Got my GS7 Edge today, which looks and feels amazing. So I saw in a few reviews that there was supposed to be a Samsung Labs settings in the Advanced Features that would enable the No App Drawer (just like the bitten fruit company offers). I wanted to try it out, but I can't find this anywhere.

I have a T-Mobile version.
    03-04-2016 11:10 PM
    It is disabled in the tmobile version
    adelcastillo78 likes this.
    03-04-2016 11:12 PM
    It is disabled in the tmobile version
    BOO T-Mobile for not allowing it... oh well. Thanks for the info!
    03-04-2016 11:14 PM
    I think all US carriers are not having it. Thinking about it, could be Samsung just didn't include it in the Snapdragon versions or may be add it back in a future software update.
    03-04-2016 11:34 PM
    Got my GS7 Edge today, which looks and feels amazing. So I saw in a few reviews that there was supposed to be a Samsung Labs settings in the Advanced Features that would enable the No App Drawer (just like the bitten fruit company offers). I wanted to try it out, but I can't find this anywhere.

I have a T-Mobile version.
    Nova Launcher maaaaan
    adelcastillo78 likes this.
    03-04-2016 11:55 PM
    Nova Launcher maaaaan
    Finally Samsung allows their weather/clock widget to work on 3rd party launchers!!!
    03-05-2016 02:09 AM
    May I ask why you would want to disable the app drawer???!
    barskin likes this.
    03-05-2016 10:34 AM
    Exactly what I was wondering. What is the advantage in eliminating the app drawer? What is the disadvantage in having one?
    03-05-2016 10:44 AM
    Exactly what I was wondering. What is the advantage in eliminating the app drawer? What is the disadvantage in having one?
    Maybe it eats resources or something
    03-05-2016 11:33 AM
    Because of choice, not everyone likes the same thing. Keeps things simple and to search apps just swipe down with single finget, start typing app name and you will get the app. Doesn't matter if it stays in app drawer or on the main screen. For people who have used the iPhone no app drawer is no big deal.

Personally for me I don't care either way but if I have the option in setting I probably would turn it on and try out. Doesn't hurt to have choice for the user to decide.
    milehigherik likes this.
    03-05-2016 11:44 AM
    I understand, but one of the things I like most about android are widgets. If all your apps and widgets are on your main pages it will be crazy! But I guess some may like that for a weird reason.
    03-05-2016 12:28 PM
    I understand, but one of the things I like most about android are widgets. If all your apps and widgets are on your main pages it will be crazy! But I guess some may like that for a weird reason.
    Might be the best of both worlds. On iPhone I didn't care because I would always swipe down and type a few letters to find the app I want. The only thing I ever got tired of with my iPhone's was lack of widgets. I like glance-able information.
    03-05-2016 03:40 PM
    For years I've used an app drawer. But for the past few months I"ve been running Nova with no app drawer. I keep some widgets on one home screen and all the apps I use regularly on two other home screens. I simply swipe down for a search bar to find rarely used apps. This approach seems so much easier, cleaner and more elegant, and I doubt I'd ever go back to using a app drawer, but to each his own.
    03-05-2016 04:14 PM
    The option to remove the app drawer is part of Samsung Labs, and both t-mobile and Sprint have completely removed that feature. Probably because Samsung says that the options in Labs might change, and the carriers don't want to deal with calls from customers complaining that a feature they've been using is gone.
    03-05-2016 04:19 PM
    An alternative explanation for carriers removing stock Samsung features and apps from their minority variants is that the carriers can cram more bloatware on the phone.
    03-05-2016 05:31 PM
    Ya the bloatware would be even more annoying taking up screen space. More likely users will disable it to hide it.
    03-05-2016 09:14 PM
    For years I've used an app drawer. But for the past few months I"ve been running Nova with no app drawer. I keep some widgets on one home screen and all the apps I use regularly on two other home screens. I simply swipe down for a search bar to find rarely used apps. This approach seems so much easier, cleaner and more elegant, and I doubt I'd ever go back to using a app drawer, but to each his own.
    I originally asked this because I wanted to try it out. I have always used an app drawer but I may not care for it if it wasn't there. How did you get rid of your app drawer on Nova? I can't find the option. And yes, I got Nova Prime. Thanks!

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-05-2016 09:34 PM
    How did you get rid of your app drawer on Nova? I can't find the option. And yes, I got Nova Prime. Thanks!p
    Just remove the apps drawer shortcut from home screen (you can easily add it back later). Then I added a Swipe down gesture for App search.
    03-07-2016 07:40 AM