03-04-2016 06:27 PM
40 12
tools
    Try downloading Greenify to see whether it helps with battery life?
    03-04-2016 08:26 AM
    I want to know about i messages too
    Use pushbullet, sms text or mighty text.
    03-04-2016 09:41 AM
    I'm probably going to make the switch too. Its good to spice things up once in a while
    JHStewart1023 likes this.
    03-04-2016 09:45 AM
    I agree on the battery. The only thing that is keeping me on my 6s+ is the battery. I leave bluetooth, gps, wifi and screen full max and it's nearly impossible to not get through a full day. I would have to try to kill it in a 24 hour period. Whenever I read these posts people throw out suggestions to dim the green, download apps to monitor battery, etc, etc. You shouldn't have to do any of that. I prefer android overall, but imessage and battery is extremely hard to give up.
    jdfry15 and JHStewart1023 like this.
    03-04-2016 09:47 AM
    I could be way off base here so you can correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't imagine the 6S+ is night and day better on battery than the S7 Edge. Not having either device (yet), I can't say with 100% certainty, but I'd imagine they perform very similar in battery tests, but real world usage probably allows the 6S+ to sneek ahead by an hour or two of usage.

Plus, the fast charging/fast wireless charging options can charge the battery faster on the S7 Edge and when you take that into account, the overall battery life has to at least equal out, if not push the S7 Edge ahead.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-04-2016 10:00 AM
    I agree on the battery. The only thing that is keeping me on my 6s+ is the battery. I leave bluetooth, gps, wifi and screen full max and it's nearly impossible to not get through a full day. I would have to try to kill it in a 24 hour period. Whenever I read these posts people throw out suggestions to dim the green, download apps to monitor battery, etc, etc. You shouldn't have to do any of that. I prefer android overall, but imessage and battery is extremely hard to give up.
    03-04-2016 11:08 AM
    I have the IPhone 6 Plus and switching to the edge hope to have it next week. Coming back to Android after being away a year can't wait
    03-04-2016 11:09 AM
    I made the switch from iPhone 6s plus too and I'm loving this phone!
    JHStewart1023 and crawfojj like this.
    03-04-2016 12:17 PM
    I got conflicting answers from Verizon. My question is, can I just swap the nano sim from my iPhone 6 Plus and install it into the S7 Edge, or do I need to use the sim that comes with the phone? I know that the iPhone NFC chip is internal, while some Android phones use the sim as it's NFC chip. Would be great if I could use the iPhone sim as that's already activated.
    03-04-2016 12:38 PM
    I got conflicting answers from Verizon. My question is, can I just swap the nano sim from my iPhone 6 Plus and install it into the S7 Edge, or do I need to use the sim that comes with the phone? I know that the iPhone NFC chip is internal, while some Android phones use the sim as it's NFC chip. Would be great if I could use the iPhone sim as that's already activated.
    You can use your current SIM.
    wxman2003 and Almeuit like this.
    03-04-2016 01:27 PM
    The iPhone was good on battery when I tested a iPhone 6 Plus but I could still drop it to low % at work. Usually before lunch. My usage isn't normal for most people though.
    03-04-2016 01:33 PM
    You can use your current SIM.
    Wildo is correct.
    wxman2003 likes this.
    03-04-2016 01:34 PM
    Also switching from 6s+. Definitely going to miss iMessage as most of my friends use it. Going to try google photos to share pics with the wife instead of iCloud. Those are the two things that have kept me on apple. That and Battery life.
    03-04-2016 03:41 PM
    I think the only thing(s) I'll miss from my 6s Plus is the quick updates and iMessage. There is very little else that iOS and Apple have on any top shelf Android phone. I think the S7 edge bests any iPhone in every single other smartphone category that's important to me.
    03-04-2016 06:24 PM
    I'm not the only one- once I heard they improved the edge function and they added expandable memory I decided to make the switch- so excited 😀
    03-04-2016 06:27 PM
40 12