05-03-2017 07:33 PM
4,281 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    This was also added to the submission page.......... many have speculated whether it is the bluetooth or 3g version.... vzw has claimed it is the bluetooth version on a number of inquiries but now samsung added this recently...... adding double asterisk to notate this is the 3G version...... that denotation wasn't there previously.......

**Gear S2 suggested retail price is $300. Note: Samsung Gear S2 3G connectivity not available in Alaska. Functionality to make/receive calls will not be available.Attachment 220996
    not sure what this tell us ...
    03-18-2016 07:15 PM
    I ended up buying my S7 in-store, because the Verizon Business web portal isn't yet set up to process online orders using DPP as a payment option. Before I did that, I contacted Verizon chat and asked whether I'd be eligible for the free S2 if I bought the device in-store. I was told that I would.

When I attempted to register for Samsung's 3rd party promo through the website set up for that purpose, it would only let me submit a claim for the VR, since I hadn't made the purchase online. I did not want the VR, so I reached back out to the Verizon chat.

I explained the situation to them, and their response was really simple: the CSR just went in and created an order for me (at Verizon, not through Samsung) for the S2. She explained that since I'd be getting the S2 through Verizon, that a charge would show up for it on my next bill, but that there would also be a corresponding credit that would cancel out that charge. Before I'd even gotten off the chat, I'd already received the e-mail confirmation of the order she put in. That e-mail confirmation said that my S2 is expected to ship (from Verizon) on or before 4/1.

The item she ordered for me is: Samsung Gear S2 Classic (sold by Verizon for $399.99) - not sure if this is the exact same item I'd have gotten if I'd gone through the normal Samsung promo channel. Does anyone else know?
    Your ability or lack of ability to submit for S2 does not make sense. They base it on the LOC code... I'm assuming you were either not using the correct link that has S2 and VR or .... -- good for you that you found a rep who was clueless as well but in a good way.
    03-18-2016 07:18 PM
    Fulfillment pending here also. I hope we get them before the 6 free game offer expires.
    03-18-2016 08:16 PM
    Calm down you wont get anything until at least your return period is over.
    Anu Mantra and teristark like this.
    03-18-2016 09:26 PM
    Calm down you wont get anything until at least your return period is over.
    That was most honest threat on the forum, My Friend.
    xocomaox likes this.
    03-18-2016 09:34 PM
    I can't even submit mine. I've tried for a week and all it says is the following:

Oops, something went wrong.

There was an error attempting to contact the server.

Please contact customer support for assistance.

REFRESH THE PAGE

Support takes days to answer and their answer has nothing to do with the issue.
    03-19-2016 12:50 AM
    I had to resubmit mine because the location code was not viable. I had resubmitted and within the day got the "pending" thing many people. I too hope thats a good thing! I am hoping to exchange it for the moto 360 through Verizon. Heres to hoping!
    03-19-2016 01:01 AM
    Just submitted my request today since I got the phone yesterday. We'll see how this goes.
    03-19-2016 12:35 PM
    Glad I went the Costco route. I didn't pre-order and so I missed out on launch day bundles as the Best Buy I went to was out of S7 Edges.
    So I went into an AT&T store and they only had the free Gear promotion (wasn't interested in adding a line for the BOGO promo).
    So I spent the next day or so looking at all the deals I could still get and most of my options would be limited to in store availability.
    So I decided to visit Samsung.com and they were allowing online orders thru AT&T and also thru Costco/Membership Wireless.
    I was shocked to see that the Costco online deal included the phone, the Gear VR, 64 GB memory card, and a rechargeable battery.
    Everything included and no need to send off for anything except the also included $50 rebate which I barely got in on because you have to receive the phone and activate it before 3/20 to even get.
    I ordered on Saturday night and got the whole kit in on Thursday!
    I feel bad for the people who are having to send off for the Gear VR and still waiting on it.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-19-2016 03:29 PM
    No need to feel "bad for the people" it will show up when it shows up. It's a 100 piece of plastic and 4 months from now no one will care about it.
    03-19-2016 04:24 PM
    not sure what this tell us ...
    Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread:  please post whether you are successful ...-new-promo-s2.jpg

Samsung changed the promo page today for Verizon submissions...... new terms and exceptions

and the terms and conditions have been revised as of March 19th...... extended from March 31 to Apr 15......
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    "4. GIFT DETAILS: *Terms and Conditions amended March 19, 2016 to reflect initial supply of
    300,000 Gear VR and 35,000 Gear S2 outlined below have been claimed and to provide an
    alternative Gift option in lieu of delayed Gift delivery (see below). "
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Revised Terms and Conditions as of March 19, 2016
    SAMSUNG GEAR VR OFFER
    TERMS AND CONDITIONS"

They didn't make this notation the first time they changed the terms after March 4th when they altered quantities available for promo... but now it is in red right on top of page.

--------------------------------------------------

"No more than 300,000 Gear VRs are available in this Offer. Gifts are available for a limited
    time, while supplies last, on a first-come, first-served basis. Gear VRs or Gear S2s claimed
    on or before March 18, 2016, may be sent within approximately six to eight weeks after
    verification of Offer Claim Form, but in some cases, it may take longer for delivery (some
    items may not deliver until approximately May, 2016 based on item availability).
    Eligible Participants who submit a valid Offer Claim Form after March 18, 2016, will have the
    option to either:
    i) Participate as set forth in Section 3, understanding that Gifts for Offer Claim
    Forms received on or after March 19, 2016 may not be sent to Participants
    until June, 2016 or later.
    ii) Alternatively, due to more Gifts being available in the Offer than
    initially stated in these Terms and Conditions, in order to avoid
    expected delayed Gift delivery, a Participant may submit an Offer
    Claim Form as set forth in Section 3 and follow the on-screen
    instructions to claim a $100 Samsung.com one-time use Reward
    eCertificate (“Reward eCertificate”) in lieu of the Gift described above.
    A Participant cannot receive both the Gift and a Reward eCertificate.
    The Reward eCertificate will be sent to Participants to the email address
    provided when submitting their Offer Claim Forms within approximately two
    weeks after verification of Offer Claim Forms (please note verification can
    take approximately four to six weeks). If a Participant selects to receive a
    Reward eCertificate instead of waiting for a Gear VR, he/she will not receive
    the Oculus Content described below – the Reward eCertificate is in lieu of
    the Gear VR and Oculus Content. Reward eCertificate valid at
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=R3Z0ybpH for use towards a new purchase. Reward eCertificate
    valid April 11, 2016 through July 1, 2016. Reward eCertificate is a one-time
    use certificate; using the eCertificate as payment for an order with a value of
    less than $100 will result in the forfeiture of any amount in excess of the
    value of the order. Reward eCertificate may only be used to pay for the
    products being purchased, and may not be used to pay for sales tax or
    shipping charges. Reward eCertificates may not be used to pay for major
    appliances, or any other product not sold directly on Samsung.com through
    DR GlobalTech, an Authorized Samsung Reseller. Reward eCertificates
    cannot be used for TVs and/or Digital Audio/Video products that fall under
    Samsung’s Unilateral Pricing Policy. Reward eCertificates have no cash
    value. Reward eCertificates may only be used for purchases on
    Samsung.com, and may not be used at any other retailer. "

--------------------------------------------------------
    03-19-2016 04:39 PM
    I had to submit online for the vr. I got my phone last weekend when tmobile had their BOGO. We did the bogo and tmobile submitted that info. They weren't sure if we would qualify for the vr deal or not. I'm thinking we may qualify since the bogo was submitted thru tmobile and the vr was submitted thru Samsung. I guess time will tell. I'm thinking about 6-8 weeks.

03-19-2016 06:45 PM
    Did anyone do the math on the money spent on Verizon bogo? I don't need a new line but if it's cheaper in the long run I may add one for the 6 months to grab the free phone. And would you be able to swap the phone to another number that's already active?
    03-20-2016 07:30 AM
    @ashmouth: Correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding of the BOGO promotion is that Verizon issues you the hardware and then issues you a statement credit for 24 months. If you break the terms of the agreement the balance of the BOGO phone becomes due.
    03-20-2016 10:15 AM
    @ashmouth: Correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding of the BOGO promotion is that Verizon issues you the hardware and then issues you a statement credit for 24 months. If you break the terms of the agreement the balance of the BOGO phone becomes due.
    The bogo goes through Samsung, you get a visa gift card for the amount of the phone. Line has to be active for 6 months. Just ordered my second one, I called and talked with everyone and have it all in writing so I'm getting it one way or the other lol
    03-20-2016 10:58 AM
    I just tried to check my status and it says I don't have claim associated with my email. I submitted on the 10th around noon. WTF. I haven't received any further information besides my initial confirmation email.

Edit: figured out the issue. My phone was adding a space after my email which was causing the system to not recognize it. I also have fulfillment pending. So for everyone checking their status make sure you don't have any additional spaces added after your email.

Mine does the same thing but i didnt have the space and it still says theres no email with a submission
    03-20-2016 12:42 PM
    The bogo goes through Samsung, you get a visa gift card for the amount of the phone. Line has to be active for 6 months. Just ordered my second one, I called and talked with everyone and have it all in writing so I'm getting it one way or the other lol

so what is the math on the BOGO deal then... you only pay $20 a month for 6 months on new line and then cancel and switch device to existing line..... $120 plus taxes)....... with the vzw 14 day return policy, is that 14 days from the day the device was delivered or 14 days from the day it was shipped?
    03-20-2016 01:01 PM
    So those wanting the vr headset it might be faster going for the $100 offer and order it from Samsung. They have free shipping on orders over $50, but you'll probably have to pay tax. Might be worth it if you don't want to wait so long for it.
    03-20-2016 02:05 PM
    Mine does the same thing but i didnt have the space and it still says theres no email with a submission
    Think of it like a password, characters must match. I had the same problem until I realized my phone auto capitalized the first letter of my email address when I entered it for the promo redemption.
    03-20-2016 03:06 PM
    so what is the math on the BOGO deal then... you only pay $20 a month for 6 months on new line and then cancel and switch device to existing line..... $120 plus taxes)....... with the vzw 14 day return policy, is that 14 days from the day the device was delivered or 14 days from the day it was shipped?
    That's the way I'm reading it, but it's just the line you need active, so if you switch it to another line as long as there is a smartphone on that line should be all good.
    03-20-2016 04:47 PM
    I finally used the Gear VR today, wow!
    I wasn't really excited about it, but now I am. My kids are also very happy.
    Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread:  please post whether you are successful ...-uploadfromtaptalk1458511260856.jpg
    Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread:  please post whether you are successful ...-uploadfromtaptalk1458511296197.jpg
    Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread:  please post whether you are successful ...-uploadfromtaptalk1458511302993.jpg
    Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread:  please post whether you are successful ...-uploadfromtaptalk1458511312063.jpg
    ashmouth likes this.
    03-20-2016 05:01 PM
    Just to clarify, are we supposed to resubmit our claim to be put on the delayed shipment list or are our original submissions still valid? Mine still says fullfilment pending.
    03-20-2016 10:20 PM
    Has anyone else received this error when submitting for the T-Mobile Promo?

Oops, something went wrong.

There was an error attempting to contact the server.

Please contact customer support for assistance.

REFRESH THE PAGE

Prize Logic support takes DAYS and never address the issue. They give me a solution to a problem that I didn't describe and it's extremely frustrating!
    03-20-2016 10:40 PM
    mine did that to . in tell i noticed the phone was making the fist letter a capital .
    redid it with no cap's and worked fine
    03-21-2016 07:42 AM
    Thanks! I'm doing it on a computer, so it doesn't change anything.
    03-21-2016 10:22 AM
4,281 ... 910111213 ...