Who is using their S7 Edge without screen protection????

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
I have gone through 5 Zagg HD protectors every time I put a case on it the edges curl a day or two later they bubble up.

I am now trying to decide to go without a case or to go with the screen unprotected

Same. After the 3rd one from Zagg I just decided to deal with it. I gotta have something on the screen. I don't want it scratched. Funny thing is this never happened with my S6 edge. I mean never. When I bought it the girl at T-Mobile put it on for me and it was in the entire time i owned the phone.

dm3ready

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm on my 4th Zagg HD... I finally found a DIY solution. After installing the screen protector, i took a straight razor and carefully and gently trimmed about 1/8 inch off the top and bottom of the screen protector...nothing on the sides. Do this very gently so you avoid etching the gorilla glass. So far, knock on wood, it has worked perfectly for over a month now. (note: the case i use is a very thin tpu from Spigen... I forget which model)

Thiscrapsucks35

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I have the silver S7E. It's the best looking phone I've ever seen or had. I keep it butt-booty-*** nekkid... bucket nekkid as Bernie Mac would say.

I understand why people want to protect their phones, but I simply acknowledge the cost of doing business without a case and make sure to be extra careful. It's worked out for me over the years.

monkeytailz

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I have had my S7 edge for a couple weeks now and have not been using a screen protector mainly because I couldn't decide on one after looking at so many reviews. No problems so far and the look of the screen is amazing! I don't want to cover it up!

brotherqwerty

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
I have always used a screen protector since back when I first got a 3G iphone and Zagg seemed to be the new thing.

Everything I have read about S7 Edge is not to use a screen protector. I watched maybe 15 scratch test videos on youtube.

I am fairly confident that I can go without one on this phone. It is day 4 of having the phone so only time will tell.

I did put on an otterbox commuter case though.

wirelessgal

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I stopped using screen protectors when I started buying the Costco Insurance Plan. The feel of the screen without a glass screen protector feels much better.....nice and smooth.... yes I said it. :)

Zquesti0nmark7

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
I'm torn. While I want to use a tempered glass protector, it doesn't seem that there are any decent ones out right now. I'm ok with spending good money on one that fits well, but I don't want to test a bunch of cheap ones.

I considered a Zagg HD, but I need to feel one in person first. I haven't used a screen protector on my Note 5 at all and it's been fine. My 6s+ was also fine without one. Those two doing ok without one gives me even more pause.

Staples has this new thing called Liquid Armor they apply it in store you literally can't tell it was there I thought I got ripped off and it's totally scratch proof lasts for one year no peeling no seams no sign it's even there feels better than new.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Staples has this new thing called Liquid Armor they apply it in store you literally can't tell it was there I thought I got ripped off and it's totally scratch proof lasts for one year no peeling no seams no sign it's even there feels better than new.

This stuff is interesting and I may have to get some.Its been around for a long time, like 4 years. What I cant figure out though is if you do get scratches, are they on the coating or the actual screen? With screen protectors they limit the scratches to the protector but this stuff uses the glass to adhere so I assume it would scratch the screen. If that happens I wonder if applying more liquid armor would fill the scratch in.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

This stuff is interesting and I may have to get some.Its been around for a long time, like 4 years. What I cant figure out though is if you do get scratches, are they on the coating or the actual screen? With screen protectors they limit the scratches to the protector but this stuff uses the glass to adhere so I assume it would scratch the screen. If that happens I wonder if applying more liquid armor would fill the scratch in.

It's not new and I'm seeing mixed reviews of it at best. You also can't remove it.

npunk42

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I thought about not using a screen protector. But then my wife shows me a scratch on her screen. her phone bounces around in her purse with knives, pins, scissors (shes a florist). I got the 2 pack Skinomi. It's a messy install which I was sure I would have to redo the next day.The next day it looks great. I'm very careful with my phone but I'm glad there's something between the ground and the screen just in case.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I just had the Zagg Kiosk at the mall replace my protector a couple weeks ago. Mine messed up right away with my Symmetry and they never would replace it until I got this bubble and finally I went back and a different person replaced it. Now I can't use my Symmetry it's lifting on the right corners. So I switched back to my S - Flip Cover. I also have a Spigen Slim Armor with a kickstand I don't really use but I sometimes when I am out and taking pictures I would rather have my Symmetry than the flip case. I got my 1st Zagg on my HTC One M8 tempered glass and got the same one for my M9 and loved them. Now I won't buy again it's awful!

I have gone through 5 Zagg HD protectors every time I put a case on it the edges curl a day or two later they bubble up.

I am now trying to decide to go without a case or to go with the screen unprotected

naturalguy

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone tried the otterbox defender for the s7 edge? It has a plastic screen protector built in. I've been wanting to try it but don't wanna drop the money on it to have it not work.

I have it and this Defender has the best fitting screen protector they have ever made, usually there is a gap and dust gets under there but this one fits great, no dust. One thing to keep in mind however is that some of the screen is harder to press near the curved edges but you do get used to it, I don't even notice it anymore.

drufranco

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
I tried a few cases and screen protectors when I first purchased. The glass one I had interfered with the responsiveness as stated by some other users.
I have always had some type of case or screen protector on all my previous phones.
This is my first time going without a screen protector or case. It has been about 3 months and I have no scratches on it and it looks as good as the day I purchased it.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm deciding whether to take my Zagg HD off or not cause I can't use my Symmetry case I'm using the S- Flip Cover for now but if I use my Symmetry I am constantly pushing down on the top and bottom corner. It's mostly on the right side. I want to get my husband the Defender he's always like that case but never used the protector since we used Zagg Glass on our last 2 HTC's. But I think on Amazon it didn't get that good of reviews last I looked. What cases do work good with the Zagg HD does anyone have a good combo that works?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair