07-15-2017 09:29 AM
263 ... 7891011
tools
    I'm using a Samsung Black Leather case on my s7 edge.

I've tried one Tempered Glass Screen Protector but as mentioned in other posts they are affixed by the top and bottom of the shield. Mine had a thin strip of adhesive along the edges.

However on using it it didn't feel a part of the phone and as some have said feels like it's floating.

For now I'll not use one.
    09-17-2016 02:02 AM
    I wish ZAGG or somebody would come out with one for both the front and back like they did in the old days
    They have one. Galaxy S7 Edge Screen Protector - HD Dry InvisibleShield | ZAGG. $30 from Zagg and from Verizon.

I slightly modified the front film to work with my Otterbox Commuter (and sometimes with a Spigen Neo-Hybrid Crystal). I trimmed 1-2mm from the top and bottom edges, and I've gone seven weeks now with no bubbling at the corners.
    09-17-2016 08:57 AM
    No need to use screen protector it has already scratch resistant,water proof, gorilla glass 4... Enjoy using naked device.
    10-04-2016 02:25 AM
    Once, a while ago I went without screen protection on my Note 2. The screen ended up with a scratch. It bothered me bad and I kicked myself for not having screen protection. I haven't had the courage to try that stunt again.

I have the Otterbox Alpha Glass on my S7e and I really like it. It's case friendly. Has good touch sensitivity and add this slight mirrored look to the screen. The top and bottom are black but it looks sharp to me on my solver phone.
    10-09-2016 02:27 AM
    I have owned dozens of digital cameras and maybe a dozen smartphones, going back to several Blackberry devices. I have never used screen protectors on any of them -- I've tried them a couple of times, and ripped them off within minutes each time. So long as you don't put anything else (especially coins!) in your pocket with your phone, you should be fine. I do, though, use the "flip" cases, preferring the S View flip cases. That's all the protection I need.
    yitzmich likes this.
    10-09-2016 09:39 PM
    I'm a firefighter. I have to have something on the screen. This is the one I'm using. Pretty happy with it.

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Screen Protector Case Friendly ArmorSuit Militaryshi | eBay
    10-09-2016 09:50 PM
    I don't have a screen protector on mine. I have. Good OtterBox case though
    10-10-2016 04:53 AM
    I've gone back and forth on protectors, but honestly, why bother with one on these curved screens?
    True. The salesman talked me into a screen protector when I bought my S7E, and it promptly began to peel up at the curved edges. Once that happens and dirt gets underneath, it's done. I had to take an exacto knife to it and trim off the overlap, which worked but looked terrible, so off it came.
    10-11-2016 11:57 PM
    No screen protector on my GS7e

But, I do have it in the Samsung S-view flip case... Love these things, used one on my Note 4 too... Makes it easy to hold, flips around out of the way, and doesn't block the rear camera.

The S-view features like the quick, one swipe camera button and call answer/reject buttons are also useful.

I've tried various screen protectors, and I hate em all...
    So, I roll naked with insurance. ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿค“
    zmann likes this.
    10-12-2016 04:14 PM
    I always used glass protectors but resigned myself to not have a protector for my Note 7. Now that I am used to a naked front I will not be getting a protector for the 7edge.
    10-12-2016 09:09 PM
    Right now I'm using the built in screen protector on my Otterbox Defender case.
    10-12-2016 10:17 PM
    No screen protector or case. I'm waiting for the mophie case to come out though ๐Ÿ™ƒ

I used one and my phone dropped and cracked to all hell..it won't protect it
    11-08-2016 03:37 PM
    I took off my screen protector this morning. I wonder how soon I'll have scratches. The clarity of the screen is indeed better w/out it though.

EDIT: I just can't do it. I can't enjoy the phone knowing I didn't have the screen protected trying to be cute. So I ordered this:

...hope its decent.
    11-11-2016 11:13 AM
    keep us posted!
    11-11-2016 03:26 PM
    I hate screen protectors, I've had them all from generic ones that come with Cases to Martin Fields etc... over the years.

The last time I happily used a screen protector was when I was using Non-Touchscreen Nokias.
    DEman19901 likes this.
    11-11-2016 03:41 PM
    I have been, but I am using a very rugged case. Just tried to apply a Armorsuit screen protector and it is in the trash now.
    11-12-2016 04:56 PM
    I think that the screen protector for smartphones has become a huge scam. Just my opinion.
    clintw22 and DEman19901 like this.
    11-12-2016 05:03 PM
    I took off my screen protector this morning. I wonder how soon I'll have scratches. The clarity of the screen is indeed better w/out it though.

EDIT: I just can't do it. I can't enjoy the phone knowing I didn't have the screen protected trying to be cute. So I ordered this:
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...319f44f8d6.jpg

...hope its decent.
    I'm very very happy with this one. So glad I found it. It doesn't impact touch sensitivity and I really like the way it looks. Very case friendly (at least with my Tech 21).

Very satisfied.
    johnriii likes this.
    11-12-2016 05:08 PM
    I think that the screen protector for smartphones has become a huge scam. Just my opinion.
    I can say from experience that it hasn't. I have replaced the tempered glass protector on my old Nexus 5 at least twice. The first one had such a bad crack down the center that it folded off. Thankfully, the costs have dropped, but I would much rather be safe than sorry
    11-13-2016 06:22 AM
    I can say from experience that it hasn't. I have replaced the tempered glass protector on my old Nexus 5 at least twice. The first one had such a bad crack down the center that it folded off. Thankfully, the costs have dropped, but I would much rather be safe than sorry
    That's fine if you have had that experience. But just because your screen protector cracked doesn't mean the screen on your smartphone would have. I have never cracked or severely scratched a smartphone screen but I have cracked or damaged a screen protector.
    anon(9408097) and DEman19901 like this.
    11-13-2016 06:27 AM
    I have seen the screen protector threads but I am curious who on here will use their phones without a screen protector? I waffle with every new phone.

I currently have a Zagg HD waiting for when the phone arrives but am thinking about returning it and going without one all together. Anyone else?

I will be using a case as I always do but this time around I might go without the screen protection.
    Since my original moto Droid, I've never used a protector. No scratches, no issues.
    DEman19901 likes this.
    11-16-2016 07:17 AM
    I don't use a screen protector. My personal opinion is that the screen is more scratch resistant than the protector so I would rather feel the glass than put a piece of plastic over it that will get worn and degrade and look and feel rubbish. I have shattered my s7 edge screen from a fall which I don't belive for one minute a screen protecter would have helped with
    11-16-2016 07:36 AM
    I have tempered glass screen protector. This is the second one I use. The first protector cracked after the phone fell on the floor, but the phone itself escaped unharmed.
    11-16-2016 08:45 AM
    I've never used a screen protector. I've never gotten a scratch that I've noticed. I figure the screen is harder than almost anything it'll come in contact with so I never worry about it.
    11-16-2016 11:40 AM
    Screen protectors ruin the look and feel of the awesome screens on these devices. I've never used a screen protector on any device I've ever owned and have had no problems yet.
    thecomicbookandme likes this.
    11-16-2016 12:51 PM
263 ... 7891011