07-15-2017 09:29 AM
263 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Meee.. not using screen protector..

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-18-2016 05:57 PM
    No screen protector or case. I'm waiting for the mophie case to come out though 🙃
    03-18-2016 07:49 PM
    I hope Zaggs is out soon and it's a good one. Never had a Spigen one in glass.
    03-19-2016 12:23 AM
    i always wonder how much money these screen protector companies make . i super thin peice of plastic with some adhesive has to be very cheap to produce, then they retail for 410...$15..$20+

the markup is insane
    03-19-2016 08:14 AM
    I still have mine bare as there are no really good ones for the Edge yet.
    JenJuel and JHStewart1023 like this.
    03-19-2016 08:34 AM
    The bad thing is that any of the glass protectors are going to peel right up as soon as you put the phone in a case.
    I'm sitting here with a couple plastic protectors and will give them a shot later today.
    03-19-2016 08:38 AM
    I work in the mobile industry and i can say the tempered glass screen protectors are much easier to apply and actually make the scrolling a little smoother. Plus at least Zagg has a lifetime warranty.
    03-19-2016 11:13 AM
    I don't like how screen protector feels or look.
    DEman19901, Alan Sims and brad419 like this.
    03-19-2016 02:37 PM
    I've been using a Spigen case since Day 1 and am very happy with it. Got the Luvitt tempered glass screen protector in the mail today and installed it right away. The protector doesn't play well with the case. The top of the protector bends out only so slightly because of the case fit; this makes it very difficult to effectively touch the screen at the top.

For the moment I'm going to try the protector without the case and await the Luvitt case that I ordered today - it's supposed to fit properly with their own protector.

Also awaiting the Zagg protector. I'm trying them all.
    03-19-2016 03:36 PM
    I read a few Q&A replies from manufacturer reps on Amazon saying their tempered glass protectors will be difficult to use with most cases. Bummer. I was hoping to use both or at least glass with the OEM wallet display case

03-19-2016 04:11 PM
    No screen protector for me. I enjoy the feel of the naked screen. I don't put anything in the pocket I put my phone on and my case has a decent sized lip where I can put my phone face down without worrying. My GF had a tempered glass screen protector on her phone and the screen still cracked. That persuaded me against it. I'm fairly careful with my phone so I'm not that worried. Seems like another Money making scheme for companies to prey on us. I'm also reading a lot of posts that most aren't working with the cases and are starting to peel. Pray for me though y'all because I really don't wanna scratch my phone lol
    03-20-2016 12:07 PM
    it's all fun and games until whatever was previously in your pocket leaves some grit. You can throw knives and hammers at the screen all you want and not scratch it, but grit/sand will put fine scratches in gorilla glass pretty easily.

Maybe one day you were refilling the washer fluid in your car. Your hands got dirty, so you put them in your coat pocket to retrieve a tissue. You leave trace amounts of grit/sand behind in an otherwise empty, loose, and plush fleece lined pocket. The next day, you put your phone in this same empty pocket, away from your keys and anything that could damage it. You remove the phone and see fine scratches all over the screen, wondering what the hell happened?

Imagine this scenario with your jeans. You throw them in the wash with other dirty clothes. Grit makes its way into your freshly washed jean pockets. Stick phone in there... what's the outcome?

I'm all for naked screens, but the guys on craigslist will offer me 20% less than a "mint" phone if i have a few hairline scratches.
    tadpoles likes this.
    03-20-2016 01:56 PM
    Everyone is different when it comes to cases and screen protectors. I generally buy 1 case for a phone. Got the Spigen Thin Fit for mine when Amazon had a one day sale for $5. I will probably keep it on for a month or two. Once the newness wears off, I take it off. Same when I use to put screen protectors on my phones.
    03-20-2016 02:05 PM
    If you go without and keep your phone in your pocket just make sure you keep any sand out. Sand is silica which is what glass is made of and can scratch glass.
    03-20-2016 03:12 PM
    I had planned to go without as I'm generally careful with my phones. However, after only a few days I can see some extremely minor surface scratches (only visible if I'm really looking for them) so I'm questioning the resilience of the screen. If a good screen protector comes along (which plays well with a case) I might put one on.
    kaienish and tadpoles like this.
    03-20-2016 04:01 PM
    I haven't used a screen protector on my phones since the iPhone 3GS days. I didn't need it when I switched to the LG G3, and my S6 Edge was fine.

...Wait, it was fine until I used the S6 Edge with Samsung's S-View Clear Case. That bloody thing left marks all over the screen! It's well-documented what that case does to the S6 screen, and Samsung even owned up to it.

Now I have the S7 Edge (yay! an unscratched screen again!) and I'm using the new S-View Clear Case (because it looks awesome and I'm an ***** that apparently likes abuse). So far no scratching issues, but I've tried a few cheap screen covers from Amazon and they were all rubbish. I'm thinking, just to be on the safe side, I may try another simple cover until the Zagg one comes out. After that S6 Clear Case fiasco, I'm really hesitant to have the phone go commando.
    thecomicbookandme likes this.
    03-23-2016 08:40 PM
    I read about the S6 and the S View Case but I didn't know it when I bought mine for my edge. I used my case for a week or so and then switched to my Symmetry cause it fell out of my pocket at work but it just messed up the screen protector which I am glad I had gotten one put on. But i really like the case and am going to switch back to it for a while. I am hoping Zagg does make a decent curved glass protector.

I haven't used a screen protector on my phones since the iPhone 3GS days. I didn't need it when I switched to the LG G3, and my S6 Edge was fine.

...Wait, it was fine until I used the S6 Edge with Samsung's S-View Clear Case. That bloody thing left marks all over the screen! It's well-documented what that case does to the S6 screen, and Samsung even owned up to it.

Now I have the S7 Edge (yay! an unscratched screen again!) and I'm using the new S-View Clear Case (because it looks awesome and I'm an ***** that apparently likes abuse). So far no scratching issues, but I've tried a few cheap screen covers from Amazon and they were all rubbish. I'm thinking, just to be on the safe side, I may try another simple cover until the Zagg one comes out. After that S6 Clear Case fiasco, I'm really hesitant to have the phone go commando.
    03-23-2016 11:46 PM
    I've never used screen protectors on any device I've had. And my Galaxy S7 Edge is no exception.
    03-24-2016 05:59 AM
    I have not used a screen protector since my Palm PDA days.
    03-24-2016 07:29 AM
    I would never use a screen protector on this or any other phone. I find them absurd. They look awful, they add to the bulk of the phone and I ca honestly say that I have never had so much as a scratch on the screens of my last six smart phones. Seems to me that if you avoid doing incredibly stupid things like placing the phone next to sharp shiny objects you will never have any problems. I would never use this phone without an ultra-thin case however. The risk of it slipping out of your hand 'naked' is far too great.
    03-24-2016 08:05 AM
    I'm not using a screen protector. I keep my nails trimmed, pocket time to a minimum and lonely (no keys etc) and always wipe the screen down with a microfiber cloth. There doesn't seem to be a functional screen protector to use with a case.

I have a screen protector on my Nexus 6P as I am using it naked, no case.

I'm always prepared in one way or the other, but the S7E screen is too beautiful to cover up. I have noticed no scratches so far.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red
    03-24-2016 08:26 AM
    It'e been just about three weeks here and still no scratches and no protector. The second Edge that I got two weeks ago is the same.

I also bought a Note 5 in January and it too has no protector and no scratches.
    brad419 likes this.
    03-24-2016 08:28 AM
    Like my man Michael Rapaport says I'm going "raw dog without a bag"!
    03-24-2016 08:55 AM
    I personally don't like them. Of course you'll be open for scratches or broken screen, but I do have insurance so it's worth the risk for me.

Attached Thumbnails Who is using their S7 Edge without screen protection????-6913.jpg  
    03-28-2016 02:55 PM
    Still no screen protector.

I am still waiting for my Spigen case. It should be here any day now .. USPS is just .. well .. USPS :P.
    03-28-2016 02:56 PM
263 ... 23456 ...