Switched from iPhone 6S+ to S7 Edge

JAG21979

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
I wanted to give iOS users an idea what it's like switching to an S7 Edge. Coming from an iPhone 6S+ here's what I miss:

- iMessage
- Battery level icon for Bluetooth devices on the top notification row
- Battery life

These are about the only things I'm missing so far about the iPhone. I know some may feel the battery life is great on the S7 Edge, but for my moderate to heavy use the iP6s+ was a beast! The edge battery life is good, plus I love the fast & wireless charging, but it's not even close to the iPhone.

The S7 Edge blows away the iPhone in just about every other aspect in my opinion. The software has been a positive experience so far with the Samsung, to my surprise. The user experience is very polished and smooth. The only real issue I've had has been with the Samsung Apps, especially the Samsung Pay App, it took a while for it to install. I'm still running the phone through its paces, but I'm very impressed so far. IP6/6S users feel free to ask questions.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Marshmallow still doesn't show the battery level icon for Bluetooth devices? Gah. That's the one thing on my iPhone 6s Plus that I actually like.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Agree on battery life. Good for Android device but still doesn't beat my 6s plus in battery life for my usage and apps.

mustang8918

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
JAG21979, you may need to disable the apps that are preinstalled that you don't use and are probably running in the background without you knowing and that may help the battery life. I'm not a heavy user but I got my S7 edge yesterday before noon and charged it up to full, right now I'm at 50% and the only reason it is that low is because I used waze alot yesterday.

wxman2003

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Did you have any issues with messages, once you switched to Android? By that I mean did any of your friends that have iphones not get your messages, or you not getting their messages after switching?

wxman2003

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
JAG21979, you may need to disable the apps that are preinstalled that you don't use and are probably running in the background without you knowing and that may help the battery life. I'm not a heavy user but I got my S7 edge yesterday before noon and charged it up to full, right now I'm at 50% and the only reason it is that low is because I used waze alot yesterday.

I will be getting mine next week. I'm a noob, so how do you disable those apps?

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site

Totally unrelated, but is your avatar from Dragon Age: Inquisition? I love that game!

JAG21979

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
It's a simple but effective feature I really miss so far

Last edited:

mustang8918

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
wxman2003, I'm no expert but Settings/Applications/Application Manager and then click each app that you don't use and Force Stop and Disable each.

Techno-guy

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
Agree on battery life. Good for Android device but still doesn't beat my 6s plus in battery life for my usage and apps.

I use both the 6s Plus and the S7 edge and can't really disagree with you guys. The S7 edge has the best battery life of ANY Android phone I've ever used, by far, but it still seems to fall short of what Apple is doing. When I look at those battery stats on my S7, the Android system (and related processes) are just always chugging along and never resting. I'm not complaining about the S7 because it's everything my S6 edge wasn't, but even with that monster battery on the S7 edge, it seems Apple just does a better job keeping process operations and background Apps tamped down.

I've only had the S7 edge for 3 days and am VERY happy with it and am keeping my iPhone 6s Plus too (I always run two phones at once thanks to Google Voice) so it will be interesting to see how it plays out over time, for sure. That said, I'm really loving the S7 edge in so many ways!

JAG21979

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site

Thank you for the reminder, I will definitely do that

JAG21979

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Did you have any issues with messages, once you switched to Android? By that I mean did any of your friends that have iphones not get your messages, or you not getting their messages after switching?

I made sure to turn iMessage and FaceTime off, and then de-registered from iMessage as another poster posted below

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I use both the 6s Plus and the S7 edge and can't really disagree with you guys. The S7 edge has the best battery life of ANY Android phone I've ever used, by far, but it still seems to fall short of what Apple is doing. When I look at those battery stats on my S7, the Android system (and related processes) are just always chugging along and never resting. I'm not complaining about the S7 because it's everything my S6 edge wasn't, but even with that monster battery on the S7 edge, it seems Apple just does a better job keeping process operations and background Apps tamped down.

I've only had the S7 edge for 3 days and am VERY happy with it and am keeping my iPhone 6s Plus too (I always run two phones at once thanks to Google Voice) so it will be interesting to see how it plays out over time, for sure. That said, I'm really loving the S7 edge in so many ways!

Well keep in mind the difference between powering a 1440p display and powering a 1080p display. I'd imagine they'd be more equal if the iPhone was running a QHD display.

mustang8918

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
This is what I do every time I switch to Android and it takes a little time. I open settings and go through each selection from top to bottom. You'll be surprised the amount of stuff that's on that you will never use. Apple does a good job of taking care of those things for you but since android is an open system there are things that they expect you to do and most people either don't want to do them or don't think about it. Since apple takes care of these things it makes the operating system very easy to use and with android you have to do a little work. I personally like both operating systems which is why I move back and forth so much.