07-04-2016 06:56 PM
44 12
tools
    May have spoke too soon. I tried Lightflows recommendation of installing both my paid version AND legacy and it got all wonky on me again. Trying Legacy alone and crossing fingers. Will report if it works for more than a little while.
    03-11-2016 02:59 PM
    May have spoke too soon. I tried Lightflows recommendation of installing both my paid version AND legacy and it got all wonky on me again. Trying Legacy alone and crossing fingers. Will report if it works for more than a little while.
    I couldn't get it to work.
    03-11-2016 05:02 PM
    I switched to Light Manager while using the Note 5. It works just fine on the S7. I have the AOD on and I'm having no issues.
    03-12-2016 03:14 AM
    I'm using the paid version of light flow. I got the same "legacy" and Samsung workaround message the earlier poster got. Mine seems to be working just fine with just the workaround, except for notifications not clearing automatically all the time, but I can deal with that. I am not using the always on display however.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-12-2016 03:42 AM
    Other posts I've read are connecting problems to the "Always On" feature. I personally like the Always On so I'm hoping Lightflow or someone comes up with a real fix soon.
    03-12-2016 11:32 AM
    I've received this link of instructions from the folks at Light Flow. Phone Help - Samsung S7/S7 edge ~ Reactle

The only thing I seem to have problems with at this point is Gmail refuses to take my color choice for notifications. It want's default blue, and it gets what it want's. Other apps seem to be working.

The gentleman at Light Flow said he was going to be purchasing an S7 soon so I imagine updates will follow.
    03-12-2016 05:45 PM
    i tried Led Blinker, Lightflow and Light Manager on my S6,
    Light Manager is the only one that works properly (hope it works on the S7 too), make sure that when you activate the led in Light Manager, make sure you disable led in the app that you want to use the led for.

Attachment 219431
    Using light manager as well. Can't seem to find the led light notification for emails to turn it off so I can use that function via light manager.

03-17-2016 03:02 PM
    Using light manager as well.
    unfortunately i'm not using the stock mail app, it had some push notification problems, i use Type app(TypeMail) it has a dark theme and the notifications are instant
    03-17-2016 03:10 PM
    unfortunately i'm not using the stock mail app, it had some push notification problems, i use Type app(TypeMail) it has a dark theme and the notifications are instant
    I have noticed that as well. I will get an email and check from my laptop and 20 minutes later, even after turning my phone on, I still have the email symbol at the top of my device. I have to open the email app for it to sync and show the email read or moved etc. Very annoying. The

03-17-2016 04:33 PM
    Is there a way to sync type app with my exchange calendar?

03-17-2016 06:02 PM

i see that there is the option to add an Exchange account, personally i don't use it, you could give it a try.
    03-17-2016 06:05 PM
    i see that there is the option to add an Exchange account, personally i don't use it, you could give it a try.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...d0fa2941e9.jpg
    Sorry to bother. Yes, I tried it but didn't see an option to sync with my calendar. Which is a deal breaker for me.

03-17-2016 06:19 PM
    Sorry to bother. Yes, I tried it but didn't see an option to sync with my calendar. Which is a deal breaker for me.

i am using it just for mail,i honestly don't know what to recommend as I'm not using an exchange account and calendar
    03-17-2016 06:51 PM
    Lightflow Legacy seems to be working fine for me now, with AOD on, after following all the steps recommended on their web site. If you just install it, and expect it to work, you'll be disappointed. Here's what I did, IIRC:

1. Download an install the regular paid version. Don't bother to set up any notifications.
    2. Download an install Legacy. It will alert you that you need to disable, but not delete, the full version, and offer to disable it for you. This is NOT the same as disabling an app in the application manager. Don't disable it there.
    3. At some point, it will prompt to to enable the Samsung workaround. Choose that setting.
    4. In the phone settings, go to Lock screen and security / Other security settings / Device administrators. Make sure Light Flow Legacy is turned on.
    5. In device Settings, go to Accessibility, scroll all the way down, and make sure Light Flow Legacy in On. (Not sure if this is really necessary, but it's working with this enabled, and it won't hurt anything).
    6. Back to Lightflow Legacy: In General settings, check (or make sure these are checked): Enable Light Flow, Snow LED in Priority Mode, Accessibility check.
    7. Go to Lightflow Legacy and set up your notifications. For some apps you'll need to check the Switch screen on and Wake screen when in pocket options to get notifications to work. To minimize the impact of this, set Screen on length to 0.3 seconds. I don't even notice the screen flash
    7b. Apps I know require these settings include Gmail, E-mail (Samsung's app),
    8. For the built-in SMS app, if you have problems, uncheck the boxes for Monitor SMS Conversations, and check the option for Monitor notification bar.
    9. Finally, go back to device Settings, choose Notifications, click Advanced, scroll down to Light Flow (not Legacy), and and turn off notifications.

So far, everything seems to be working for me. If you set up notifications for an app and just get the regular Blue LED instead of what you've programmed, follow step 7 for that app.

I am getting the appropriate color notifications with the screen off. I do not recall having to disable the "always on" setting. The only thing I noticed since I originally posted was that there is no notification for the stock email app, although I expect that will be corrected shortly.
    There is on mine. It shows up in the Notification settings list as "E-mail." If you don't see it, tap the + icon and see if it's in the list of additional apps.
    03-18-2016 06:31 PM
    Update:

I've been communicating with the developer of Lightflow, and now have it working with the apps I need it for, without the pin locking problem I was having before. Updated setup procedures can be found here:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ml#post5070680
    03-30-2016 08:46 AM
    Has anyone tried enabling these:
    Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Does Lightflow control all LED functions?-uploadfromtaptalk1465732443319.jpg
    06-12-2016 06:54 AM

Nine is your go-to app for anything and everything Exchange! You may ask what is special about the app, well, I am yet to see any other app provide Exchange features like Nine does.

06-14-2016 08:33 PM
    yeah i have light flow on galaxy s7, works fine, only thing is i'm having trouble with notification popping up on a lock screen, its not showing which i like, but other than that LED does work different colours what every you pick, just a little messing around enable and disabling stuff, i'm also running with nova launcher, and i tell you its still alot better than touch wiz ,
    07-04-2016 06:35 PM
    yeah exactly what i did to get mine working
    07-04-2016 06:56 PM
44 12