03-18-2016 01:10 PM
31 12
tools
    Hey there guys, This is a question for anyone that has a Note 5 and has upgraded to the 7 Edge.
    I got my s7EDGE and set it up and I was noticing that the screen on the S7 Edge seems a bit warmer than the NOTE 5 screen. Is this normal for everyone else? Also I was wondering how your light sensors are working. Mine seems to be working normally though I feel like the note 5 gets a bit brighter/dimmer in certain lighting.
    03-05-2016 09:50 PM
    Hey there guys, This is a question for anyone that has a Note 5 and has upgraded to the 7 Edge.
    I got my s7EDGE and set it up and I was noticing that the screen on the S7 Edge seems a bit warmer than the NOTE 5 screen. Is this normal for everyone else? Also I was wondering how your light sensors are working. Mine seems to be working normally though I feel like the note 5 gets a bit brighter/dimmer in certain lighting.
    Download lux
    03-05-2016 10:16 PM
    Same as you. I did jump on demand w my note 5 to the s7e.
    IMO, screen is the same quality. What I've noticed is the auto brightness and adaptive screen is more accurate than the s6 and note. I have noticed the screen turn cool then in low light dim and then almost look warm... Just walking in different lighting.
    Not sure if this helps but just what my eyes noticed so far.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-05-2016 10:30 PM
    That does help. I appreciate it. Does it appear warmer than your note 5 screen?
    03-05-2016 11:09 PM
    That does help. I appreciate it. Does it appear warmer than your note 5 screen?
    I just looked side by side as I need to still being my Note to the T-Mobile Corp store.
    No...look the same to me. But again when I turned the light off in the room to test, the s7 immediately responded and dimmed while the note started maxed brightness giving it a cooler look but really just splitting hairs.
    I would not go crazy. But if it really bothers you I'm sure you can get an exchange. You simply say the screen has some and bad color. I did something like that with an old iPhone one time. It was either the 4 or the 5.

03-06-2016 12:28 AM
    My goodness using this phone is very awesome. I don't have any bad comment for this stuff. Very user friendly and great phone. Just sharing my thought. Thanks
    Carlo Villa likes this.
    03-06-2016 12:58 AM
    I have both and was thinking the displays looked exactly the same on each. If there is any difference, I can't tell.

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Note 5 Owners-img_0101.jpg
    03-06-2016 02:15 AM
    Guys, does note 5 slow down and lag after a few months for you?

BTW, awesome picture NexusGirlX!
    NexusGirlX likes this.
    03-06-2016 09:34 AM
    I have both and was thinking the displays looked exactly the same on each. If there is any difference, I can't tell.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0101.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	815.0 KB 
ID:	218821
    Which is better? Battery life, especialy!
    03-06-2016 09:35 AM
    Which is better? Battery life, especialy!
    The S7 Edge is. I get two hours screen usage on the Note 5 and I just got 5 on the Edge.
    03-06-2016 09:39 AM

I've only had my Note 5 for a month so I haven't noticed any lag. I just can't get the battery to give me more then two hours screen time in a day. Earlier, it lost 10% in two hours of just sitting there after taking it off the charger.
    03-06-2016 10:04 AM

I factory reset to brand new set up every month and the Note5 goes back to buttery smooth.
    03-06-2016 11:31 AM
    So i'm in same boat. have my Note 5 and pre order s7edge but i'm afraid that the camera will be huge letdown,as at XDA forums there are conflict reports about quality.

Anyone that went S7 Edge how is the camera?
    03-06-2016 11:53 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0101.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	815.0 KB 
ID:	218821

Hi there I noticed your comparison of both screens I was just wondering if at the top and bottom while in landcape of the curved screen of the edge makes a difference, in other words was there a distortion or discoloration compared to the flat screen and if so how noticeable is it?

Thanks

03-06-2016 02:02 PM
    Did you make sure that you have the same screen mode on both? Adaptive will do exactly what you said it's doing, which is adjust the color and stuff to match the lighting. The other modes won't do that, but they also have different calibrations. Basic is the most color accurate for sRGB content, which is 99% of what you're going to look at on your phone.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-06-2016 02:06 PM
    Hi there I noticed your comparison of both screens I was just wondering if at the top and bottom while in landcape of the curved screen of the edge makes a difference, in other words was there a distortion or discoloration compared to the flat screen and if so how noticeable is it?

Thanks

Only slightly depending on what you are doing. It doesn't bother me at all. I had Note Edge for over a year that has the edge panel on the right side so I'm used to a curved display like this for the most part.
    03-06-2016 04:10 PM
    Ok thanks NexusGirlX nice to hear, I'm a little worried that the edge panel would affect videos and I also sometimes grip my phone hard so sometimes I wonder if the edges makes the phone a little less solid

03-06-2016 04:44 PM
    Ok thanks NexusGirlX nice to hear, I'm a little worried that the edge panel would affect videos and I also sometimes grip my phone hard so sometimes I wonder if the edges makes the phone a little less solid

I have noticed one annoyance. I have had text literally undo itself that I was typing probably due to a finger wrapping around the phone to the right side and touching the screen there. I've had this happen a few times so far.
    03-06-2016 04:46 PM
    Yes I'm sure it'll happen to me to it'll just take some getting used to but I gotta say those curved edges really give it an edge to edge look

03-06-2016 04:53 PM
    Yes I'm sure it'll happen to me to it'll just take some getting used to but I gotta say those curved edges really give it an edge to edge look

It's my favorite phone now between it and the Note 5.
    03-06-2016 04:54 PM
    I have noticed one annoyance. I have had text literally undo itself that I was typing probably due to a finger wrapping around the phone to the right side and touching the screen there. I've had this happen a few times so far.
    I had that same thing happen with the S6e has well. I'm hoping that it won't be as bad with the redesigned back, but it's also larger so idk....

I also had it long press the screen before, but that happens with the Note 5 too since I try to one hand it sometimes and shouldn't. :P
    NexusGirlX likes this.
    03-06-2016 06:50 PM
    Hm i think my screen might be a little different then. I'll try and take photos to share. The colors on my S7 Edge seem a bit more dulled.
    03-07-2016 09:59 AM
    The S7/S7 Edge have a new Adaptive Brightness Control mode according to DisplayMate

The Galaxy S7 has a new interactive Personalized Automatic Brightness Control that learns and stores the display brightness settings that you set for different ambient light levels, so from then on you get your own customized personal visual brightness preferences instead of some pre-programmed manufacturer settings found in other smartphones, tablets, and TVs.
    I can't post the link here because of my post counts but if you just go to DisplayMate website under Mobile Displays you should be able to find the S7/S7 Edge display review
    03-07-2016 10:06 AM
    Quick question.

Is there a difference in colors on the devices? Like for instance if you go to the "Phone" application is the green on the top of the screen a duller color on the S7 Edge compared to the Note 5?
    03-07-2016 10:09 AM
    I took screenshots (though I've heard that screenshots won't show any screen issues) To show what I mean.

This is the S7 Edge
    Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Note 5 Owners-screenshot_20160307-100425.jpg

and this is the Note 5
    Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Note 5 Owners-screenshot_2016-03-07-11-07-07.jpg
    03-07-2016 10:13 AM
31 12