05-03-2017 07:33 PM
4,281 ... 108109110111112 ...
tools
    It might be but it was not until I talked to a director that I was able to get more than just a run around. Apparently you are in the first come first serve order until it is sent to bright star and then it seems they do whatever they want to. Trying to escalate until you get to speak to a director may be the only option for early filers.
    05-18-2016 08:41 AM
    05-18-2016 09:04 AM
    Long time lurker.

Early filers: The only thing that I have found successful is to call and call again, I even got hung up on. You need to speak to a supervisor and state your case clearly enough that they will submit your information to their supervisor because the first one cannot do a thing. It may take a couple of days, they tell you 2-4 business days, but once they call explain your situation and the dates they sent you emails.
    I actually called their third party vendor bright star and made note I knew people while filed after me already received theirs to both supervisors.
    The second supervisor should be able to talk to Bright Star management and put you on the top of the pile.

3/10- submitted information
    3/23- they say I got final approval and sent to “third party vendor”
    5/8- “estimated shipping date”
    5/13- talked to supervisor 1
    5/16- talked to director who said he would call “third party vendor”
    5/17- VR overnighted via FedEx, email from FedEx
    5/18- VR on truck to be delivered to my house
    Thanks for the info. This is the response i received on their facebook page..."In regards to the gear VR headset, we do expect delays as we do not have the device in stock to send to you at this time. We do want to apologize for the delay, but can confirm and guarantee when we do have the available vr headset designed to you, it will be sent."
    Weird that they are out of stock for some and not for others. It can't be that hard to come up with one lie for everyone.
    wheresmys2 likes this.
    05-18-2016 09:07 AM
    Are you an early filer? They did not want to do anything until I was so close to my 8 weeks they had to do something. They even admitted they have no control over when it gets shipped, it is all brightstar. If I was you I would try calling, I had to ask for a supervisor four times before I got one but it was quick after that.
    05-18-2016 09:12 AM
    Got this notice this morning...

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your patience. We do apologize for the mix-up with your gift. We will provide you with a shipping label in the next couple of weeks to return the GearVR and we will replace it with your original gift of choice. Please make sure you check your junk and spam folders because the shipping label will be sent via email. If you have additional questions please don't hesitate to contact us.

Thank you,
    PrizeLogic Support
    wheresmys2 likes this.
    05-18-2016 11:10 AM
    So what happened to keeping the VR and getting the $200 ecert?

Toad

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-18-2016 11:12 AM
    I'm sure someone within the 110 pages of complete frustration has received an approval twice. Just received my second one today, has anyone else received this today?Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread:  please post whether you are successful ...-samsung.jpg
    05-18-2016 11:47 AM
    10 weeks to the day after submitting I finally get an email about my submission.
    05-18-2016 11:53 AM
    So, since I am on my 10th week of waiting, I decided to use this free time and do some research. I decided to look up this BRIGHPOINT company, and found out that it is owned by Ingram Micro. Coincidentally, this is the SAME company that ships products ordered directly through Samsung.com. I noticed the address yesterday when I received my Level blue tooth speaker (which arrived in 3 days free standard shipping-just saying). I decided to reach out to said parent company, and let them know just how poorly this facility is being ran. I am hoping this will spur some investigation into Brightpoint, as Ingram Micro manages a plethora of companies technology needs. If they are as smart as they are rich, they will figure this out before it tarnishes their reputation. All it takes is one bad apple and........well, you know the rest. I shall return to patiently waiting. =/
    wheresmys2 likes this.
    05-18-2016 11:54 AM
    I received the same email

05-18-2016 12:10 PM
    So what happened to keeping the VR and getting the $200 ecert?

Toad

For me I already received both and didn't use them yet. I still have the Gear VR sealed and the $200 eCert unused...

If they can send me a return label for the Gear VR so I can get my Gear S2 I would be more than happy to return them both.
    05-18-2016 12:11 PM
    For me I already received both and didn't use them yet. I still have the Gear VR sealed and the $200 eCert unused...

If they can send me a return label for the Gear VR so I can get my Gear S2 I would be more than happy to return them both.
    I would hold the ecert at least until you get the S2...or it expires 😨

Sorry, couldn't help myself...

Toad

wheresmys2, Myshell926 and danlnyc like this.
    05-18-2016 12:23 PM
    Eeerily quiet, huh? I may be wrong, but I think the last S2 received was on 5/14, so probably shipped 5/12ish?
    05-18-2016 01:06 PM
    Did they originally tell you to keep the VR?
    05-18-2016 01:23 PM
    I would hold the ecert at least until you get the S2...or it expires

Sorry, couldn't help myself...

Toad

Best case scenario I hope that I can keep the eCert and trade the VR for a S2. That would be awesome. I don't feel bad at all if Samsung lost $200 that is only valid towards other Samsung products anyways. Perhaps compensation for this major screw-up? I've already replied back to PL asking what I should do with the eCert so we'll see....
    wheresmys2 likes this.
    05-18-2016 01:29 PM
    If you check with PL they will probably tell you it is an additional level of approval that you had to go through and your 8 to 10 weeks will start from today. Seriously, don't think too much of it, I received a second approval for my S2, it came 3 days after I got the watch. Their e-mails are worthless.
    05-18-2016 01:55 PM
    I got the approval email today as well. This one is my first that I've actually received from them, never got the original back on 4/3. Maybe we are finally getting somewhere! (Or they want to start our 8 weeks over again!
    05-18-2016 02:23 PM
    Exactly what I was told today. SUb 3-18, approved 3-31, never had a ship date. Today was told 6-8 weeks from last week , where they came up with that date I have no clue??
    05-18-2016 02:56 PM
    Exactly what I was told today. SUb 3-18, approved 3-31, never had a ship date. Today was told 6-8 weeks from last week , where they came up with that date I have no clue??
    https://promos.samsungpromotions.com/info/checkstatus

Input your email and see what it says.

I had my ship date originally set at 4/1 and then they pushed it to 4/18. After that I had zero notifications regarding my shipment. 2 days ago it shows up on my doorstep and then they sent me the tracking # AFTER it had already arrived. Don't expect a shipping date or a tracking #. You're just going to have to wait until it shows up.
    05-18-2016 03:00 PM
    Hello All,

Here is my situation. I work for a business and I bought my S7 Edge on the Verizon's business webpage. I then went to PL website aka samsungpromotions.com and filled out the form for the free Gear 2 watch. Submitted the form fine and then got a response that my location code was invalid and to please re-submit the form. I re-submitted the form and it was approved with no problem. So like all of us I was constantly checking my status and my status finally change and it said I was approved. I called PL to make sure I was getting the S2 watch and they told me YES don't worry about it you're getting the watch. Well then over the next month I called back a few more time and got the same response YES to watch. THEN ALL HELL BROKE LOSE!!!!! I was then alerted that there was a glitch in the system and I'm now getting the VRs instead of the watch. So I called in and they reported that don't worry you're still getting the watch and to disregard the message. Called a few more times and got the same response. I got an email that my VRs had shipped. Thats nice, but I don't want the VRs!!!! I called them and they said that you should of got the S2 watch and they would have to have a supervisor get back to me. To make a long story short after talking to Verizon and PrizeLogic I am not getting the watch because my Location Code was not on the approved Location Codes sent from Verizon to PL. I talked to a Verizon rep and she stated that I was also supposed to fill out the form on https://www.yourdigitalrebatecenter.com/ when I bought the phone, I was supposed to get a PROMO Code and enter it into Verizons website. So after all this I received one VR and no watch. BS in my opinion. Any help on getting the watch would be greatly helpful.

I have spent hours talking to Verizon
    Hours taking to PrizeLogic
    Hours talking Samsung support

Anyone remember what that code was you entered on Verizon's webpage

All denied because of my location code M576101

Thanks,
    The4cris
    05-18-2016 04:24 PM
    Update

I called PL and I got through relatively quickly. I was on hold for less than a minute. After giving the lady my email, phone number, and name, she pulled "my account". To my surprise, she:
    -Accurately described the phones that I submitted. (A S7 & S7 Edge.)
    -Accurately described the receipt that I submitted. (An email from Verizon.)
    -Accurately described what gifts I had submitted for. (Two Gear S2s.)
    -Accurately described my submit date. (3/11/16)
    -Gave me the same approval date that I was emailed on. (4/7)
    -Told me that my gift had been sent to fulfilment on 4/8.

After talking with the lady about my frustrations with waiting so long, she apologized for the long delay and stated that they had some ongoing tech issues. (In reference to how long my approval took and that fact that I'm still waiting.) I'm taking everything with a grain of salt and hoping that I should have my watches within the next two weeks...
    Aushoj likes this.
    05-18-2016 05:00 PM
    I got the approval email today as well. This one is my first that I've actually received from them, never got the original back on 4/3. Maybe we are finally getting somewhere! (Or they want to start our 8 weeks over again!
    Don't hold your breath! I did not receive the email today , but I'm apart of the 4/18 club original submission date 3/10. PL says my approval date is 4/14.. so 10 weeks in and nothing....

abrush and Wiseguy32 like this.
    05-18-2016 05:01 PM
    What is the location code for someone who has already gotten their s2? I'd like to compare mine please.
    05-18-2016 05:58 PM
    What is the location code for someone who has already gotten their s2? I'd like to compare mine please.
    I dont think it matters as Samsung/PL is the only who can make any sense out of them. What is important though is that most submitters from 3/10 - 3/13 has been affected the most so any location code inside those dates were probably affected.
    05-18-2016 06:51 PM
    Don't hold your breath! I did not receive the email today , but I'm apart of the 4/18 club original submission date 3/10. PL says my approval date is 4/14.. so 10 weeks in and nothing....

Yea, I'm a 3/9 submitter, but I never got an original approval email, so I have nothing to go on but them telling me 4/3, which I'm sure is not correct, but it's all I got. I'm in week 6 since that approval date, and then we got this email... So I guess we will just keep on waiting and see what happens.
    05-18-2016 08:28 PM
4,281 ... 108109110111112 ...