How To Root The Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: How To Root The Samsung Galaxy S7

Is this good for all variants?

Excellent question dpham00... dunno! ;)

Unlike chainfire's CF-Auto-Root, this is not a rooting kernel but appears to use a system exploit.

AT&T and Verizon, as they have with the Galaxy S4,S5 and S6, might make their models unrootable.

Jelly Belly

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
My S7 Edge is factory unlocked as it's from the Samsung site. Will this mean that any roots are more likely to work on this one as opposed to one locked to a carrier?

I've only ever rooted a Note 3 once and that worked fine.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
My S7 Edge is factory unlocked as it's from the Samsung site. Will this mean that any roots are more likely to work on this one as opposed to one locked to a carrier?

You will have a better chance.

That link in OP is a joke. No root methods currently work.

Captpt

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I used to root and run custom roms on my old Galaxy S3 & 4 but once I bought my Note 4 I never found it was needed. To me other then to get rid of all the carrier junkware Android's OS has matured enough that tweaks to help battery life and such was no longer needed.. IMO

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Best reason to root now is for status bar tweaks, titanium backup and lowering the DPI. (In no particular order)

brava27

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site

No. That's ridiculous. You have the same chance of rooting an unlocked device or locked. Doesn't matter whatsoever.
I've been rooting since 2012, every galaxy phone too.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
No. That's ridiculous. You have the same chance of rooting an unlocked device or locked. Doesn't matter whatsoever.
I've been rooting since 2012, every galaxy phone too.

that's not necessarily true. verizon and at&t samsung phones have been significantly harder to root compared to tmobile's phones. the variant can make a difference.

brava27

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
that's not necessarily true. verizon and at&t samsung phones have been significantly harder to root compared to tmobile's phones. the variant can make a difference.
Oh yes. That is very true. I come from Canada and thankfully none of the variants ever have a locked bootloader. AT&T is the worst I hear.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
Oh yes. That is very true. I come from Canada and thankfully none of the variants ever have a locked bootloader. AT&T is the worst I hear.

ya, i think it's a toss up between at&t and verizon, but the past few phones of theirs have been basically impossible to root or unlock the bootloader.

that being said, root has been less important for me lately.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34