07-15-2017 09:29 AM
263 1234 ...
tools
    But someone said the Zagg glass wasn't good on the 6 edge that it peeled so I may just stick with this HD if I like it and be done with it.
    There was no Zagg glass for the S6 Edge or Edge+.
    03-03-2016 05:13 AM
    Screen protectorless. That's what insurance is for. Never liked screen protectors. I've tried a few but normally within a week, I ripped it off.
    rdrive41071 and Alan Sims like this.
    03-03-2016 07:00 AM
    I have seen the screen protector threads but I am curious who on here will use their phones without a screen protector? I waffle with every new phone.

I currently have a Zagg HD waiting for when the phone arrives but am thinking about returning it and going without one all together. Anyone else?

I will be using a case as I always do but this time around I might go without the screen protection.
    I used to use screen protectors religiously. Specifically, Zagg. But when the iPhone 5 came out I got a bad one. Wouldn't adhere properly and peeled on the edges. Tried another. Same thing. So I didn't buy another until got my 5S. Same issue. So I just stopped wasting my money. I've never had a screen scratch on me since my iPhone 3GS so I'm not worried about it at all. I've tried off brand tempered glass protectors they sell at carrier stores and those have been the best. I bought a Verizon branded one when I had my s5 and it was easily the best screen protector I've ever had.
    03-03-2016 08:11 AM
    Screen protectorless. That's what insurance is for.
    didn't know insurance pays for a scratched screen
    03-03-2016 10:39 AM
    This thread is giving me great anxiety. I put a screen protector on my phone the moment I take my phone out of the box, even before turning it on.
    03-03-2016 10:40 AM
    I'm using a screen protector on my 6P because I have no Nexus Protect as it's second hand, and I'm wary Asurion wouldn't cover it. I don't think I'll need a screen protector for my S7E

Posted from the 6P of Aluminum Doom
    03-03-2016 11:22 AM
    I roll with a tempered glass screen protector on my S6 active and it looks and feels great. Costs about $10 and I don't have to worry about keys or loose change in my pockets rubbing against the screen.

Also, when the time comes to upgrade, whether you turn the device in or sell it to someone else, the device looks that much better with a flawless screen.
    SR45 and Tatt2014 like this.
    03-03-2016 01:31 PM
    didn't know insurance pays for a scratched screen
    I dont care about a scratched screen. Never had a scratched screen. Besides I don't keep phones long enough to care anyway lol. It's not that serious for me.
    bhatech likes this.
    03-03-2016 01:31 PM
    I'm still unsure about whether to use a screen protector for my new S7. For those that have kept a phone for a while without one, have you noticed any scratches? I'm pretty careful with my phones, so if y'all think the glass can stay scratch-free for 2 years, I won't be needing one.
    thecomicbookandme likes this.
    03-03-2016 07:47 PM
    I had a co worker tell me that screen protectors are a rigged deal. The screens are pretty tough and hard to scratch. The protectors are softer and screath easier. You see scratch on protector you think "oh man, glad I had the protector". I wasn't so sure so after I ordered the S7E I took the protector off my One M7 and have been running it through the gauntlet: keys in same pocket, change, pens, pencils, etc. Just to test his theory. Low and behold, no scratches yet. The only thing I haven't done is drop it on pavement. I think I'm going to go without a protector and without a case. NAKED!
    03-03-2016 09:34 PM
    I had a co worker tell me that screen protectors are a rigged deal. The screens are pretty tough and hard to scratch. The protectors are softer and screath easier. You see scratch on protector you think "oh man, glad I had the protector". I wasn't so sure so after I ordered the S7E I took the protector off my One M7 and have been running it through the gauntlet: keys in same pocket, change, pens, pencils, etc. Just to test his theory. Low and behold, no scratches yet. The only thing I haven't done is drop it on pavement. I think I'm going to go without a protector and without a case. NAKED!
    Might want a to watch a few drop tests before you think it's safe to drop on pavement.
    SR45, rpkincer and Tatt2014 like this.
    03-03-2016 10:01 PM
    No screen protector for me I never ever use them on any phone. Will be putting a case on it though just waiting for seidio to release S7 edge.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Rose4uKY likes this.
    03-03-2016 10:53 PM
    His logic is sound for all but tempered glass screen protectors. Good tempered glass protectors have a hardness of 9h normally. So very hard to scratch. Along the same level of the phone glass. It isn't impossible though. You just have to have that wrong thing make contact one time and the screen is scratched. The added benefit of tempered glass is the phone feels the same as if it wasn't there. There is also a good chance damage that would shatter the phone glass will just damage the tempered glass protector and leave the phone glass intact.

I would never discourage use of a glass protector. The others are kind of useless, but not the glass ones.

03-04-2016 06:46 AM
    If you want to see a interesting conversation on this subject scan the pixel c forums for discussions on scratches with the magnetic keyboard that slides off. It is well documented that the pixels get scratches from it. They are minor and generally hardly visiable, but do happen. And that is just from dust between the keyboard and screen when the tab is being removed from the keyboard.

rpkincer likes this.
    03-04-2016 06:54 AM
    His logic is sound for all but tempered glass screen protectors. Good tempered glass protectors have a hardness of 9h normally. So very hard to scratch. Along the same level of the phone glass. It isn't impossible though. You just have to have that wrong thing make contact one time and the screen is scratched. The added benefit of tempered glass is the phone feels the same as if it wasn't there. There is also a good chance damage that would shatter the phone glass will just damage the tempered glass protector and leave the phone glass intact.

I would never discourage use of a glass protector. The others are kind of useless, but not the glass ones.

Unless that screen protector is made out of Sapphire, no way it's 9H.
    03-04-2016 08:52 AM
    Well take a look for yourself. The spec list for the one on my Note 3 is MimeUSA Ghost Tempered Glass Protector. Now did i take it to a lab and have it certified? NO. But this is treated glass similar to Gorilla Glass so why wouldn't it share a similar hardness.
    03-04-2016 09:20 AM
    At first I didn't have screen protector on my S4. Then the phone fell once and the screen broke. I got it fixed and bought a protector just because I wanted to sell the S4 for someone later. Now I pre-ordered the S7 Edge and will sell the S4 to my dad. Now he'll get the 0% scratched screen.

So if you're going to sell your phone later, use screen protectors!
    Rose4uKY likes this.
    03-04-2016 09:42 AM
    I don't get why people use screen protectors, these aren't plastic screens like the old flip phones had lol, I just don't get it........
    Because glass scratches and cracks. In my experience (4 to be exact), tempered glass works and is barely noticeable.
    Rose4uKY and SR45 like this.
    03-04-2016 10:05 AM
    Can anyone say if a ZAGG HD is worth the increase in price from a ZAGG Original?
    03-05-2016 01:20 PM
    No front screen protector for me. I will have one on the rear though. I found it to work good on my S6 edge from keeping it floating off the wireless charger. It creates some friction to prevent that. Since it'll be clear on glass, won't even know it's there.
    03-05-2016 01:34 PM
    not sure about the origional but on my Note 4 I had a glass which ended up shattering (no scratch on the actual screen thank god) I switched to the HDX which was amazing even with my million drops, kind of wish they had that for the s7 edge.
    03-05-2016 01:56 PM
    I have never used Zagg before until our HTC M8 and M9 we got the glass and haven't looked back our favorite. But since it's not being made I am considering the HD but have never used the original so not sure the differences. But Zagg emailed me and said yes they will be making the glass but it will be 2-3 weeks or longer before it's out. So do I just do the Zagg original until then or splurge and get the HD in case the glass doesn't come out. How much better is the HD I wonder too?

Can anyone say if a ZAGG HD is worth the increase in price from a ZAGG Original?
    03-05-2016 01:57 PM
    I would use a screen protector if they had a tempered one that was any good for the edge, but I doubt there will be one.
    Rose4uKY likes this.
    03-05-2016 01:58 PM
    I always used a screen protector. These days, if it's tempered glass, I will put it on. Anything else? No. I have a nice scratch on the tempered glass that's on my S6 right now, don't know how it happened, but I'm glad it's not the screen. **** happens.

With the S7e, I have a protector on order, but not sure what to expect though.
    03-05-2016 02:04 PM
    I'm torn. While I want to use a tempered glass protector, it doesn't seem that there are any decent ones out right now. I'm ok with spending good money on one that fits well, but I don't want to test a bunch of cheap ones.

I considered a Zagg HD, but I need to feel one in person first. I haven't used a screen protector on my Note 5 at all and it's been fine. My 6s+ was also fine without one. Those two doing ok without one gives me even more pause.
    03-05-2016 03:34 PM
263 1234 ...