Who is using their S7 Edge without screen protection????

BIG CAT 7

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I have seen the screen protector threads but I am curious who on here will use their phones without a screen protector? I waffle with every new phone.

I currently have a Zagg HD waiting for when the phone arrives but am thinking about returning it and going without one all together. Anyone else?

I will be using a case as I always do but this time around I might go without the screen protection.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I use all my phone's without screen protector and stopped using them from last couple of years. Same with my edge, feels so nice to every time to feel the glass instead of crap screen protectors.

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I would never use a screen protector on this or any other phone. I find them absurd. They look awful, they add to the bulk of the phone and I ca honestly say that I have never had so much as a scratch on the screens of my last six smart phones. Seems to me that if you avoid doing incredibly stupid things like placing the phone next to sharp shiny objects you will never have any problems. I would never use this phone without an ultra-thin case however. The risk of it slipping out of your hand 'naked' is far too great.

physicsguy

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Going naked screen with a slim case. I can't see covering that bright, beautiful screen. I always try to be super careful with my phones and I can honestly say I've never dropped a phone, ever. I know there's always a first time, but I'm taking that chance so i don't have put anything between my eyes and that screen.

osubass1

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
i've never used any screen protection or cases on any of my smartphones.

i currently have a launch day S6 edge that has never once had anything on it, and i don't plan to put anything on the S7 edge when it arrives.

BIG CAT 7

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Thinking this Zagg might be going back today....

I am usually very careful with my phones as well and just couldn't see the reason to cover this beautiful screen up..

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Never use a screen protector and don't plan on using it for my S7.

Although both S6's i had (original and replacement) were able to get a few minor scratches on the screen. Enough to annoy me, but i honestly don't know what i scratched it on. My phone is either on a surface face up, or in my pocket. Never once dropped it.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I've gone back and forth on protectors, but honestly, why bother with one on these curved screens?

Posted via the Android Central App

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I don't get why people use screen protectors, these aren't plastic screens like the old flip phones had lol, I just don't get it........

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I managed to scratch a few screens, so I've been using protectors for a while. That said: if I can't find a decent one for the S7 EDGE I'll just go naked on that one as well.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I've always used a screen protector to just for extra protection and started off using cheap plastic ones and then on our M8's we tried glass Zagg and loved it so we got the same for our M9's. Well of course now their not making the glass so I was going to get the Zagg HD. But maybe I'll not use one I am getting the Galaxy S7 edge S-View Flip Cover case hopefully but then I'll have a regular case too probably the commuter so I need to decide and see what my husband suggest.

rdrive41071

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
Don't have my S7 edge yet but like my other phones I have never had a screen protector and never will

Same here, hate screen protectors - and I never use a case, to me it would just ruin the sleek-thin look of the phone, I am always extra careful with all my phones and I pay for insurance if anything (knock on wood) bad would happen.

Jelly Belly

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Because glass scratches...

No it doesn't. People scratch glass. Glass on its own is perfectly fine.

If you could restrain yourself from scratching it then you could benefit by not having a bit of badly fitted air bubbled, dust encasing piece of plastic stuck to your nice phone.

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Actually I am fairly certain I can not physically scratch glass. I can put the phone in contact with things that can scratch it though. That is the point of the screen protector. To protect your phone on that occasion we do something stupid.

No one would intentionally scratch their phone, but we all so stupid things on occasion.

If you have bubbles under the protector then you need to first give a crap about how it is put on.

Posted via the Android Central App

rdrive41071

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
Because glass scratches...

I have had my S5 for 2 years and not one tiny scratch on it- still looks brand new. I never put my phone in danger - never have other objects in the same pocket as my phone - designated area for charging at home and on my desk at work, phone holder in my car, just a few examples of how careful I am, although accident's can happen I have only damaged one phone and that fell in a pool which now with the s7 I no longer have to worry about.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
No it doesn't. People scratch glass. Glass on its own is perfectly fine.

If you could restrain yourself from scratching it then you could benefit by not having a bit of badly fitted air bubbled, dust encasing piece of plastic stuck to your nice phone.

I try to restrain myself from scratching the glass... Yet it gets scratched anyway... Because accidents happen.

Just because some can't install screen protectors properly doesn't mean that everyone does. My tempered glass screen protector on my note 5 has zero air bubbles and zero halo. And I paid just a buck for it. It is certainly worth it for me.

I will certainly be getting a screen protector for my s7 edge

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown