Who is using their S7 Edge without screen protection????

AnteroJ

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
At first I didn't have screen protector on my S4. Then the phone fell once and the screen broke. I got it fixed and bought a protector just because I wanted to sell the S4 for someone later. Now I pre-ordered the S7 Edge and will sell the S4 to my dad. Now he'll get the 0% scratched screen. :)

So if you're going to sell your phone later, use screen protectors!

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't get why people use screen protectors, these aren't plastic screens like the old flip phones had lol, I just don't get it........

Because glass scratches and cracks. In my experience (4 to be exact), tempered glass works and is barely noticeable.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
No front screen protector for me. I will have one on the rear though. I found it to work good on my S6 edge from keeping it floating off the wireless charger. It creates some friction to prevent that. Since it'll be clear on glass, won't even know it's there.

Dena Ahmed

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
not sure about the origional but on my Note 4 I had a glass which ended up shattering (no scratch on the actual screen thank god) I switched to the HDX which was amazing even with my million drops, kind of wish they had that for the s7 edge.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I have never used Zagg before until our HTC M8 and M9 we got the glass and haven't looked back our favorite. But since it's not being made I am considering the HD but have never used the original so not sure the differences. But Zagg emailed me and said yes they will be making the glass but it will be 2-3 weeks or longer before it's out. So do I just do the Zagg original until then or splurge and get the HD in case the glass doesn't come out. How much better is the HD I wonder too?

Can anyone say if a ZAGG HD is worth the increase in price from a ZAGG Original?

Liquid_Chaos87

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I always used a screen protector. These days, if it's tempered glass, I will put it on. Anything else? No. I have a nice scratch on the tempered glass that's on my S6 right now, don't know how it happened, but I'm glad it's not the screen. **** happens.

With the S7e, I have a protector on order, but not sure what to expect though.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm torn. While I want to use a tempered glass protector, it doesn't seem that there are any decent ones out right now. I'm ok with spending good money on one that fits well, but I don't want to test a bunch of cheap ones.

I considered a Zagg HD, but I need to feel one in person first. I haven't used a screen protector on my Note 5 at all and it's been fine. My 6s+ was also fine without one. Those two doing ok without one gives me even more pause.

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Using a Spigen Crystal screen protector like I have on my S6E. I head to the beach a lot and sand does not play nicely with anything from Corning.

skinnytoo2

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I never use screen protection. Why would you? I have the spigen ultra thin case and it fits famously. THIS IS BY FAR THE BEST PHONE THUS FAR!!

lafountain

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I never use screen protection. Why would you? I have the spigen ultra thin case and it fits famously. THIS IS BY FAR THE BEST PHONE THUS FAR!!

Seen two friends with tempered glass screen protectors have the protector break due to incidents and the screen was undamaged. Not saying the incidents absolutely would have broken the screen itself, but it definitely gives piece of mind to some.

optimummind

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I like using screen protectors - especially glass ones - for several reasons.

1.Protects my screen against accidental damages. I usually never drop my phone. However, after having a toddler in my life, it's a must. She once kicked my belt holster case & opened it, leading to my phone dropping on the hard floor. The glass protector cracked but not my phone screen. Screen protector saved the day.

2. Due to the work I do, my right thumb's underside is very rough. It has scratched phone screens before. The film protectors don't stand a chance of lasting even one week. So I use glass screen protectors.

3. It's good for resale value having a flawless screen. The buyer feels more assured & confidant.

4. I can dress up my phone by changing colors. See pic below for example.

rkkeller

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
I didn't order a SS yet, only a thin clear TPU case. I want to actually get the phone and see what it is like before ordering a lot of stuff.

I am still undecided, I have used SS and not used SS's in the past.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
What screen protector is that? So it's a red protector? That's Cool!

I like using screen protectors - especially glass ones - for several reasons.

1.Protects my screen against accidental damages. I usually never drop my phone. However, after having a toddler in my life, it's a must. She once kicked my belt holster case & opened it, leading to my phone dropping on the hard floor. The glass protector cracked but not my phone screen. Screen protector saved the day.

2. Due to the work I do, my right thumb's underside is very rough. It has scratched phone screens before. The film protectors don't stand a chance of lasting even one week. So I use glass screen protectors.

3. It's good for resale value having a flawless screen. The buyer feels more assured & confidant.

4. I can dress up my phone by changing colors. See pic below for example.

[url]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/optimummind/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20160227_141258.jpg[/URL]

Carlo Villa

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
When I first got my Note5 a co-worker told me " oh you shouldn't put a screen protector on it, the glass is strong in this phone"...

Well guess what within 2 days a found a tiny scratch in the middle of the screen, enough that I could actually feel it with my thumb, I was really pissed at myself for not getting a screen protector.

I had to deal with Verizon (which was totally absurd) but I was able to get a brand new phone.

I use Zagg HD glass and will never risk it again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon