07-15-2017 09:29 AM
263 ... 45678 ...
tools
    got the s7 edge few weeks ago and the samsung salesperson said that no need to put on screen protector or tempered glass because the screen itself is anti scratch. but somehow thanks to my clumsy self, i've dropped the phone on the pavement 3 times and the screen got few minor scratches. not that obvious but still felt like crying. went to the shop and got the tempered glass. but the glass messed up with the screen sensitivity and it peeled off at the edge.
    07-21-2016 10:38 PM
    Consider your self lucky but it doesn't take drops to scratch this screen. A pocket will do it (minor, surface scratches, but still).
    07-22-2016 11:59 AM
    got the s7 edge few weeks ago and the samsung salesperson said that no need to put on screen protector or tempered glass because the screen itself is anti scratch. but somehow thanks to my clumsy self, i've dropped the phone on the pavement 3 times and the screen got few minor scratches. not that obvious but still felt like crying. went to the shop and got the tempered glass. but the glass messed up with the screen sensitivity and it peeled off at the edge.
    Just install the armor suit screen guard...I did the same...happy so far...

posted from Limited red and gold Lumia 950, Beautiful S7 Edge gold or Surface pro 4
    07-24-2016 05:22 PM
    I've had both of my S7 Edge Silver phones since early March. Still no screen protector and still no scratches anywhere.
    thecomicbookandme likes this.
    07-24-2016 10:59 PM
    Just got back from Tahoe. Dropped a couple times, at the beach every day, hiking, etc. No screen protector, use a wallet case. No screen protector. No scratches.
    sjuel likes this.
    07-25-2016 05:05 PM
    I still have my Zagg HD on mine and it's messed up on the bottom corners and another spot but I keep it on. I wish a good glass one would come out. My co-worker just got the edge and he's asking me about a decent one to get that's not expensive. Our M8 and M9's had Zagg glass our favorite. I got 2 for the edge off groupon returned mine husbands cracked when he dropped his phone forgot the brand. He got some 7 or 8 dollar one off Amazon he was using before I think he put it back on when the groupon one broke. May have been IQ or something like that.
    07-27-2016 10:21 AM
    Don't have an edge but wouldn't use one

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-27-2016 05:58 PM
    Just using the tech21 wallet from Best Buy and nothing on the screen, totally love it! No scratches or anything yet!
    07-27-2016 07:50 PM
    I've been without a screen protector for several months now and don't have any scratches.
    07-27-2016 09:56 PM
    Been using it with no cover since buying. 2 very small scratches seen only in a certain angle at a certain light, and it's all my fault. I've been putting my rimless glasses on top of the thing the past week and yeah. Glass on glass. Stopped doing it since. Lol.
    07-27-2016 10:12 PM
    Still going without the screen protector. The only "scratch " I have is on the power button.

07-28-2016 01:37 AM
    Been using my S7 with Spigen Neo-Hybrid since March and not a single scratch, did purchase a Sikomi "liquid" screen protector but I've been hesitating to apply, seem a bit too complicated but I've been getting nervous after so many threads with S7E getting screens cracked out of nowhere.

Had my Z1 and Z3 both with high quality Nillkin screen protectors, you couldn't tell there was a screen protector at first glance but it was quite expensive and did protect the Z3 screen from a really high drop on a bunch of rocks (with Spigen crystal case with "air cushions") only the screen protector cracked, the phone was completely untouched, so yea, accidents do happen!

Here is what I'm doing right now, I turn off my S7E and leave it at home or in my car and take my Lumia 930 with me instead since everyone knows my two numbers, that's when I'm out for a walking, playing with the kids, the dog... and so on... The Lumia is sturdy as hell, doesn't even need a case, never got scratched. It's like a Nokia 3310.
    08-03-2016 05:39 PM
    Had one on for a few months but got tired of it. I use a VRS wallet case so it's covered in my pocket now. So far so good

thecomicbookandme likes this.
    08-03-2016 06:13 PM
    I broke down and got a Skinomi TechSkin and installed it last night...so far, I am not impressed! It is a little rubbery to the feel and it still shows a lot of streaks and blemishes in the film. No bubbles or anything but it just doesn't look good! I am going to give it a few days to 'cure' as the instructions suggest but I don't have high hopes for this screen protector, I definitely liked the factory glass feel much better!
    08-04-2016 05:29 AM
    I broke down and got a Skinomi TechSkin and installed it last night...so far, I am not impressed! It is a little rubbery to the feel and it still shows a lot of streaks and blemishes in the film. No bubbles or anything but it just doesn't look good! I am going to give it a few days to 'cure' as the instructions suggest but I don't have high hopes for this screen protector, I definitely liked the factory glass feel much better!
    My skinomi never really "cured" so to speak, so I just ripped it off. What a waste of money as it was very expensive

MoshuXXL likes this.
    08-04-2016 05:47 AM
    I've gone through 5 screen protectors and am really thinking about going no protection... it's frustrating that there's really no good protectors out there

08-04-2016 11:25 AM
    My Zagg HD is messed up and I am wanting a different protector or to go without one and take it off. My husband got one for like 8 bucks off Amazon forgot the name and said he liked it but wished he had gotten an extra one so the 1st one could of been like a practice putting it on. It was one mentioned on here. Than I bought these 2 off Groupon and decided not to use mine after reading reviews on Amazon and he dropped his phone and his cracked so now he is without protector. My Zagg just out of the blue has this bubble at the bottom now I am thinking of going without one too until a better one shows up somewhere.
    08-06-2016 10:43 AM
    I have the Zagg HD too. Actually, I've had two. I messed up the first trying to trim it just a bit to work with my case. More on that below.

While it's probably decent screen protection, I don't much like the "not glass" feeling. I got spoiled by glass on my previous devices, and there just seems to be something wrong with the fact that there isn't a decent TGSP for this thing. I understand the why, but it doesn't make this plastic Zagg feel any better. I have to wonder why the TGSP for this device doesn't have adhesive on the entire sheet of glass. The TGSP for my other devices (all flat screens) were fully covered with adhesive. Why is this one just on the edges?

I am using my phone with a Spigen Neo-Hybrid Crystal case. It is a TPU case with a plastic ring. The Zagg plastic screen protector gets pushed up at the upper corners just like the GPEL TGSP (since returned). I'd hate to think that Edge owners have to choose between decent screen protection or a decent case, but not both. If it really is one or the other, I'd have to lean toward using no screen cover.
    08-06-2016 02:57 PM
    Finally after showing the Zagg Kiosk my bubble that appeared the girl replaced it for 6 bucks to put it on so I was happy. When the screen is off and it's black I don't see as many of these lines neither that I saw before and it looks so much better now, My edges were messed up and I am still leary on putting my case back on and which one but it's been 24 hours so I am going top try my symmetry. I have the Samsung S flip case and a Spigen thin armore I think it's called it has a kickstand.
    08-07-2016 03:56 PM
    Funny that you should mention the Symmetry. I also tried one of those, and had the same trouble with the top corners of the Zagg plastic screen protector. The Symmetry went back and I replaced it with a Commuter. It's not much bigger than the Symmetry, but the interior cushioning is a lot better. The best part is that the Commuter liner come up over the device corners by enough that the plastic screen protector doesn't get pushed up. I may have found something that works.
    08-07-2016 04:10 PM
    I put my case back on last night noticed a small spot in one corner so I took the Symmetry off for now and pushed the corner down and put my Samsung S flip case on gonna use it for a bit. I also have this Spigen with a kickstand thin armor it made be called I wonder how it will do. I don't really like the dlip cover when I am in the car cause of my dock. The Spigen is similar to my Symmetry I think I just tried it and saw another messed up corner spot so Samsung flip for now it is.

Funny that you should mention the Symmetry. I also tried one of those, and had the same trouble with the top corners of the Zagg plastic screen protector. The Symmetry went back and I replaced it with a Commuter. It's not much bigger than the Symmetry, but the interior cushioning is a lot better. The best part is that the Commuter liner come up over the device corners by enough that the plastic screen protector doesn't get pushed up. I may have found something that works.
    08-08-2016 10:08 AM
    I was just in best buy at the Samsung kiosk and was told that zagg has admitted to the flaw of the protector for the S7E. basically, it's not case friendly. however, I'm not buying anymore, I think I stopped at 5 about 2 months back, and Iove the way my phone feels without a protective screen. I have zero scratches, and I'm. Free to use any case I want. However, especially when the screen is off, you will see the fingerprints, but I've learned to live with that, AND I carry a microfiber cloth with me at all times...!

08-11-2016 01:22 AM
    Never have. Never will.
    08-11-2016 02:12 AM
    Doing just fine without a protector on mine. I have my suspicions that companies post here with "this phone scratches easily" posts to sell their crappy pretectors on line.

No longer buying it.

08-11-2016 05:31 AM
    I want to go without one but I did notice that the back of my phone has a couple small scratches on it. I believe that it is the same glass that is on the front and those scratches on the front would drive me nuts. I'm having a difficult time finding a screen protector that feels good and works with a case. I've probably had 8 different protectors on in the last 3-4 months.

08-14-2016 08:22 AM
263 ... 45678 ...