07-15-2017 09:29 AM
263 ... 34567 ...
    No screen, i dont care if my phone will get scratches.
    03-28-2016 03:39 PM
    same here...why use screen protector it has already scratch resistant,water proof, gorilla glass 4....there is so many videos of s7edge where it didn't get any scratch so why use..
    brad419, ToddK and Shamshi-Adad like this.
    06-08-2016 03:43 AM
    I don't use a screen protector. In my opinion they spoil the feel and look of the screen which is the main way I interact with the phone. Plus they are generally more scratch prone than the screen itself. I often read people saying they've got a scratch and the screen protector saved them when actually they probably only got the scratch because of the screen protector and the screen itself would have been fine.

I do use a case though on this phone

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-08-2016 04:36 AM
    I bought one for my first phone, hated it, tore it off and never bought another. The tactile difference between running your finger over smooth and slippy glass surface and it stuttering across some plastic film is night and day.
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    06-08-2016 04:46 AM
    Stopped using one for the past 5 years, and while I originally wanted one for the 7 Edge, I'm wavering. Seems to me they're either a scam (spraying some sort of liquid armor on top of your phone glass makes it rate 9 on mohs scale. Yeah right) Or they're trying to rob me ($35 for a tempered glass cover that fits the phone and my case, when there are $10 ones for other models of good quality). I don't think I'd bother anymore. Never had a phone scratched in the last 6 years anyway. The last phone I had that had screen scratches was my old Nokia 5800 with a plastic screen.
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    06-08-2016 05:10 AM
    not sure about the origional but on my Note 4 I had a glass which ended up shattering (no scratch on the actual screen thank god) I switched to the HDX which was amazing even with my million drops, kind of wish they had that for the s7 edge.
    No front screen protector for me. I will have one on the rear though. I found it to work good on my S6 edge from keeping it floating off the wireless charger. It creates some friction to prevent that. Since it'll be clear on glass, won't even know it's there.
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    06-08-2016 06:32 AM
    Having a screen protector ruins the phone for me, they never look as good and I find them annoying.

That said, having scratches is even worse! I try and be careful with my phone generally and use a "pouch" type case to protect it whilst in my pocket.
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    06-08-2016 10:27 AM
    Got rid of my HD zagg screen protector a week after buying the phone. The only problem I have is the screen is a fingerprint magnet ,if that kind thing bothers you. I keep a microfiber towel or wipe with me just about everywhere, so when they do get annoying, I can wipe it down. The zagg kept bubbling up near the top of the phone, so I aced it. Just keep your hands clean and you should be fine.

Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    06-08-2016 11:26 AM
    After many failed screen protectors from bodyguardz HD curve and the Zagg film I have been screen protector free for about 2 months now. I gave up looking for a proper screen protector because neither that they have in market work well for my taste. My phone still looks brand new and not a single scratch on it. I take care of my phone and I don't place it anywhere vulnerable where it can get scratched. It has a special pocket in my purse when I'm out and about.

06-10-2016 09:00 AM
    ^ I so agree with this. It's incredibly freeing to just use my screen as intended, with all the colors and touches front and center.

I also take very good care of my phone and it's still looks perfect.

06-10-2016 10:08 AM
    I also have been going naked for about a month now. The screen is so clear and crisp and actually feels soft without a protector. I don't have a single scratch on my screen at all.
    06-10-2016 10:36 AM
    I've always used them and had been waiting on the zagg, but sort of unsure at this point. I did notice this week that I have two small scratches that are barely visible with the screen off... But they are there. I had taken the phone and my daily commuting bag to Mexico, so I think some residual sand got to it. I have insurance so figure if I break the screen I'll replace, and now that I'm past the first few months' honeymoon, some wear and tear is expected. Well see how I'm feeling if/when something more significant happens, but for now, trying not to worry.
    I use a minimal plastic case to protect the back and sides and give my hands buffer from the edge screen while typing, for what it is worth.

06-10-2016 11:55 AM
    ^ I so agree with this. It's incredibly freeing to just use my screen as intended, with all the colors and touches front and center.

I also take very good care of my phone and it's still looks perfect.

Exactly. I love how the screen feels on its own. The screen protectors just made it feel ... off. Thankfully I haven't seen a scratch yet but like I said I am very careful with my phone regardless

brad419 and Shamshi-Adad like this.
    06-10-2016 07:45 PM
    For any phone I've ever purchased in recent years, they've always had a screen protector. I recommend them, because even if you're super careful with your phones, there could always be that one time that you accidentally slam it into something... And if it's not under any kind of insurance, at least a screen protector will protect from cracks and general scratches.

06-10-2016 09:59 PM
    If I could find a decent screen protector that will actually do its job, yes. But, I still have yet to find a screen protector that won't scratch itself from absolutely nothing (the Bodyguardz did this, scratched not even an hour after I had it put on), peel off from the sides (the Zagg one did that), or a decent tempered glass that won't make the phone look ugly (as most glass for the s7 edge does). I guess the only downside from having an edge phone is the lack of decent screen protectors. Besides, they won't really guarantee protection from cracking the phone - I've seen cases where they had a glass protector and their phone still cracked underneath. It's all a matter on how you handle your phone. I wouldn't keep my phone in a predicament where it would get slammed into something. My phone is always in my purse when I'm out and about and I only take it out if I'm not on the move (like sitting on the bus/train, lunch breaks at work, home, etc). I know this phone is extra fragile due to the sensitivity of the curved edge. I just don't want to spend more money on something that's not gonna work well with the phone. I just don't get how they can't create a glass screen protector without the ugly borders - the ones that only have adhesive on the corners and that's about it. That won't protect your phone at all. I do have insurance on my phone, but I am hoping that for as long as I do have this phone, I wouldn't have the need to use it.
    06-11-2016 12:50 PM
    Nope, no screen protector. I used to use invisisheild, but nothing since gorilla glass came out. However, my daughter uses the tempered glass protector, which I am pretty sure saved her screen on her S6 at one point. Accidents can and do happen, so insurance insurance insurance. :-)
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    06-11-2016 02:36 PM
    My first Android phone was the Nexus One. It came with this inexpensive removable neoprene sleeve. I thought it was a great idea as it offered a level of protection to the phone when it was in your pocket, or when otherwise not in use... and yet it didn't at all ruin the look/feel of the phone when using it, like cases and screen protectors are prone to do.

Every one of the five Android phones I have owned since then has had one of those sleeves, with no case and no screen protector... no broken screens, despite some drops onto bare concrete and asphalt. I do end up with a scratch or two on the screen, but nothing I can't overlook. I always keep the phone in a pocket by itself.

The drawback with the sleeve is that the phone is still unprotected while in use... so, a bit of a risk there. Just need to be careful, at that point, and also not let kids or fumble fingers adults use the phone.

Here's a link to one for the GS7 Edge:
    06-13-2016 07:12 AM
    I too got tired to find a good screen protector...i tried the hd glass but the touch was no way close to the display...tried film but it never glued at the edges..soo decided to go without and screen protection...
    Thou during my latest trip to u.s ...with lot of running around...there mite be some sand or something in my pocket that gave fine scratches on my display but none are easily visible...and i just discovered my display is faulty...there is a purple or pink line coming when little pressure is applied near the front cam...from u.s i purchased armor suit screen protection...will claim warranty to change my display and then apply amor suit...if iam not happy with amor suit will again go naked on the screen ..coz only then u really enjoy the beauty of the edge screen..
    Thou i have insurance on the phone aswell

Posted via my Awesome Lumia 950 , Beautiful S7 Edge Gold or Surface pro 4
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    06-21-2016 01:25 AM
    For those who want a good tempered glass screen protector can try the AmazingThing one. It can also be ordered for 29Ș on ebay.
    06-21-2016 03:41 AM
    I used ballistic glass on my iPhone and iPad. Not on my s7. But I did put a clear thin case on it and then to make it a little more secure I got some adhesive egrips that I put on the back of the case. They make it just a little bit harder to lose your grip or slide off a smooth surface.
    06-24-2016 05:52 PM
    Do you use this one and is it really good? We gave up on finding a good one ordered 2 from Groupon and one cracked right away sent them back. I am just using the Zagg HD one not glass. The normal Zagg Glass ones which we had on our M8 and M9 were the best. Wish they made the same for the Edge but their new ones only come in black and I read bad things about them.
    06-30-2016 12:02 PM
    I cant stand the screen guards for the s7 edge, I swear by them for every phone Iv'e ever used, but I cant stand the fact that everyone ive used sucks!!! They either lift up with a case or you have to press the screen really hard on the corners and since this phone is going back to Verizon on my 13th month for the new samsung I dont really care
    JHStewart1023 likes this.
    06-30-2016 09:45 PM
    So my phone is back from warranty and screen replacement..good part is with new screen u get ,new metal frame and new home button...I had purchased amor suit from u.s..
    Applied it few days back...good part is it fit very well and edges stick...though it took few tries. For now I am happy...with armor suit

posted from Limited red and gold Lumia 950, Beautiful S7 Edge gold or Surface pro 4
    07-12-2016 08:36 AM
    Real men don't need a screen protector, GG4 is virtually scratch proof. Now dropping it on the concrete floor of my parking garage would suck, but no screen protector would help there...
    07-12-2016 12:23 PM
    There's no such thing as repair work when it comes to screens now, they give you a new phone entirely. Tested this out when my S5 went in for repair by scratching a mark behind the battery and my returned phone was minus this scratch.
    Shamshi-Adad and recDNA like this.
    07-13-2016 12:18 AM
263 ... 34567 ...