The Galaxy S7/Edge doesn't have Doze?

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Both variants of the S7 have doze. Its a built in app that runs automatically. You will not see it listed in your app drawer. And YES, it works.

Posted via Android Central App

Zuke24

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. My phone starts beeping telling me that it's done charging and I can't disable that. The screen lights up and it makes a sound every few moments. So I disconnect. That's at 1AM. By 7AM, it's dropped to 80%. That's a 20% drop while doing nothing, on DND. So I doubt Doze is working properly. I've turned off my Always On Display so we'll see if that changes things tonight.

Zuke24

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
OK, last night was my test without AOD. It dropped 10% from 2:30AM to 7:00AM (I don't sleep much). According to GSAM, it activated Doze for 4 seconds.

Codger1212

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm on my first day with a non-motorola phone since the OG Droid. A lot of things I have to get used to. Contemplating going back to my Turbo
Agree, its a struggle but I love this phone. Notifications or lack thereof on the A. O. D. are painful compared to the turbo.

bsteppuhn

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
I have found that i cant leave my phone on my head board it catches movement. I have to place it opposite side. I also noticed i had better results when i didnt have s voice or google activated for voice commands

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(79257)

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
I have found that i cant leave my phone on my head board it catches movement. I have to place it opposite side. I also noticed i had better results when i didnt have s voice or google activated for voice commands

Posted via the Android Central App

I don't want to state the obvious, about your headboard not staying still :D

crazed_z06

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Mine used to doze... stopped doing it recently.. not sure why.

Im considering going back to my iphone 6s plus because the battery life on my GS7 Edge has gone completely to crap lately.. Only getting 12 hours these days :(

mcdonsco

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Mine used to doze... stopped doing it recently.. not sure why... battery life on my GS7 Edge has gone completely to crap lately.. Only getting 12 hours these days :(

Same here with a standard s7. Started off with pretty good battery life, now for instance, this morning i took it off the charger at 7:25'ish and now at 8:08am its down to 79% after using it screen on time of 30 min (morning news and blogs while having coffee). Its only been off the charger for about 43 minutes! Yet, 21% battery gone? Dafuq?

Im now regularly seeing a dead battery by noon. Completely unacceptable.

Bugeyeblue

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Same here with a standard s7. Started off with pretty good battery life, now for instance, this morning i took it off the charger at 7:25'ish and now at 8:08am its down to 79% after using it screen on time of 30 min (morning news and blogs while having coffee). Its only been off the charger for about 43 minutes! Yet, 21% battery gone? Dafuq?

Im now regularly seeing a dead battery by noon. Completely unacceptable.

Anyone else have any help on this issue? I'm having similar results with my Verizon s7. Not using the phone hardly at all and can't even make it to 5pm without it needing a charge.

guitarpete987

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
It's weird. I have had my phone for a few weeks now, at first it was a total trooper. I was getting almost 12 hours of life per day. It was great. Now, just today, I was just out and about running errands, normal use, and I lost 35 percent in under two hours. I wasn't even streaming music!

It's been behaving like this for a few days now. I get like 5 or 6 hours of use max.

I'm wondering what's going on myself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781