Disabling lookout security on Samsung s7 edge

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
First thing I do when getting a new phone is to disable or Uninstall any Anti-virus or task/memory manage app. In simple words, no need to use any task or memory management apps on Android, it does it itself when needed and Anti-virus are equally as aggressive and intrusive and uses a lot of your phone resources for it. If you stick to download only apps from the Play Store and don't go around using your phone's browser to download music or videos from the shady websites, you don't need that in your phone.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
It's possible that to be able to uninstall or disable Lookout you'll need to uncheck it first in settings - security - device administrators.

RevLauren

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Although I find most anti-virus software annoying and resource-hogging (looking at you, AVG and McAfee) , I've used Lookout for quite a while, on different phones. It does things besides monitor for threats. One added feature to the pro version is that it can create a basic VPN. If I am in Starbucks for example, the Starbucks app naturally wants me to log on to free WiFi. My Note 5 detects an insecure, unencrypted network, and Lookout defaults my device to a VPN connection. Makes me feel a lot more more secure.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante