So what's up with Google Now On Tap?

Mason Sell

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I know that with Now on Tap you would normally press and hold the home button on the on-screen buttons. Since the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge have physical home buttons, how do you use Now on Tap? I am excited to get my S7 Edge, but I have no idea what the deal is with Now on Tap. Anyone know what's the deal?

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Works the same way .. Hold down home button and brings up now on tap. See screenshot from my s7 edge. If you click the G icon in the bottom it will bring up Google now.

uploadfromtaptalk1456967870238.jpg

Mason Sell

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Oh, niceeeee. I cannot wait to get mine. I am upgrading through Jump On Demand though so I have to wait until it comes out. How is day-to-day use regarding battery life and just generally living with the edge display?

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Oh, niceeeee. I cannot wait to get mine. I am upgrading through Jump On Demand though so I have to wait until it comes out. How is day-to-day use regarding battery life and just generally living with the edge display?
It's fine no complains, battery life gets thru the work day and I'm not one of those guys getting 6-7 hours SOT lol. I keep all settings turned on, push emails, apps sync, connected to gear S2, always on display turned on. With all those still gets thru work day and may have to reach for the charge around 8 to 9 PM. Obviously everyone's usage, apps, set up, network is different and battery life won't be same. All I can say is battery life is not a concern for this device.

As far as the edge features, I don't use them much though the night clock is cool :) ... I got the edge over S7 just for the bigger battery size. Some frustration with the edge is in constantly triggering some touch targets on the screen because there is no easy way to hold the phone.

Mason Sell

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Yeah it sounds like you're quite the power user. The galaxy s6 would have to be charged 3 times to maybe make it to the night haha. I could probably get 2 days out of this phone.

I was a little concerned that it would be easy to accidently tap things due to the edge. Don't really expect to use the edge features much either (though some of them are cool), but the battery size is a huge draw for me. I like the regular S7, though due to the battery size, I am doubting the battery life will be as good as the s7 edge