05-03-2017 07:33 PM
4,281 ... 112113114115116 ...
tools
    I have gone this route and I even have an email guarantee that I would get the S2's as long as I did the promotion in the allowed time period. I have spoke to a higher up supervisior and they said that they can not do anything until May 31st which is the date prizelogic guaranteed them that I would get it. The 8 weeks from the April 6 approval date that they gave some of us. It did not matter that I have been waiting since 3/11 or that other people got them first. I was going to call VZW again but I decided I will wait for June 1st to say ok now it has been 8 weeks that they promised I would get it by, 12 weeks since I submitted., You said I would get it by now and I did not, now you have to keep your word and give it to me. Or maybe we will be lucky and all get it this week lol.
    wheresmys2 likes this.
    05-23-2016 10:11 AM
    I was in shock, but I did receive my VR's on Saturday. My status still shows pending, no FDM activity, was just sitting at my doorstep when I got home. Sub 3/18, been approved with pending shipping since 3-31. All of you who are waiting, your gifts will come. I finally had accepted I would never get mine. I guess I should have "let it go" awhile back
    wheresmys2 likes this.
    05-23-2016 11:00 AM
    I'm calling BS on Verizon sending out free watches, too. I have contacted them multiple times and all they do is call Prize Logic and get the same runaround that I do. This is the parting message from my last chat with them:

If I can only give it to you for free I would but I can only do so much.

I did not ask them to send me one, I just asked if they had any plans to make their customers happy. It seems that they do not.
    05-23-2016 11:03 AM
    The rumors are true if you are nice enough and patient enougb verizon is sending them! I am on the phone now amd they are processing it. I could pick whichever one i wanted.
    Aushoj likes this.
    05-23-2016 11:39 AM
    The rumors are true if you are nice enough and patient enougb verizon is sending them! I am on the phone now amd they are processing it. I could pick whichever one i wanted.
    What was your angle?

howd you get around "the oh just wait its coming " answer?
    05-23-2016 11:53 AM
    Tried/Failed. While the Rep was very nice the final answer was 'not to worry, it will be arriving soon.'
    05-23-2016 12:06 PM
    I called and got a guy that was super sweet. I told him everything. Gave him my original order number for my phone. Which showed how long it had been. Told him about the multiple emails amd calls back and fourth with proze logic/samsung. Offered to show proof. He did a conference call with a the verizon sales who in turn told him there was nothing the sales dept could do and that the customer service dept of verizon would have to order the watch for me then credit my account for that amount. In the beginning i had mentioned that a friend of mine (this forum) had the same thing happened to him and verizon made it right for him when everyone else was giving him the run around. So he put me on hold for a minute. Got supervisor approval and he asked which one i wanted and to pick the most expensive one lol... (he was a super rare very nice one) even talked about family guy... Be persistent and offer whatever proof you have. It will work.
    05-23-2016 12:06 PM
    I chatted with Verizon for almost 2 hours this morning. According to the person I was talking to, his supervisor called Prize Logic, got the same useless response I get when I call, and then told me it's out of their hands. They said it's a Samsung promotion and since I have an email saying that I will be getting a Gear S2, which I think is a lie, there's nothing they can do.
    05-23-2016 12:10 PM
    My Gear VR has been reporting Submission Approved. Preparing for Shipment. Shipping Date Estimate: 5/8/2016 for a long time now! This is unacceptable.
    05-23-2016 12:13 PM
    My rep was very sweet young lady who after I told her about the promotion that I never got being that I pre-ordered as soon as the page was up offered to send in the item of my choosing to be shipped overnight. I didn't have to say anything else, no resistance, no explanation, straight up offered it. I thought she was smoking crack and if she was then I want to share whatever she's having. Just kidding of course.

But the point is, you don't even have to talk your way to it or have an angle if it's a rep who will be giving you the promotion to be sent by Verizon. It's all luck to be able to get such reps who would put on the effort to talk to the higher ups to get approval and order it for you and even ask you what kind of Gear S2 you'd like plus expedited signature required shipping. If the rep you're on the phone with is already giving resistance and you insist then the further they won't do you any favor. Just give up and try another rep.

I was put on hold for like 5mins for her to be able to get the approval. She described the watches to me and says the other one is a classic. She even mentioned "the classic one seems like the newer one" so which one do you want? Of course I went for the classic.

There's no gain for us who got it to lie about this. Good luck!
    Aushoj likes this.
    05-23-2016 12:18 PM
    just tried and verizon transfered me to samsung and samsung said it's not out promotion. though the first verizon guy seemed like he genuinely wanted to help but then put me on hold and I guess his supervisor told him to transfer me. 30 min waste of time for me hope you guys have better luck

Posted via the Android Central App
    Cnicks, wheresmys2 and Meesh7688 like this.
    05-23-2016 12:57 PM
    I was also successful with getting Verizon to send me a s2 classic for free. Or at least I think I am. They gave me an order confirmation and said that it should ship today.
    Meesh7688, Aushoj and wheresmys2 like this.
    05-23-2016 12:57 PM
    My rep was very sweet young lady who after I told her about the promotion that I never got being that I pre-ordered as soon as the page was up offered to send in the item of my choosing to be shipped overnight. I didn't have to say anything else, no resistance, no explanation, straight up offered it.
    Did you call Verizon, Samsung, or PrizeLogic?
    05-23-2016 01:27 PM
    woa 4 people now!

Better call before tomorrow when some bean counter looks at the dailys and shouts WTF! and shuts it all down LOL
    05-23-2016 01:38 PM
    Where is everyone located? NC here.. I'm asking because PL told me they were sending them out in batches according to location.. I'm sure it's bs.

05-23-2016 01:45 PM
    I called verizon care, who sent me to sales, who sent me back to care.

They were out of black s2s so she was going to get me a silver one. I asked if she could do the s2 classic and i would pay the difference. She said no need, it let her do it without me paying. Order should be here by Wednesday
    wheresmys2 likes this.
    05-23-2016 01:49 PM
    I was also successful with getting Verizon to send me a s2 classic for free. Or at least I think I am. They gave me an order confirmation and said that it should ship today.
    No success here. My rep contacted samsung who then went to Prize logic and I got the normal, blah blah blah response... Any help is welcome(on talking to verizon).
    05-23-2016 01:50 PM
    Where is everyone located? NC here.. I'm asking because PL told me they were sending them out in batches according to location.. I'm sure it's bs.

and here I was thinking PrizeLogic had run out of answers/excuses. Now at least we know what's taking so long....They were busy having to stack them by location when they had that big location code audit.
    05-23-2016 01:51 PM
    I called Verizon, the rep told me it has been way too long of a wait, and he was going to contact his supervisor. He told me I should get a call back in 24-48 hours, or earlier... So we shall see if Verizon sends me watches instead of PrizeLogic... who clearly doesn't wanna get rid of any of them!
    wheresmys2 likes this.
    05-23-2016 02:01 PM
    It shouldn't be this way. It doesn't matter if you call & get a watch, or call and get no help at all....it should be the same for everyone who calls. In my opinion, this is a business transaction & should not be ultimately solved by whether the Rep is nice, or likes you, or opts to do nothing. It should all be the same. From the beginning, it has not been first come, first served and this 'upgrading & sending free watches on a whim' is not helping the fairness factor at all.
    Meesh7688 and Cnicks like this.
    05-23-2016 02:10 PM
    I called Verizon, the rep told me it has been way too long of a wait, and he was going to contact his supervisor. He told me I should get a call back in 24-48 hours, or earlier... So we shall see if Verizon sends me watches instead of PrizeLogic... who clearly doesn't wanna get rid of any of them!
    Mine didn't say anything about the wait... I told them I submitted 3/9 and that I have yet to receive my watch that I submitted the promo for. She just went to samsung...she did nothing on her end.
    05-23-2016 02:11 PM
    Ohio here. PL is idiots if they're doing them in batches by location.
    lbaeurtehn likes this.
    05-23-2016 02:19 PM
    Mine didn't say anything about the wait... I told them I submitted 3/9 and that I have yet to receive my watch that I submitted the promo for. She just went to samsung...she did nothing on her end.
    I submitted 3/18-I mentioned it's been over 9 weeks now. Maybe stating the time in weeks helped? No clue. I would be okay waiting if people who submitted AFTER me were still waiting... meanwhile everyone else- like you- are praying watches even show up!
    05-23-2016 02:22 PM
    Just attempting a follow up as another two weeks have passed. My status page continues to reflect a May 8th shipping date and the initial ~8 week window closed last Wednesday.

Any information is appreciated. Thanks.

9:38AM

Hi ******, for device recognized by IMEI *****************4, we see the gift (gear vr) is still in process. Please allow additional time for it to be delivered to you.

The messages no longer even attempt to reinforce the items are in fact coming, just that we should wait additional time to be delivered (mine hasn't shipped).
    School is ending this week for the kids so when that's over I will hopefully get some more time to keep plugging away at this. As a former wireless agent way back in the 00's though I have no clue as to what type of authority and options these customer service agents even have at this point.
    05-23-2016 02:52 PM
    I submitted 3/18-I mentioned it's been over 9 weeks now. Maybe stating the time in weeks helped? No clue. I would be okay waiting if people who submitted AFTER me were still waiting... meanwhile everyone else- like you- are praying watches even show up!
    It'd been 11 weeks since my submission date. Is that the time I should use?? I don't have an actual approval date... As I never got an email ... Just what prize logic has told me...
    05-23-2016 02:57 PM
4,281 ... 112113114115116 ...