07-24-2017 02:50 AM
106 ... 2345
tools
    But didn't you just admit in the past they have been unclear? Excuse me but if I buy an expensive new phone and I'm not clear about its water protection.
    Ill
    A = look it up
    B= avoid water
    As its water resistance it usually just means splash resistance , meaning a few droplets if rain.
    Some wrist watches are like this, only splash resistance, the water proof ones specify 50 m water proof. I hope thus clarifies to anyone else reading this, if you lose a mobile and personal data ur can be very inconvenient and upsetting , if you had irreplaceable photos
    06-27-2016 11:00 AM
    Samsung has always been clear about the IP rating of the phone and it's water resistance, the trouble is there are so many ways that can increase the water pressure beyond its rating. Eg water pressure out of a tap, jumping into water etc.
    06-27-2016 11:42 AM
    Long story short I got a S7 edge in on June 1st, smashed the screen on the 4th of the same month. I had insurance and got my replacement yesterday. I was excited to finally be able to use its water resistant features. So I placed it in a baking pan with less than an inch of water in it. I marveled at it for no more than 90 sec and took it out. I dried it thoroughly and let the charge port and speak air dry for well over an 2 hours. Everything was fine. I loved it. Many many hours later around 1am I had plugged my phone in to charge and went to bed.

In the morning I checked my phone and the display was flickering wildly and the all the colors are washed out and yellow tinted. And both cameras had excessive fog on the inside of the lenses. The water trip sensor is also untouched. I talked to the insurance company and they are replacing it under warranty. I cannot see why the little I put it through would damage the device so badly.
    (edit) Phone is completely dead now. The display only shows a fuzzy green color, completely unusable.
    06-28-2016 10:59 AM
    Ummmmmm for ....... " shower selfies " ??

Granted not under a strong stream of water but hmmmm you get the picture no wink wink ??
    Please upload "shower selfies" jk
    06-28-2016 01:28 PM
    Phone's brand new covered with warranty so use it at maximum. Take it to pools, lakes or even sea make videos take pictures, to quickly dry put it infront of blow heater or hair dryer or radiator. And if it breaks or dont work proper TAKE IT BACK TO SAMSUNG. They will happily replace it for free.
    I used my s7 in d pool d other day and theres water logging in d front camera. Samsung says that water logging is not covered under warranty.
    07-13-2016 01:18 PM
    The main reason I got this phone after a lifetime of using iPhones, is because of the water resistant display in the AT&T store. The phone is in a plexiglass cube of water that goes up and down up and down and still has a working screen. Having lost my iPhone 6 to my swimming pool, it seemed a good move at the time. I find the commercial misleading, as well, as it shows these guys pouring champagne on the phone and dropping it into a fish aquarium. The time I used my phone near water, I could not charge it for 2 days. I kept getting that moisture detected error message. I find this phone to be falsely advertised. I have ordered one of those waterproof bags on Amazon and we'll keep the phone in it from now on when I am anywhere near water. This is such a disappointment.
    07-13-2016 05:30 PM
    So i just signed up to share my experience.
    I tried to record a video under water (1 foot depth, 15s duration), on my s7 while it had front/back protectors and full body protection through a cover which had audio jack and usb port plugs as well, phone still got damaged as back and recent apps capacitive buttons have started malfunctioning and phone behaves as if both are constantly pressed...
    I can safely say the pressure and time were both within limits of IP68 but the phone still couldn't handle it
    07-25-2016 01:57 AM
    The main reason I got this phone after a lifetime of using iPhones, is because of the water resistant display in the AT&T store. The phone is in a plexiglass cube of water that goes up and down up and down and still has a working screen. Having lost my iPhone 6 to my swimming pool, it seemed a good move at the time. I find the commercial misleading, as well, as it shows these guys pouring champagne on the phone and dropping it into a fish aquarium. The time I used my phone near water, I could not charge it for 2 days. I kept getting that moisture detected error message. I find this phone to be falsely advertised. I have ordered one of those waterproof bags on Amazon and we'll keep the phone in it from now on when I am anywhere near water. This is such a disappointment.
    Uh, so you're complaining about a safety feature? If it detected moisture still in the port and it allowed you to charge, you do know the phone will fry right?
    08-13-2016 06:51 AM
    I've used my S7 underwater in a pool 3 times. The speaker takes several hours to dry out and work properly afterwards, but otherwise I've had no issues. It certainly adds to the fun, and I'm glad I bought this phone.

But after reading some of these stories, I'm starting to have second thoughts about using it in the pool again. Hmm ...
    08-15-2016 11:37 PM

Here's my S7 Edge surviving a full day at the water park. In and out of the lazy river/fast river and the wave pool (shown here) capturing my daughter underwater.

No speaker issues. Just had to reboot my phone, and all sluggishness cleared right up.
    08-16-2016 08:27 AM
    So I had to show off my new S7 Edge to my kids and went to the sink and ran it under water. OMG Dad ...

About an hour later I noticed the notifications sounded weird but didn't really think anything of it, thought they were just different or something. Then I was trying to watch a video and I could barely hear the sound and it was scratchy and awful, like an old, 1940's horrible recording. I tried a bunch of other sources and all sounded the same, rebooted, nothing. I begin to cry and thought, did I really just break my 6 hour old phone?

So I shut it off and put it in rice and this morning it is working fine, thank goodness! Not sure if the rice did anything or it just need to dry or what, but I gave my phone a little kiss and said sorry.

Just thought I would share my near heartbreak with you all and give hope to others if they find themselves in a similar situation.
    So I have the same issue. A bit of water for onto my phone and the speaker stopped working. I called samsung to complain and they said I have water damage. I yelled and complained to them saying I should not have water damage to a phone that they claim I can place in a pool of water. They said that no matter what they can nor do anything about it. I will not stand behind samsung anymore
    08-16-2016 07:09 PM
    Best friend turned 21 and on his birthday dropped his brand new iPhone 6 in a pitcher. Beer was good. Phone was not good. As a result, I'll save the resistance testing for when I really need it, and bear in mind, it's water resistant, I don't think any phone is beer-proof/beer resistant.
    08-17-2016 12:21 PM
    Just blast some music full volume. That should work at least for me it does
    08-24-2016 01:04 PM
    hey buddy i have tooked my s7 in swimming pool about an hour and its working fine.As the passive of time the technology is getting advance so we should take the advantage of that samsung had officially proved that s7 is water resistance or water proof so why you are afraid to getting it wet its waterproof i had tested for an hour in the pool buddy
    09-07-2016 01:35 PM
    i think a speaker got problem if we use it when it is in pool or a fully wet otherwise it would fine
    09-07-2016 01:41 PM
    Just so you know i took my s7 edge on holiday and took loads of films/pictures underwater. i took it with me down waterslides which end in a deep 2m pool and i had no issues with it. i simply shook it a few times to get the water out of the ports and it worked perfectly afterwards.
    09-09-2016 05:22 AM
    Speaker not working..!!!
    Just used it an hour ago and it was working fine... Placed it in pocket and went out... An hour later when took it out for answering a call,took it closer to ear... Huh!!! couldnt hear any sound but bursted speakers nothing bt shh shh noise.... Dont know what happened and why it happened.... ๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ข
    What should i do???
    09-14-2016 03:50 PM
    Here in Europe / Finland we have a rule that possible condition that a device is marketed with must hold true under consumer use too.

In other words, companies must stand behind their advertising 100%.

I have washed my S7E many times under faucet but as the pressure can be high I hold the phone that the water falls on to the screen first and spreads from there. You can reduce the time it takes to dry by spinning your arm with long movements with the speaker directed outwards.

And the champagne video.. I will have to try that! Although of course I'm not wasting champ.
    10-15-2016 01:03 PM
    It amazes me that people take the phone into a showers. The IP rating for these phones is for cold water at a specific depth.

It uses water tension to keep water from entering the holes it has to have for the openings for the mic and speakers. Hot water and steam has a different surface tension than cold water and then throw in chemicals which decrease surface tension..
    Also moving water like out of the shower head has increased pressure which could well exceed the IP rating.

Your playing Russian Rullette with the phone.
    It actually uses rubber and silicone seals to achieve its rating. The speaker and mic were designed to get wet and resume functionality once dried. The charger port is designed to get wet a well. It won't allow current flow until it's dry.

This phone and my Note 7 has spent a lot of time in the water with no ill effects.

To help with the speaker issue after getting wet, I get a paper towel, press it up against the speaker, and give it a few taps, speaker down, against a semi hard surface, like a magazine. The paper towel absorbs the majority of the water and it's working usually in 30 minutes or less.
    10-15-2016 01:31 PM
    I've taken my s7 edge in the ocean and swimming pool. The speaker does get distorted. I just took some canned air to it. Also if you submerge it the water damage indicator will show up in the sd/sim card tray. Even if the phone is not damaged.
    10-15-2016 02:01 PM
  21. Old Objects From The 70s and 90s's Avatar
    Omg same. I was terrified that I just broke my brand new s7. Thank god I looked it up
    10-31-2016 08:31 PM
    I took my new S7 into the swimming pool to test the water resistance/proof and it has worked perfectly fine speaker went low for a while but came back normal and all those who say don't do it how cares it's only a phone
    11-10-2016 03:17 PM
    I guess I'm boring. I have no desire to get my S7e wet, no matter what the IPxx rating is. Good to see some of you have gotten away with it without damage.
    sweetypie31 and Alanhd like this.
    11-10-2016 04:22 PM
    I guess I'm boring. I have no desire to get my S7e wet, no matter what the IPxx rating is. Good to see some of you have gotten away with it without damage.
    Me too. The most I will do is pull out the phone when it's raining and even then it's iffy. Lol
    tadpoles and Alanhd like this.
    11-10-2016 05:50 PM
    I accidentally just dropped mine in about 8 inches of water, for less than 10 seconds. I pulled it back, blew out the charge and headphone plugs, and kept watching Netflix, noticing the sound was greatly diminished as you also experienced. Roughly 10 minutes later, it regained full sound.

This was only my experience.
    11-29-2016 10:51 PM
106 ... 2345