Verizon S7/S7 Edge tramp stamp

Erick47

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Can anyone confirm if the verizon version has the old branding or the new branding?

Posted via the Android Central App

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
You know it's glued and sealed, and removing / replacing the back will most likely compromise the waterproofing if not done perfectly?

Yup. Krazy glue works right? I kid.

I have a buddy that's a repair tech for Samsung and I was just planning on him taking it to work and swapping it for me.

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Ya. I had him do the same thing on my S6E and Note 5. The S6E is now back with him getting the panel replaced with the old Verizon one he initially took off so I can sell it and not have folks asking why it was replaced.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand the hatred of the Verizon tramp stamp. It's really not that big of a deal, tbh.

Some people just hate branding on their phones... Or I guess I should say "extra" branding.

It doesn't bother me since I think of it like this .. Where is there no branding in life? Shirts, shoes, refrigerators, cars, etc. all have branding. Of course companies will take advantage of free advertising so I am not surprised the carriers jump on it as well. Especially since Samsung will work with them to do so.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Tramp it up. ...well, I used to say that before I decided I'm not casing this phone. I've since moved on from the safety blanket of cases.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Some people just hate branding on their phones... Or I guess I should say "extra" branding.

It doesn't bother me since I think of it like this .. Where is there no branding in life? Shirts, shoes, refrigerators, cars, etc. all have branding. Of course companies will take advantage of free advertising so I am not surprised the carriers jump on it as well. Especially since Samsung will work with them to do so.

Sure, they may hate the branding, but it's something that's to be expected. It'll never go away.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza