Recently i watched the tear down video of s7 edge , as i can see the processor is all worn just one day of use and heat pipe doesn't have any liquid in it ? Check out the tear down video and tell ur opinion

03-05-2016 12:23 AM
    Heat pipes don't need liquid to do their job.

Every processor will heat up with use. There is no way around that.
    xocomaox likes this.
    03-05-2016 01:59 AM
    What were you expecting? Fluids to flow out? A heatpipe actually has very little fluid, if you feel it it might feel a little damp but that's about it. It's not going to gush out like a river. Look up what's inside heatpipes on google
    03-05-2016 03:20 AM
    What were you expecting? Fluids to flow out? A heatpipe actually has very little fluid, if you feel it it might feel a little damp but that's about it. It's not going to gush out like a river. Look up what's inside heatpipes on google
    Then why would they say liquid cooling , shud hav marketed as heat-pipe or empty copper pipe
    03-05-2016 03:22 AM
    Heat pipes don't need liquid to do their job.

Every processor will heat up with use. There is no way around that.
    If u watch that video u can see the processor damaging it holdings
    03-05-2016 03:23 AM
    Who ever said the Edge would have liquid cooling in the first place???
    Liquid cooling has never been shown to be needed with the Snapdragon 820 unlike the 1st generation SD 810 which did have issues so they came up with the gimmick of "liquid cooling" to pacify worriers of the first generation 810s, later versions of the SD 810 without "liquid cooling" did fine... Heat pipes do a fine job dispersing heat from the processor.
    03-05-2016 05:48 AM
    Samsung actually mentioned it as liquid cooling in their introduction. There is a link on xda to an article with one of the Samsung engineers. In it he mentions that the amount of liquid in the pipe is extremely small, something like .002ml and that it evaporates out immediately if the heat pipe is opened. He did go on to say that even that small amount of liquid has a big impact on cooling.
    03-05-2016 06:37 AM
    Who ever said the Edge would have liquid cooling in the first place???
    Liquid cooling has never been shown to be needed with the Snapdragon 820 unlike the 1st generation SD 810 which did have issues so they came up with the gimmick of "liquid cooling" to pacify worriers of the first generation 810s, later versions of the SD 810 without "liquid cooling" did fine... Heat pipes do a fine job dispersing heat from the processor.
    Samsung mentioned it on the announcement.
    03-05-2016 07:01 AM

Recently i watched the tear down video of s7 edge , as i can see the processor is all worn just one day of use and heat pipe doesn't have any liquid in it ? Check out the tear down video and tell ur opinion

It's pressurised. You release the pressure it becomes a gas again (which is why you can't see it).
    03-05-2016 07:49 AM
    If u watch that video u can see the processor damaging it holdings
    That appears to be the plastic doing its job. Making sure nothing else has to take the heat. The plastic isn't "holding" the chip. The motherboard is holding the chip. The plastic is a heat shield for the other components of the phone.
    03-05-2016 01:15 PM
    So essentially, once it's been repaired, it's no longer water tight, right?
    03-05-2016 02:51 PM
    So essentially, once it's been repaired, it's no longer water tight, right?
    If it's repaired by Samsung, which is the only group that should repair it, it will be fine.
    Laura Knotek and zipro like this.
    03-05-2016 02:57 PM
    The phone is not heating up at all. Snapdragon 820 is a performance beast with no heat penalty!
    03-05-2016 06:09 PM
    The amount of liquid can be deceiving. Where I work we have 3 IBM Z/12 mainframes (these beasts are about the size of a full size Ford Econoline van (not the mini van) standing up on their rear bumper). They are liquid cooled, they use a coolant like your car, and use about 5 gallons. While I know it is not a like for like comparison, these bad boys get HOT. you put 65 degree air in the intake and get 130 degree air out the back. But if you were to reduce them to the size of our phones, the amount of liquid would be less than a drop. I know that a drop would not exhaust heat. But I don't think these phones need much more that a method to move the heat from the processor to near the back case to do the thermal exchange.
    Wizzy likes this.
    03-05-2016 07:43 PM
    Funny, at Best Buy I played with an edge7 that was uncomfortably hot to hold. I figured it is on max brightness and sales display mode and always charging so no biggie. Then I went to VZW. Played with the edge7 plugged in with display mode running just like BestBuy. It wasn't hot at all. One difference I noticed was BestBuy model running on their wifi and VZW connected to LTE. Not suggesting that means anything. Just the only thing that seemed different.
    03-05-2016 09:06 PM
    Then why would they say liquid cooling , shud hav marketed as heat-pipe or empty copper pipe
    Id does have liquid inside the heatpipe. Ex: U boil water, when it heats up it vaporize into "gas form" and when cooled down it turns back to water.
    03-06-2016 05:50 AM
    Because it sounds cooler to say it than "a heatpipe".
    Microsoft pulled the exact same stunt with their 950XL last October. It's a buzz word to mislead the consumer, nothing else. It's called "marketing".
    03-06-2016 01:37 PM
    Id does have liquid inside the heatpipe. Ex: U boil water, when it heats up it vaporize into "gas form" and when cooled down it turns back to water.
    I highly doubt that the internal temp reaches anything close to boiling point for water.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-06-2016 02:16 PM
    I am jus worried if one day use made that processor mess up like that in the tear down video , i have to use it 2 years on contracts. As of my iphone i changed it apple store when ever i got an issue . They would jus take mine and gives me a another phones . I highly doubt samsung gonna be so aggressive about customer service.
    03-06-2016 05:00 PM
    I am jus worried if one day use made that processor mess up like that in the tear down video , i have to use it 2 years on contracts. As of my iphone i changed it apple store when ever i got an issue . They would jus take mine and gives me a another phones . I highly doubt samsung gonna be so aggressive about customer service.
    As I said before, I'm pretty sure what you're seeing is not damage. I'm almost certain it's a plastic heat shield doing its job, which is to stop the heat from affecting the components that are close to the chip as much as possible.

I wouldn't be too worried. I'm sure if the chip were to damage itself so easily Samsung would already know about it and would have designed around it, fixed the problem, or not used that particular chip.
    Laura Knotek and vamsiguduru like this.
    03-06-2016 06:44 PM
    There is actually liquid. Liquified gas. It's a heatpipe.

When it is sealed, it is liquid under pressure.

Once you open it, the liquid becomes gas and escapes.
    03-06-2016 07:07 PM