07-15-2017 09:29 AM
263 ... 56789 ...
tools
    Spent $20 on one, installed it and immediately tore it off again. There was an issue with the glue making certain parts of the screen insensitive and it was impossible to remedy. A new protector and a little more care could probably have done it. But it is not worth it IMHO. I use an INCIPIO protector that actually does a good job at protecting the screen without covering it.
    08-14-2016 09:24 AM
    5 months ago when i got the phone, i went to a phone store. There i asked for S6 edge screen protectors. They have generic unbranded 5$ plastic ones.

I asked the salesman to show me the screen protector, he pulled the screen protector from a plastic bag which contains lot more generic unbranded S6 edge screen protectors. I was surprised to know that it feels very smooth. Bought it and asked the salesman to apply it. It was a perfect fit, the edges are protected and its very case friendly.

Until now, the plastic screen protector didnt peel off, but it has a lot but hard to scratches.

Generic, cheap, unbranded ones doesn't mean its worse than expensive branded ones.

Posted with ❤Love❤
    08-14-2016 10:04 AM
    I never used screen protector in any of my phones, and I'm not gonna start now, with this beautiful S7 Edge screen.
    08-14-2016 11:37 AM
    Basically everyone in the edge forum is going screen protector less haha.

Posted via the Android Central App
    clintw22 likes this.
    08-14-2016 03:00 PM
    I'm currently rocking the UAG featherlight composite case with a Skinomi Techskin Sccreen Protector. Personally, I think the techskin has done a good job of protecting my device. It doesn't have terrible rainbowing, in fact hardly at all. For 8 dollars, for 2 protectors, it isn't a terrible price. I've had this protector on for 2 months, and it does well with cases, though the Supcase UBP squeezes tight and causes mild stretching. The protectors are wet install, and there's no better phone equipped for a WET installation. I wish there was a tempered glass or even a fancy nanofilm or rhino shield, but I'd much prefer the clear rubbery protector over a glass, faulty-sensitivity, painted protector any day. I wish they made REAL tempered glass protectors for this phone that had adhesive all over. I don't understand why they don't. My G4 had a curved display (concave as opposed to convex) and those worked just fine. Come on MFGs, you can do so much better than this. I'll be waiting.
    08-17-2016 12:00 PM
    I had a glass screen protector on when I first got my end but it distorted the screen and reduced the responsiveness of the capacitive keys and some of the keys of the keyboard. After a few days I had to take it off. Now I'm not using a screen protector. Something I haven't done since 2010.I have a spigen clear case and a skip wallet. I might get the clear case to protect the screen.

Posted from my pink gold S7 edge
    Rose4uKY likes this.
    08-19-2016 03:24 PM
    Has anyone had marks on their screen from earrings?!? (Little silver hoops is all, no diamonds or anything) Not actual scratches but I see marks when my screen is off and they drive me nuts, is there any way to buff them out?? Very disappointed as this never happened on my S5, ever. (Without a screen protector)
    08-23-2016 06:20 PM
    Has anyone tried the otterbox defender for the s7 edge? It has a plastic screen protector built in. I've been wanting to try it but don't wanna drop the money on it to have it not work.
    08-23-2016 07:06 PM
    After going protector less on mine for awhile, I noticed a small scratch (only viewable in a certain angle), but now that I know its there, it ticks me off. I applied the Invisible shield HD 2 nights ago to prevent any further.
    08-23-2016 09:51 PM
    I have gone through 5 Zagg HD protectors every time I put a case on it the edges curl a day or two later they bubble up.

I am now trying to decide to go without a case or to go with the screen unprotected
    08-23-2016 10:15 PM
    I have gone through 5 Zagg HD protectors every time I put a case on it the edges curl a day or two later they bubble up.

I am now trying to decide to go without a case or to go with the screen unprotected
    Same. After the 3rd one from Zagg I just decided to deal with it. I gotta have something on the screen. I don't want it scratched. Funny thing is this never happened with my S6 edge. I mean never. When I bought it the girl at T-Mobile put it on for me and it was in the entire time i owned the phone.
    08-23-2016 10:19 PM
    I'm on my 4th Zagg HD... I finally found a DIY solution. After installing the screen protector, i took a straight razor and carefully and gently trimmed about 1/8 inch off the top and bottom of the screen protector...nothing on the sides. Do this very gently so you avoid etching the gorilla glass. So far, knock on wood, it has worked perfectly for over a month now. (note: the case i use is a very thin tpu from Spigen... I forget which model)
    08-24-2016 05:29 AM
    So. everyone who is going without a screen protector. what do you use to clean the screen ???
    08-24-2016 10:34 AM
    I have the silver S7E. It's the best looking phone I've ever seen or had. I keep it butt-booty-*** nekkid... bucket nekkid as Bernie Mac would say.

I understand why people want to protect their phones, but I simply acknowledge the cost of doing business without a case and make sure to be extra careful. It's worked out for me over the years.
    08-24-2016 12:27 PM
    So. everyone who is going without a screen protector. what do you use to clean the screen ???
    My shirt 😜
    monkeytailz and Rose4uKY like this.
    08-24-2016 12:54 PM
    No protector her either.
    08-24-2016 01:50 PM
    I have had my S7 edge for a couple weeks now and have not been using a screen protector mainly because I couldn't decide on one after looking at so many reviews. No problems so far and the look of the screen is amazing! I don't want to cover it up!
    08-25-2016 04:16 PM
    Curved screen.... no screen protector. Flat screen tempered glass screen protector. Currently on my s7 edge.... no screen protector.
    08-25-2016 08:40 PM
    I have always used a screen protector since back when I first got a 3G iphone and Zagg seemed to be the new thing.

Everything I have read about S7 Edge is not to use a screen protector. I watched maybe 15 scratch test videos on youtube.

I am fairly confident that I can go without one on this phone. It is day 4 of having the phone so only time will tell.

I did put on an otterbox commuter case though.
    08-26-2016 09:54 AM
    micro fiber cloth

https://www.amazon.com/Smartie-Micro...cUvbUpU5367884
    Thiscrapsucks35 likes this.
    08-26-2016 09:57 AM
    I stopped using screen protectors when I started buying the Costco Insurance Plan. The feel of the screen without a glass screen protector feels much better.....nice and smooth.... yes I said it.
    08-26-2016 02:24 PM
    I'm torn. While I want to use a tempered glass protector, it doesn't seem that there are any decent ones out right now. I'm ok with spending good money on one that fits well, but I don't want to test a bunch of cheap ones.

I considered a Zagg HD, but I need to feel one in person first. I haven't used a screen protector on my Note 5 at all and it's been fine. My 6s+ was also fine without one. Those two doing ok without one gives me even more pause.
    Staples has this new thing called Liquid Armor they apply it in store you literally can't tell it was there I thought I got ripped off and it's totally scratch proof lasts for one year no peeling no seams no sign it's even there feels better than new.
    08-26-2016 06:45 PM
    Staples has this new thing called Liquid Armor they apply it in store you literally can't tell it was there I thought I got ripped off and it's totally scratch proof lasts for one year no peeling no seams no sign it's even there feels better than new.
    This stuff is interesting and I may have to get some.Its been around for a long time, like 4 years. What I cant figure out though is if you do get scratches, are they on the coating or the actual screen? With screen protectors they limit the scratches to the protector but this stuff uses the glass to adhere so I assume it would scratch the screen. If that happens I wonder if applying more liquid armor would fill the scratch in.
    08-26-2016 07:31 PM
    This stuff is interesting and I may have to get some.Its been around for a long time, like 4 years. What I cant figure out though is if you do get scratches, are they on the coating or the actual screen? With screen protectors they limit the scratches to the protector but this stuff uses the glass to adhere so I assume it would scratch the screen. If that happens I wonder if applying more liquid armor would fill the scratch in.
    It's not new and I'm seeing mixed reviews of it at best. You also can't remove it.
    08-29-2016 08:39 PM
    I thought about not using a screen protector. But then my wife shows me a scratch on her screen. her phone bounces around in her purse with knives, pins, scissors (shes a florist). I got the 2 pack Skinomi. It's a messy install which I was sure I would have to redo the next day.The next day it looks great. I'm very careful with my phone but I'm glad there's something between the ground and the screen just in case.
    08-29-2016 09:16 PM
263 ... 56789 ...