07-15-2017 09:29 AM
263 12345 ...
tools
    Using a Spigen Crystal screen protector like I have on my S6E. I head to the beach a lot and sand does not play nicely with anything from Corning.
    Rose4uKY likes this.
    03-05-2016 04:18 PM
    Using a Spigen Crystal screen protector like I have on my S6E. I head to the beach a lot and sand does not play nicely with anything from Corning.
    Or any other glass :-) I also have one of those incoming
    03-05-2016 08:52 PM
    Or any other glass :-) I also have one of those incoming
    Shhhhh you're revealing the secret to these capitalist pigs.
    03-05-2016 09:19 PM
    I never use screen protection. Why would you? I have the spigen ultra thin case and it fits famously. THIS IS BY FAR THE BEST PHONE THUS FAR!!
    03-05-2016 10:00 PM
    I never use screen protection. Why would you? I have the spigen ultra thin case and it fits famously. THIS IS BY FAR THE BEST PHONE THUS FAR!!
    Seen two friends with tempered glass screen protectors have the protector break due to incidents and the screen was undamaged. Not saying the incidents absolutely would have broken the screen itself, but it definitely gives piece of mind to some.
    SR45 likes this.
    03-05-2016 10:32 PM
    I like using screen protectors - especially glass ones - for several reasons.

1.Protects my screen against accidental damages. I usually never drop my phone. However, after having a toddler in my life, it's a must. She once kicked my belt holster case & opened it, leading to my phone dropping on the hard floor. The glass protector cracked but not my phone screen. Screen protector saved the day.

2. Due to the work I do, my right thumb's underside is very rough. It has scratched phone screens before. The film protectors don't stand a chance of lasting even one week. So I use glass screen protectors.

3. It's good for resale value having a flawless screen. The buyer feels more assured & confidant.

4. I can dress up my phone by changing colors. See pic below for example.

03-05-2016 10:49 PM
    Me too I can't wait till Zagg comes out with their curved glass one for the edge.
    03-05-2016 11:17 PM
    I didn't order a SS yet, only a thin clear TPU case. I want to actually get the phone and see what it is like before ordering a lot of stuff.

I am still undecided, I have used SS and not used SS's in the past.
    03-06-2016 08:56 AM
    What screen protector is that? So it's a red protector? That's Cool!

I like using screen protectors - especially glass ones - for several reasons.

1.Protects my screen against accidental damages. I usually never drop my phone. However, after having a toddler in my life, it's a must. She once kicked my belt holster case & opened it, leading to my phone dropping on the hard floor. The glass protector cracked but not my phone screen. Screen protector saved the day.

2. Due to the work I do, my right thumb's underside is very rough. It has scratched phone screens before. The film protectors don't stand a chance of lasting even one week. So I use glass screen protectors.

3. It's good for resale value having a flawless screen. The buyer feels more assured & confidant.

4. I can dress up my phone by changing colors. See pic below for example.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...227_141258.jpg
    03-06-2016 12:33 PM
    When I first got my Note5 a co-worker told me " oh you shouldn't put a screen protector on it, the glass is strong in this phone"...

Well guess what within 2 days a found a tiny scratch in the middle of the screen, enough that I could actually feel it with my thumb, I was really pissed at myself for not getting a screen protector.

I had to deal with Verizon (which was totally absurd) but I was able to get a brand new phone.

I use Zagg HD glass and will never risk it again.
    tadpoles likes this.
    03-06-2016 01:27 PM
    If you own the Edge, you have to live on the edge. No screen protector or case for me.
    clintw22, Nkky7 and Alan Sims like this.
    03-06-2016 01:53 PM
    I don't like using screen protectors. I generally take pretty good care of and I am very careful with my phones. The Gorilla Glass will hold up just fine.
    03-06-2016 02:11 PM
    Screen protectors ruin the entire experience.
    rkkeller, bhatech and Alan Sims like this.
    03-06-2016 04:06 PM
    I stopped with my OneX but my M8 had small scratches after a year of use without one. No idea how I got any but I picked up a glass protector and it's served me well and near impossible to tell it's on there.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-06-2016 04:16 PM
    I've had my S7 Edge since Friday and I can't imagine using a screen protector on this. I'm taking my chances. I've never used screen protectors on any of my Android phones, why start now?
    rdrive41071, bhatech and Alan Sims like this.
    03-06-2016 05:07 PM
    especially with the tempered glass protectors, I personally prefer to pay $10-$25 for a tempered glass protector and have a little extra insurance that I might not crack my screen
    03-18-2016 12:07 AM
    My phone fell out of my pocket the other day at work when I was leaning over I was so upset. I saw a messed up spot at the bottom right side and my husband looked at it when I got home and said it was the screen protector messed up not the phone. I was so glad. I just like having a screen protector and always have had one. I'm hoping Zagg makes a good glass one here soon so I can upgrade my HD one.
    03-18-2016 12:12 AM
    I am. I've honestly never been a fan of screen protector. I sometimes go naked.. Sometimes use a case.. But I never use screen protectors. I will say my phone has it's own dedicated pocket so nothing else sitting in with it.
    Alan Sims likes this.
    03-18-2016 12:30 AM
    I don't plan on using a screen protector on my S7E as it feels damn good without! I do have two cases though... a spigen air cushion for work and a gunmetal thin fit for home use.
    03-18-2016 04:34 AM
    Find yourself a glass screen protector. I recommend Spigen, or Skinomi. The glass touch feel does not differentiate much from the real screen. So Cheers up!
    Rose4uKY likes this.
    03-18-2016 07:15 AM
    I never used to use screen protectors until both a Nexus 6 and a Samsung S6 Edge+ broke despite having a good case. They just happened to fall right on the screen. Now I use them. I find that only the glass ones really leave things feeling like the original screen, or at least close. You definitely lose some of the smoothness...

03-18-2016 08:35 AM
    Yeah I love the glass ones the best. We used to use Clarivue and tried one other brand Spigen maybe and then one day at Best Buy when we got our M8's we tried Zagg glass they gave us 20% off and we loved it and got the same for our 9's. I love glass ones and Zagg emailed me and said their curved glass will be out in a few weeks but will see. Does Spiegen and Skinomi have theirs out already?
    03-18-2016 09:06 AM
    I didn't used to be a fan of screen protectors until my first GG4 screen scratched from just being in a keyless pocket. I've got a plastic one on now, will be getting a tempered glass one as soon as they are available.

03-18-2016 11:46 AM
    Several people have reported their edge7 screen cracked when dropped face down. Since the case must expose the curved glass I don't see how any case or Screen protector will help. If it falls and hits curved glass it breaks.
    03-18-2016 11:48 AM
    I am until someone comes out with a good glass screen protector never liked the plastic ones always end up taking it off. Had spigen glass on my S4 and S5

03-18-2016 04:55 PM
263 12345 ...