No samsung browser on Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It may just need an update from Samsung in the Google Store. I am sure we will see it within a few days (if not sooner).

GBP87

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
MAYBE, just maybe, we can't get it in the Play Store because the Play Store shows version 3.0? Just seems odd that someone on an S6 could grab it in the Play Store (S6 on 5.1 which has the Samsung Browser 3.0)

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Verizon you never learn !!!

No!

This is how it always starts with Verizon's and AT&T's, "cloneware". The omissions, the add-on's, the bloatware, the lack of updates that are issued by them and not Samsung and eventually, the expansion of the system partition for even more bloatware and making the phones unrootable in future updates.

It isn't just Samsung who have to kowtow to these carriers to do business in the U.S., other manufacturers do too. Ever wondered why, unlike the rest of the world, that there are no unbranded, stock Samsung handsets widely available in your local stores and why all carriers must have their own carrier variant?

It has now become a standing joke with the worldwide stock Samsung users. :D

"Think all Galaxy S7's are the same...
Think again!"

(These are not necessarily the views of Android Central but my own personal observations over the last six years)

Last edited:

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
MAYBE, just maybe, we can't get it in the Play Store because the Play Store shows version 3.0? Just seems odd that someone on an S6 could grab it in the Play Store (S6 on 5.1 which has the Samsung Browser 3.0)
I don't think that's the case because I think other carriers have the browser. Pretty sure this is a Verizon thing

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Most likely never since Android is open and Apple / iOS is not. They can avoid it by not selling through the carriers (like Nexus) but then people wouldn't like that either.

I would love that option.

But not even Samsung has the brand loyalty and market clout that Apple does.