Ok I'm coming from a Note 3 going to the S7 Edge. My question is about strength of the phone as I'm a 6'4" 300 lbs guy and I keep my current phone in my back pocket. I do try to remember to take it out when setting down but sometimes I can't or forget. Since this is my first edge just wondering how they hold up, to "stress".....

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-03-2016 07:29 AM
    You would be inviting disaster to sit on a phone which is in your back pocket.

That's not "stress," that's abuse.
    03-03-2016 07:34 AM
    Im a bug dude too. And I always put my phones in my back pocket. These phones have been tested thoroughly with an abundance of scenarios. I think we'll be good to go. No different from any other phone except the iphone 6 plus. I did bend that phone some.
    xocomaox likes this.
    03-03-2016 07:39 AM
    I fail to understand why people choose to put phones in their back pockets and take this risk. It's a glass screen... it isn't made to be repeatedly sat or shifted around on. Why not a front pocket?

I personally put keys and knife in one, phone in the other by itself, and wallet in the back.
    SR45 likes this.
    03-03-2016 07:43 AM
    I would advise against it. It would depend on the stresses put on the phone, but I would say that it would be possible to crack with enough stress at the right points.
    SR45 likes this.
    03-03-2016 07:44 AM
    I fail to understand why people choose to put phones in their back pockets and take this risk. It's a glass screen... it isn't made to be repeatedly sat or shifted around on. Why not a front pocket?

I personally put keys and knife in one, phone in the other by itself, and wallet in the back.
    Only put it in my back pocket when im walking. I rarely sit on my phone and when im at my office its on my desk. Minimum stress.
    03-03-2016 07:50 AM
    A number of issues with the bending with iPhones, so my advice is not doing so. Its your phone, but don't come running back here and complain if some thing goes bad.
    03-03-2016 07:57 AM
    Have been using a holster on my belt for ten years. Ya, I have read that it's not cool. Well, I am 67 and anybody who worries about cool has bigger problems. And one scratch on one phone in those ten years.
    03-03-2016 09:20 AM
    Somewhere I saw a bend test on the new Edge. It bent enough for the back glass to unseal, which probably ruined the waterproofing, but when the tester removed the force the phone straightened out and looked fine.

Here:

Start at about 2:10.

He says he wouldn't recommend putting it in a back pocket because it could compromise the water resistance, but "The phone is stronger than Donald Trump's hair" and "...is one of the strongest, most durable phones [he] has tested so far."
    03-04-2016 07:52 PM
    No smartphone will hold up to the stress of being sat on. And if it does, you only got lucky.
    03-04-2016 08:48 PM