Hello everyone,
    I'm having an issue with my S7 at home which I am trying to resolve. Currently I can't download apps on Google Play or watch youtube videos. I'm able to connect to my network and surf the web without any issue, this seems to apply to google apps only. There are a couple of interesting points. Using my older xperia z3, I have no issue on my home wifi when using the same google apps. Also, I've gone through a lot of troubleshooting ad nauseam, including deleting data and cache from google apps, resetting app preferences, removing and re adding my google account to my phone, talking with google, t-mobile, resetting the router and phone etc. On other wifi networks, I dont have an issue at all. I think my router isnt playing nice with my new phone... what else could it be? I got a high-end netgear router/modem a few months ago for $200 and I'm only now encountering an issue. Should I buy another router and try that out? Any suggestions are appreciated, I would be extremely happy if I can get this issue resolved.

Thanks!
    03-02-2016 07:57 PM
    Hello everyone,
    I'm having an issue with my S7 at home which I am trying to resolve. Currently I can't download apps on Google Play or watch youtube videos. I'm able to connect to my network and surf the web without any issue, this seems to apply to google apps only. There are a couple of interesting points. Using my older xperia z3, I have no issue on my home wifi when using the same google apps. Also, I've gone through a lot of troubleshooting ad nauseam, including deleting data and cache from google apps, resetting app preferences, removing and re adding my google account to my phone, talking with google, t-mobile, resetting the router and phone etc. On other wifi networks, I dont have an issue at all. I think my router isnt playing nice with my new phone... what else could it be? I got a high-end netgear router/modem a few months ago for $200 and I'm only now encountering an issue. Should I buy another router and try that out? Any suggestions are appreciated, I would be extremely happy if I can get this issue resolved.

Thanks!
    Welcome to Android Central!

Try changing the network security on you router. Try turning it to none and see what happens.
    03-02-2016 08:16 PM
    Just sign out of google and re sign in. Reboot, then you'll be good to go.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-05-2016 05:43 PM
    Force your router to use only IPv4 and not IPv6, it seems to have caused some issues similar to yours in the past.
    jackieoh2 and Garwalker like this.
    03-05-2016 05:48 PM
    Just sign out of google and re sign in. Reboot, then you'll be good to go.

Posted via the Android Central App
    And if that doesn't work, remove the app data for Google play and empty the cache. I've seen this happening before after switching devices
    03-05-2016 08:46 PM
    I spent hours trying to resolve this issue. I thought my new S7 Edge was a lemon. Thank you so much for posting the solution regarding disabling the IPv6 in the router. My phone rocks now! And I can sleep now. :-)
    erasat and Garwalker like this.
    03-11-2016 11:03 PM
    I've been on the phone with support, visited the ATT store and gone to so many sites trying to figure out this same issue. I almost took my phone back and went back to an iPhone.

I have a Uverse router and removing the IP6 fixed the issue. Thanks so much Erasat.

Force your router to use only IPv4 and not IPv6, it seems to have caused some issues similar to yours in the past.
    03-22-2016 09:56 AM
    I've been on the phone with support, visited the ATT store and gone to so many sites trying to figure out this same issue. I almost took my phone back and went back to an iPhone.

I have a Uverse router and removing the IP6 fixed the issue. Thanks so much Erasat.
    No problem, I'm glad you got it fixed.
    03-22-2016 10:14 AM
    Confirming the issue is with the wifi router supporting IPV6. You must go into the router and turn off IPV6 support then forget the wifi network on the phone, and reboot. Then reconnect and it should work. More detail here.
    03-28-2016 08:31 PM
    I FOUND A FIX FINALLY from the ATT forums. I unchecked the enhanced 4G LTE in settings under mobile data. I have no clue what it means but finally I can watch Youtube and listen to Pandora on this new phone!
    cosmic_phil and emgo-droid like this.
    04-02-2016 10:34 PM
    I've been plagued by this issue since I got this phone. I have tried everything and found a fix. I have T-Mobile.

My router is a Belkin. Comcast is our ISP. I went into IPv6 connection tab on the Belkin and changed it to: 6to4 tunnel (instead of the default setting)

I jumped for joy when I checked to see if it could d/l apps, update apps and play YT videos - and it DID!

If your set up is similar to mine, try that and see if it works.

Maria

*Update. The above fix only worked for 3 days unfortunately. I am back to having WiFi issues again with this phone. I'm so excited about it..............*

**Update #2. Tried a suggestion to use the 'guest' login on WiFi - and it works!

**Update #3. This ended up being an Android issue, not a Samsung one. There was an update a couple wks ago and my WiFi now works normally. I no longer have to use the guest mode.
    04-09-2016 11:07 PM
    I FOUND A FIX FINALLY from the ATT forums. I unchecked the enhanced 4G LTE in settings under mobile data. I have no clue what it means but finally I can watch Youtube and listen to Pandora on this new phone!
    This was the fix for me, spot on!
    06-27-2016 04:00 PM
    Frustrating issue for sure.I went into Applications and uninstalled last update from both "YouTube and Play Store" and everything working fine now
    08-01-2016 03:04 AM
    How do you turn off ipv6 i have been trying for hours
    12-04-2016 02:45 PM
    I would also like to share what worked for me.
    Initially Samsung S7 Edge wouldn't connect to Wi-Fi via D-link DIR-320 router: it detected the network, but made no attempts to connect, or when forced to connect manually, nothing happened. A dozen other devices in the household were working with this router seamelessly.
    Updating firmware to the latest official version, or using alternative versions DID NOT work.

After experimenting with settings a bit, I discovered that these ones worked!
    Particularly, changing WPA2 to WPA-Auto-Personal, and TKIP + AES to TKIP.

S7 Edge issues with Home Wifi and Youtube / Google Play, can I get some help?-.jpg

Hope this saves someone the hours I spent in frustration, Google, and trial & error
    07-30-2017 06:26 AM