How To Root The Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm still trying to find a stable root process for my Note 5. I've tried two of the different kernels out there and both of them cause my Note 5 to randomly reboot, especially during phone calls.

Friday night, I decided to try a custom ROM to see if I would have better luck. Nope. It's only been about six hours since I installed that ROM and my phone rebooted once on it's own already.

I never had this problem with rooting my Note 4 and Note Edge.

I root my phones mostly so I can block ads system wide including ads in apps. I know Adguard does this without root but then it installs an icon in the status bar that you can't get rid of plus a card that never goes away in the notification pane. I'm willing to put up with that for a stable phone that does not reboot during a phone call.

I won't even consider rooting my S7 Edge for a very long time after this, if ever.

shadow01505

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I know Adguard does this without root but then it installs an icon in the status bar that you can't get rid of plus a card that never goes away in the notification pane. I'm willing to put up with that for a stable phone that does not reboot during a phone call.

There is an application in the playstore called "Notification Manager" it will fix notification issues in the status bar and on the quickview page.

Last edited:

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Iam loving samsung pay too much to consider rooting my s7e .... until android n comes out then maybe I will.

Now the T-Mobile and Sprint S7/S7 Edge models have locked boot loaders. There won't be a root if ever at least in the traditional ways of the past.

They will have to go looking for vulnerabilities in the same way jailbreakers do to jailbreak an iPhone. This means that if the do find a way to root, it will always be patched in the next OS update just like Apple.

Also, I have my Note 5 rooted. A few days ago, I restored back to stock and Samsung Pay still told me that it could not be used because my phone had been altered in an unauthorized manner. So it looks like once you root, Samsung Pay is unable to ever run again even after going back to stock.

http://www.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s7-bootloader-lock-explained-you-might-not-get-aosp-after-all/

rkkeller

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
I don't plan to root for awhile, if I even can, as there are probably going to be a few patches and fixes coming very soon. I know one is already out for the Edge.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
The tutorial is too complicated for common users.Still looking for some simple solutions.

Of course it is now. What they are doing there is not meant for everyday users like most of us on here. Right now they are seeing what works and figuring out what doesn't and that takes time. A few people there say they got it working so there's hope.

steveedmund

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, once Knox is tripped there is no going back.
I personally never use Samsung Pay because I'm an American living in Kuwait and Samsung uses the KD for transactions and I prefer using USD, which Google Play Store still does.
I'm with you tho, I've rooted every device I've ever had going back to the OG Moto Droid but I probably won't bother with the S7 Edge.

tad mahler

Dec 8, 2017
Visit site
use the engineer boot tar.........Nougat_S7_Root_2_82_All_Carriers_V1 (1).zip
google that zip and make sure the tar,md5 file says s7edge. ive been rooted for 9 months, and make sure youre 7.0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol