03-04-2016 06:27 PM
40 12
tools
    I wanted to give iOS users an idea what it's like switching to an S7 Edge. Coming from an iPhone 6S+ here's what I miss:

- iMessage
    - Battery level icon for Bluetooth devices on the top notification row
    - Battery life

These are about the only things I'm missing so far about the iPhone. I know some may feel the battery life is great on the S7 Edge, but for my moderate to heavy use the iP6s+ was a beast! The edge battery life is good, plus I love the fast & wireless charging, but it's not even close to the iPhone.

The S7 Edge blows away the iPhone in just about every other aspect in my opinion. The software has been a positive experience so far with the Samsung, to my surprise. The user experience is very polished and smooth. The only real issue I've had has been with the Samsung Apps, especially the Samsung Pay App, it took a while for it to install. I'm still running the phone through its paces, but I'm very impressed so far. IP6/6S users feel free to ask questions.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-03-2016 06:02 PM
    Thanks for sharing. Hopefully it can help some iphone users who want to switch
    03-03-2016 06:09 PM
    Marshmallow still doesn't show the battery level icon for Bluetooth devices? Gah. That's the one thing on my iPhone 6s Plus that I actually like.
    JAG21979 and MuchoAloha like this.
    03-03-2016 06:11 PM
    Agree on battery life. Good for Android device but still doesn't beat my 6s plus in battery life for my usage and apps.
    03-03-2016 06:13 PM
    JAG21979, you may need to disable the apps that are preinstalled that you don't use and are probably running in the background without you knowing and that may help the battery life. I'm not a heavy user but I got my S7 edge yesterday before noon and charged it up to full, right now I'm at 50% and the only reason it is that low is because I used waze alot yesterday.
    03-03-2016 06:14 PM
    Did you have any issues with messages, once you switched to Android? By that I mean did any of your friends that have iphones not get your messages, or you not getting their messages after switching?
    03-03-2016 06:18 PM
    JAG21979, you may need to disable the apps that are preinstalled that you don't use and are probably running in the background without you knowing and that may help the battery life. I'm not a heavy user but I got my S7 edge yesterday before noon and charged it up to full, right now I'm at 50% and the only reason it is that low is because I used waze alot yesterday.
    I will be getting mine next week. I'm a noob, so how do you disable those apps?
    03-03-2016 06:20 PM
    ..appreciate the post as I'll be making the jump as well..from an iPhone 6+ to the s7edge
    JHStewart1023 likes this.
    Totally unrelated, but is your avatar from Dragon Age: Inquisition? I love that game!
    It's a simple but effective feature I really miss so far

03-03-2016 06:23 PM
    I want to know about i messages too
    03-03-2016 06:25 PM
    wxman2003, I'm no expert but Settings/Applications/Application Manager and then click each app that you don't use and Force Stop and Disable each.
    03-03-2016 06:27 PM
    Retinella, yes it is. I found it a few days ago.Switched from iPhone 6S+ to S7 Edge-dragon-age-inquisition-game.jpg
    03-03-2016 06:29 PM
    iPhone users make sure to turn off iMessage and also deregister iMessage link below.

https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage
    03-03-2016 06:30 PM
    Agree on battery life. Good for Android device but still doesn't beat my 6s plus in battery life for my usage and apps.
    I use both the 6s Plus and the S7 edge and can't really disagree with you guys. The S7 edge has the best battery life of ANY Android phone I've ever used, by far, but it still seems to fall short of what Apple is doing. When I look at those battery stats on my S7, the Android system (and related processes) are just always chugging along and never resting. I'm not complaining about the S7 because it's everything my S6 edge wasn't, but even with that monster battery on the S7 edge, it seems Apple just does a better job keeping process operations and background Apps tamped down.

I've only had the S7 edge for 3 days and am VERY happy with it and am keeping my iPhone 6s Plus too (I always run two phones at once thanks to Google Voice) so it will be interesting to see how it plays out over time, for sure. That said, I'm really loving the S7 edge in so many ways!
    03-03-2016 06:38 PM
    Thank you for the reminder, I will definitely do that

03-03-2016 06:53 PM
    Did you have any issues with messages, once you switched to Android? By that I mean did any of your friends that have iphones not get your messages, or you not getting their messages after switching?
    I made sure to turn iMessage and FaceTime off, and then de-registered from iMessage as another poster posted below

03-03-2016 06:54 PM
    ..appreciate the post as I'll be making the jump as well..from an iPhone 6+ to the s7edge
    I think you'll enjoy all the Edge has to offer, it's a very refreshing switch...I especially enjoy the ergonomics

03-03-2016 06:56 PM
    I use both the 6s Plus and the S7 edge and can't really disagree with you guys. The S7 edge has the best battery life of ANY Android phone I've ever used, by far, but it still seems to fall short of what Apple is doing. When I look at those battery stats on my S7, the Android system (and related processes) are just always chugging along and never resting. I'm not complaining about the S7 because it's everything my S6 edge wasn't, but even with that monster battery on the S7 edge, it seems Apple just does a better job keeping process operations and background Apps tamped down.

I've only had the S7 edge for 3 days and am VERY happy with it and am keeping my iPhone 6s Plus too (I always run two phones at once thanks to Google Voice) so it will be interesting to see how it plays out over time, for sure. That said, I'm really loving the S7 edge in so many ways!
    Well keep in mind the difference between powering a 1440p display and powering a 1080p display. I'd imagine they'd be more equal if the iPhone was running a QHD display.

mc4nam likes this.
    03-03-2016 06:58 PM
    This is what I do every time I switch to Android and it takes a little time. I open settings and go through each selection from top to bottom. You'll be surprised the amount of stuff that's on that you will never use. Apple does a good job of taking care of those things for you but since android is an open system there are things that they expect you to do and most people either don't want to do them or don't think about it. Since apple takes care of these things it makes the operating system very easy to use and with android you have to do a little work. I personally like both operating systems which is why I move back and forth so much.
    Techno-guy likes this.
    03-03-2016 07:27 PM
    I swap a lot and my experience with imessage has been fine after turning it, facetime, and icloud off. Some of my friends have had issues with group messages though. It seems to fix those all your contacts that you are in a group message with and have iphones need to delete those group texts. If one person keeps it going you may keep missing texts in the group.
    mustang8918 likes this.
    03-03-2016 07:48 PM
    I think screen resolution has something to do with battery life, but I think better software and hardware integration is what helps the iPhone have better battery life...and you can't beat iOS' standby time.

03-04-2016 07:58 AM
    Well keep in mind the difference between powering a 1440p display and powering a 1080p display. I'd imagine they'd be more equal if the iPhone was running a QHD display.

Very fair point, for sure. I also think Apple is still better at shutting down background activities because of their more locked down system, but Android is definitely catching up and Marshmallow is a considerable improvement.
    03-04-2016 08:00 AM
    Very fair point, for sure. I also think Apple is still better at shutting down background activities because of their more locked down system, but Android is definitely catching up and Marshmallow is a considerable improvement.
    No doubt that iOS is more refined at this point. I'm one of those Android guys that can actually stand using an iPhone. That said, when you put a monster like the S7 Edge in front of me and make me choose, the choice is clear.

Techno-guy likes this.
    03-04-2016 08:15 AM
    They're definitely better at shutting stuff down - I've opened one app, backed out to the home screen, did nothing and immediately went back to that app and it refreshed. I have a 6s Plus and feel like it is a dumb smartphone. I'll gladly sacrifice some battery life (why does it matter if I go to bed with 40% or 30%? I'm still going to charge them at night) for some additional improvements everywhere else.
    03-04-2016 08:19 AM
40 12