Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Does Lightflow control all LED functions?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Would one of you lucky, kind, generous owners of edge 7 test free version of Lightflow to see if it works to control led notifications? I really love that app and won't change phones if it doesn't work. Thanks!

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: Lucky Early Buyer Lightflow Test???

I tried it on the S6 and it didn't work properly and caused some problems with the phone as well. Had to uninstall it.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

I tried it on the S6 and it didn't work properly and caused some problems with the phone as well. Had to uninstall it.
There is a special "Samsung Method" mode in the app. Did you try it? Thanks!

kcalmol

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site

I'm curious about this as well. Wondering if Marshmallow fixed the 5.1.1 Samsung notification light issue.

20degrees

Banned
Jun 27, 2011
Visit site

I installed it on my wife's, it didn't work. It's worked on every phone I've had though. I'll dig more in to it tomorrow when my phone is supposed to arrive.

jemalone

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

I will be giving it a try tomorrow evening after I receive my Silver S7 edge. I like to use it also on my S5.

kcalmol

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site

Chatted with the developer. Samsung drivers are apparently even more inconsistent with Marshmallow. I guess the workaround still works. Frustrating.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

Chatted with the developer. Samsung drivers are apparently even more inconsistent with Marshmallow. I guess the workaround still works. Frustrating.
Perhaps someone could try the work-around and explain how it works? Thanks again for your help. It will strongly influence my decision about buying the edge

KevinLev

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I received the phone (S7 Edge) today, tried the paid version of Light Flow (I am a heavy notification user) and it doesn't work. Tried many settings and workarounds (including the Samsung-specific workaround, direct mode, etc.). Nothing.

And the worst problem is that the always-on screen of the S7/Edge only shows missed calls and SMS messages, not all notifications...I am quite stuck at this point. But the phone is very nice, I won't give up just yet :)

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I received the phone (S7 Edge) today, tried the paid version of Light Flow (I am a heavy notification user) and it doesn't work. Tried many settings and workarounds (including the Samsung-specific workaround, direct mode, etc.). Nothing.

And the worst problem is that the always-on screen of the S7/Edge only shows missed calls and SMS messages, not all notifications...I am quite stuck at this point. But the phone is very nice, I won't give up just yet :)
I am avidly following your reports. I am surprised always on fails to give email notifications! If always on doesn't notify on emails and there is no way to fix Lightflow I just cannot buy this phone. If it isn't too much trouble would you contact Andrew the developer at Reactle (Lightflow). He is a great guy and if you email the issue he may have a special version of Lightflow or may write one just so we can use his app. I thought it might work if the setting to keep the lightflow icon in the pulldown menu were always there. I think I may have read some old version might work. Anyway I really appreciate your reply. I hope you find a solution.

kyleresq

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I have Lightflow, but the paid version. I am using it on the S7 Edge and it seems to be fine. When I downloaded it, I got a message saying that there had to be an "always on" icon or it wouldn't work, and if I didn't want that, I could download the "legacy" version. I downloaded the "legacy" version, and it seems to be fine. I currently have notifications on for email and Whatsapp.

MartinMPL

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
The paid version also didn't work properly with Marshmallow on the Nexus last I tried. It caused havoc with the ambient display. Shame since I've used Light Flow since the Nexus One.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
when u say legacy lightflow worked you mean u get color led notifications with screen off? did u have to disable always on screen setting?

rflores5432

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
So, I received my S7 edge today. I also had been using the paid version of lightflow recently on my S5 and love it. So, to answer your question, I couldn't get the regular paid version to work. All I would get is a blue notification so I also decided to installed the "legacy version" too like stated above. I had to install it and also keep the paid version installed. I don't know if the legacy works with the regular free version but it definitely is working with the paid version so far. All of the different colored notifications are displaying.

Posted via the Android Central App

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
So, I received my S7 edge today. I also had been using the paid version of lightflow recently on my S5 and love it. So, to answer your question, I couldn't get the regular paid version to work. All I would get is a blue notification so I also decided to installed the "legacy version" too like stated above. I had to install it and also keep the paid version installed. I don't know if the legacy works with the regular free version but it definitely is working with the paid version so far. All of the different colored notifications are displaying.

Thanks! Do you have to shut off notifications manually? Can you still use "always on" display?

mededitornj

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
FWIW, I installed the Legacy version and it interfered with my sound notifications. I tried a few different work-arounds, but nothing helped.

The sound problem disappeared when I uninstalled Legacy, deleted the leftover folder via File Manager, and restarted the phone.

I'm disappointed because I love Light Flow, but it didn't work for me. I have no idea why it messed with my notification sounds.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
FWIW, I installed the Legacy version and it interfered with my sound notifications. I tried a few different work-arounds, but nothing helped.

The sound problem disappeared when I uninstalled Legacy, deleted the leftover folder via File Manager, and restarted the phone.

I'm disappointed because I love Light Flow, but it didn't work for me. I have no idea why it messed with my notification sounds.

It always did. You have to make app notifications silent and allow lightflow to create sounds. Of course first you must assign sound to each app in lightflow and activate sound within lightflow.

rflores5432

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! Do you have to shut off notifications manually? Can you still use "always on" display?

Unfortunately the notifications won't go away on its own like it used to. Have to manually clear it but for now I can live with that until hopefully a fix. Always on seems to be working just fine. When screen is "off" and always on is showing, notification, sound, and vibration work fine and doesn't effect it.