07-15-2017 10:29 AM
263 ... 91011
tools
    I have seen the screen protector threads but I am curious who on here will use their phones without a screen protector? I waffle with every new phone.

I currently have a Zagg HD waiting for when the phone arrives but am thinking about returning it and going without one all together. Anyone else?

I will be using a case as I always do but this time around I might go without the screen protection.
    I bought a zagg hd screen protector from Argos they are the worst I have ever used serious though send it back & get a refund I replaced mine six times in as many weeks, then zagg send you a new one just for the cost of postage them you have to pay to send the damaged one back to them. It's expensive to send it back as there offices are in Ireland. Buy a much better one from ebay before you jump on me about ebay you can but two excellent screen protectors for less than it costs to pay the postage to return tour damaged zagg screen protectors. The zagg ones are poor quality & crack so easily, don't get drawn into there "limited lifetime warranty" you lose in the end you will be replacing the zagg one every month or less trust have been there!!
    04-25-2017 09:06 AM
    I don't have my 7edge anymore but when I had it I didn't use screen protection.
    brad419 likes this.
    04-25-2017 02:00 PM
    I have to have a screen protector. The last phone I scratched was the S7 edge and this is while waiting for my screen protector which arrived a few days later.
    04-25-2017 05:21 PM
    I'm not using a protector. Have never used one and have never had a scratched screen, phone or tablet. If I'm putting it in a bag as opposed to a coat pocket then I put it in a case.
    04-25-2017 05:37 PM
    I have had my S7 edge for almost a year without a screen protector and don't have one visible scratch (knock on wood). I don't really like screen protectors at all.
    brad419, DEman19901 and amyf27 like this.
    04-25-2017 05:59 PM
    Have had my S7 edge for almost a year without a screen protector. No scratches whatsoever. Keep it in my left front pocket with nothing else in the pocket.
    DEman19901 and LineKill like this.
    04-25-2017 10:49 PM
    Nearly a year without any scratches. I do use a pouch even when it's in my pocket. Phone is still incredibly beautiful looking.
    amyf27 likes this.
    04-26-2017 08:41 PM
    No screen protector here. No scratches. I'm easy on it. YMMV.
    04-27-2017 01:02 PM
    Decided to finally post in this thread.

8 months since I have the 7E. No protectors and no scratches (knock on wood). I have put a slim cover case, though. I also never put anything else with the phone and try not to take it out when in public.

Also want to ask a question. If you drop your phone, does a screen protector make a difference? I am not asking about tempered glass, just normal ones. I am also not asking about scratching scenarios - protectors clearly prevent that, but what about actual drops - do they make that big of a difference?

I mean, a hit on the display will probably go beyond a nylon thin cover and actually impact it beneath, correct?
    07-13-2017 07:43 PM
    I don't have the 7edge anymore, but I never had a screen protector on it and no issues. Son has the 7edge no screen protector, no issues. We both use cases though and are pretty careful. Accidental drop here n there but the cases have been a great help
    07-13-2017 07:58 PM
    Decided to finally post in this thread.

8 months since I have the 7E. No protectors and no scratches (knock on wood). I have put a slim cover case, though. I also never put anything else with the phone and try not to take it out when in public.

Also want to ask a question. If you drop your phone, does a screen protector make a difference? I am not asking about tempered glass, just normal ones. I am also not asking about scratching scenarios - protectors clearly prevent that, but what about actual drops - do they make that big of a difference?

I mean, a hit on the display will probably go beyond a nylon thin cover and actually impact it beneath, correct?
    Plastic screen protectors/films, no. Tempered glass, yes. Simple physics really.
    07-14-2017 02:27 AM
    Using a screen protector is a personal choice. I use my OtterBox Defender case with the built-in screen protector most of the time. I also use a Spigen Tough Armor case without screen protection.
    07-15-2017 09:02 AM
    I've never used a screen protector on any of my phones. It takes away from the sharpness when i look at the screen, and i've also never dropped a phone.
    07-15-2017 10:29 AM
263 ... 91011