I just got my S7 Edge today from T-Mobile and it is awesome except I am getting some awful static while using it with the aux jack in my car. My Note 5 sounds great and has no static at all, so I don't think it's an issue with the car. On the other hand, the S7 Edge sounds fine through my Harmon-Kardon ear buds.

Has anyone else had any issues with the headphone jack on their new units? Do you have any suggestions before I return it?
    03-03-2016 05:34 PM
    I have read of someone else having a similar problem. Don't think that there was a solution though.
    03-03-2016 05:36 PM
    I'm having the same problem... Just got the edge yesterday, and when I plug it in my radio with the aux jack all I get is loud static... No sound from the phone at all, just static, but it works with my docking station in my house.... Im going to return it since I don't know if it's the phone or my radio....
    03-12-2016 09:02 PM
    I'm having the same problem... Just got the edge yesterday, and when I plug it in my radio with the aux jack all I get is loud static... No sound from the phone at all, just static, but it works with my docking station in my house.... Im going to return it since I don't know if it's the phone or my radio....
    You aren't alone...

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-12-2016 09:03 PM
    Is my radio too old?
    03-12-2016 09:07 PM
    So I found a cheap and easy solution for this! It seems that when I insert a simple headphone splitter between the Aux cord and the stereo it takes away all of the static. There seems to be some sort of electrical feedback that is causing the issue and the headphone splitter apparently absorbs it before reaching the phone.

So if you want to give it a go, it isn't ideal but it is a cheap and easy work around! Let me know if it works for you.

Posted via the Android Central App
    flintlock likes this.
    03-12-2016 09:10 PM
    Dam, That G5 is starting to look really good...lol
    03-12-2016 09:45 PM
    Hey i had this issue but after messing around for a little while i went into settings under the sounds and vibrations and went to sound quality and effects and turned on the uhq upscaler and the static was gone. Dont know if this will fix your issue but it solved mine.
    mariusfilip likes this.
    03-14-2016 06:15 PM
    Hey i had this issue but after messing around for a little while i went into settings under the sounds and vibrations and went to sound quality and effects and turned on the uhq upscaler and the static was gone. Dont know if this will fix your issue but it solved mine.
    Thanks! This solved the same issue on my new S7
    04-15-2016 03:12 PM
    This guy fixed my problem

05-12-2016 03:19 PM
    I cannot thank you enough! This worked for me instantly. Bless you!
    06-25-2016 11:36 PM
    Solved my issue. Thanks
    07-06-2016 12:56 PM
    Omg thank you!
    09-09-2016 08:34 AM
    Yes I think it's just the phone, I've had two phones that has done the same thing.
    11-10-2016 10:04 AM
    I use a Qi charging phone stand in my car and it does not produce static over the 3.5 port while charging.
    11-10-2016 10:55 AM
    Had the same issue, but I have a decent solution...

Go into settings/sound & vibration, then scroll down to audio quality, in there select "uhq upscaler".

This got rid of MOST of the static, while audio is actually playing. There is still statics when you have it plugged in, but nothing is playing tho.

ETA: haha... guess i jumped the gun here... I now see someone else already posted this
    11-10-2016 05:19 PM