12-08-2017 04:00 PM
36 12
tools
    The xda-developers forum is offering this method...

Root The Galaxy S7 With Kingo Root

(Use at your own risk. This is for competent users. I have not personally tried this method.)
    dpham00 likes this.
    03-03-2016 06:47 AM
    Is this good for all variants?
    ironass likes this.
    03-03-2016 06:52 AM
    Is this good for all variants?
    Excellent question dpham00... dunno!

Unlike chainfire's CF-Auto-Root, this is not a rooting kernel but appears to use a system exploit.

AT&T and Verizon, as they have with the Galaxy S4,S5 and S6, might make their models unrootable.
    03-03-2016 07:28 AM
    The xda-developers forum is offering this method...

Root The Galaxy S7 With Kingo Root

(Use at your own risk. This is for competent users. I have not personally tried this method.)
    Confirmed not working. Don't bother.
    Beautiful87 likes this.
    03-03-2016 08:46 AM
    Confirmed not working. Don't bother.
    On which variant?
    03-03-2016 09:02 AM
    On which variant?
    All of them. There's a thread on xda about it.
    03-03-2016 09:03 AM
    Ah ok.
    03-03-2016 11:31 AM
    Have you got a link for that thread please.
    03-03-2016 12:07 PM
    Have you got a link for that thread please.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=3327591
    ironass likes this.
    03-03-2016 12:11 PM
    My S7 Edge is factory unlocked as it's from the Samsung site. Will this mean that any roots are more likely to work on this one as opposed to one locked to a carrier?

I've only ever rooted a Note 3 once and that worked fine.
    03-03-2016 02:21 PM
    My S7 Edge is factory unlocked as it's from the Samsung site. Will this mean that any roots are more likely to work on this one as opposed to one locked to a carrier?

Yes.
    03-03-2016 02:35 PM
    I cant even download it
    03-04-2016 07:42 PM
    Not gonna lie, I lol'd at the OP's edit from that thread.
    03-04-2016 07:45 PM

You will have a better chance.

That link in OP is a joke. No root methods currently work.
    03-04-2016 08:51 PM
    I used to root and run custom roms on my old Galaxy S3 & 4 but once I bought my Note 4 I never found it was needed. To me other then to get rid of all the carrier junkware Android's OS has matured enough that tweaks to help battery life and such was no longer needed.. IMO
    03-04-2016 09:08 PM
    Best reason to root now is for status bar tweaks, titanium backup and lowering the DPI. (In no particular order)
    03-04-2016 09:16 PM

No. That's ridiculous. You have the same chance of rooting an unlocked device or locked. Doesn't matter whatsoever.
    I've been rooting since 2012, every galaxy phone too.
    03-04-2016 09:32 PM
    No. That's ridiculous. You have the same chance of rooting an unlocked device or locked. Doesn't matter whatsoever.
    I've been rooting since 2012, every galaxy phone too.
    that's not necessarily true. verizon and at&t samsung phones have been significantly harder to root compared to tmobile's phones. the variant can make a difference.
    03-04-2016 11:50 PM
    that's not necessarily true. verizon and at&t samsung phones have been significantly harder to root compared to tmobile's phones. the variant can make a difference.
    Oh yes. That is very true. I come from Canada and thankfully none of the variants ever have a locked bootloader. AT&T is the worst I hear.
    03-04-2016 11:54 PM
    Oh yes. That is very true. I come from Canada and thankfully none of the variants ever have a locked bootloader. AT&T is the worst I hear.
    ya, i think it's a toss up between at&t and verizon, but the past few phones of theirs have been basically impossible to root or unlock the bootloader.

that being said, root has been less important for me lately.
    03-05-2016 04:26 AM
    I'm still trying to find a stable root process for my Note 5. I've tried two of the different kernels out there and both of them cause my Note 5 to randomly reboot, especially during phone calls.

Friday night, I decided to try a custom ROM to see if I would have better luck. Nope. It's only been about six hours since I installed that ROM and my phone rebooted once on it's own already.

I never had this problem with rooting my Note 4 and Note Edge.

I root my phones mostly so I can block ads system wide including ads in apps. I know Adguard does this without root but then it installs an icon in the status bar that you can't get rid of plus a card that never goes away in the notification pane. I'm willing to put up with that for a stable phone that does not reboot during a phone call.

I won't even consider rooting my S7 Edge for a very long time after this, if ever.
    Bruce T likes this.
    03-05-2016 05:00 AM
    I know Adguard does this without root but then it installs an icon in the status bar that you can't get rid of plus a card that never goes away in the notification pane. I'm willing to put up with that for a stable phone that does not reboot during a phone call.

There is an application in the playstore called "Notification Manager" it will fix notification issues in the status bar and on the quickview page.
    NexusGirlX likes this.
    03-10-2016 09:03 PM
    Iam loving samsung pay too much to consider rooting my s7e .... until android n comes out then maybe I will.
    03-13-2016 11:24 PM
    Iam loving samsung pay too much to consider rooting my s7e .... until android n comes out then maybe I will.
    Now the T-Mobile and Sprint S7/S7 Edge models have locked boot loaders. There won't be a root if ever at least in the traditional ways of the past.

They will have to go looking for vulnerabilities in the same way jailbreakers do to jailbreak an iPhone. This means that if the do find a way to root, it will always be patched in the next OS update just like Apple.

Also, I have my Note 5 rooted. A few days ago, I restored back to stock and Samsung Pay still told me that it could not be used because my phone had been altered in an unauthorized manner. So it looks like once you root, Samsung Pay is unable to ever run again even after going back to stock.

http://www.xda-developers.com/galaxy...osp-after-all/
    03-13-2016 11:29 PM
    There is an application in the playstore called "Notification Manager" it will fix notification issues in the status bar and on the quickview page.
    Thanks! I just installed it and it does work.

Edit: Doesn't appear to work with Adguard.
    03-14-2016 12:08 AM
36 12