05-03-2017 07:33 PM
4,281 ... 117118119120121 ...
tools
    My verizon rep called samsung and waited while we were on hold. She connected them and I was told the same BS responses as usual but this time I was not able to get an expected delivery date. I did get told i would be receiving a call back from a PL supervisor. Got off the phone with PL and VZW rep was so flustered she had no idea what to do but said she couldn't do anything. I think i have a new tactic.

Side note, did ATT run this same promo? They having the same problems?
    She couldn't do anything, but maybe if she had spoken to her Supervisor, they may have! Keep trying!
    05-25-2016 09:58 AM
    She couldn't do anything, but maybe if she had spoken to her Supervisor, they may have! Keep trying!
    I have spoken to many VZW supervisors in the last few weeks and once Samsung or PL tells them we will be receiving it and gives them an end date they do not offer to send it to you because they expect PL to send it to us.
    05-25-2016 10:06 AM
    ATT had a promo for the gear VR not the Gear S2

VerizonWireless.com(.COM!) had the exclusive deal for the S2

Thus the reason why were are all talking about talking to Verizon.

Oh and just to chime in on earlyer convo. If I was being shorted just a VR I wouldn't be soo involved in this. Id be envolved but I out two smart watches! The whole reason I upgraded was the watch phone combo. Smartphones have stagnated in their uses. My old s4 was just fine for what I needed. I truly dont do anything with the s7 I cant do with my s4.

The novelty of a connected watch might allow me to do a few more things. Like... I dono not pull my phone out of my pocket... Not wear that crazy bra strap of a polar heart rate monitor the 20 miles a week I run and maybe not have my phone strapped to my arm too.

Oh and no watch for me today. Ground delivers on a regular schedule at work so I know.
    wheresmys2 likes this.
    05-25-2016 10:25 AM
    48 hours later, VZW texted me a number to call about the Gear Promotion... Samsung's number. I called VZW to see what was going on. Long story short, I'm not getting watches from Verizon, I have to wait and see if they ever show up from Samsung. She said everyone who has posted here that VZW is giving them a watch is lying... That it says they are not responsible.

She also said that they ran out of watches. So clearly it makes perfect sense to have them sent out to the LAST people who submitted while the rest of us wait. Granted, I was a 3/18 submitter... but still.
    05-25-2016 10:31 AM
    I am with AT & T, same procedures. I filed 3-17, approved 3-31, received 2 VR's 5/21, PL still says pending shipping, no FDM, just showed up at my door. I did make SEVERAL calls to PL and listened to all of their BS
    05-25-2016 10:32 AM
    I am in fact not lying. My package of 3 gear s2 Classics are on the way to my house as I type this.
    Attached Thumbnails Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread:  please post whether you are successful ...-5-25-2016-11-34-17-am.png  
    lbaeurtehn and Meesh7688 like this.
    05-25-2016 10:36 AM

Oh and just to chime in on earlyer convo. If I was being shorted just a VR I wouldn't be soo involved in this. Id be envolved but I out two smart watches! The whole reason I upgraded was the watch phone combo. Smartphones have stagnated in their uses. My old s4 was just fine for what I needed. I truly dont do anything with the s7 I cant do with my s4.

The novelty of a connected watch might allow me to do a few more things. Like... I dono not pull my phone out of my pocket... Not wear that crazy bra strap of a polar heart rate monitor the 20 miles a week I run and maybe not have my phone strapped to my arm too.

Oh and no watch for me today. Ground delivers on a regular schedule at work so I know.
    Well what I was getting at before, is that the S2 watch works with the S4 and any other Samsung phone that runs Android 4.4 or higher. So you could have bought two watches for $600 and saved $1000 and a lot of anguish, since 2 S7 phones cost about $1600.
    Aushoj likes this.
    05-25-2016 11:08 AM
    But ahhh your also forgetting the Buy one get one offer! done through Verizon separately.

So it could have been buy two watches 600 bucks. (total value 600 bucks)
    Or Get two phones and two watches 600 bucks. (total value 1800 bucks)

*all values estimated!

then theres the estimated lifespan of the s4 to think of yeah it works now, but in a year? will the net become a facebook version of the Metaverse? and were all swordfighting each other at the black sun on the street? will my s7 handle that? maybe... the s4, maybe? but a lot less likely than the s7.
    wheresmys2 likes this.
    05-25-2016 11:29 AM

I just wanted to make sure. I am going to call up ATT and see if they want a new customer I just need a couple phones and a couple watches.
    05-25-2016 11:30 AM
    Greetings Everyone,

I am another lurker to this thread who performs the daily ritual of checking the subscriber page, Fedex Manager, and then this android central thread. I suppose in a way it was helpful to not feel alone in what has become a rather ridiculous public relations annoyance for Verizon and Samsung.

First the information everyone seems to post:

Samsung Gear S2 Submission Date: 3/18
    Approved per the Subscription Page: 3/28
    Emailed Prize Logic for information: 4/10
    Approved per Email from Prize Logic: 4/18

I have never seen a tracking number or any indication of movement.

This morning (in fact less then 30 minutes ago) I decided to call PrizeLogic to maybe just maybe get some information about when I can expect my watch. After a 15 minute wait this was basically how the conversation went.

PL Rep: Good Morning, Please provide the email and name submitted for the Samsung Promotion

Me: Good Morning, My email is *email*

PL Rep: *Looks it up* Ok it appears you were approved April 18th.

Me: Even though I applied a month prior and had been approved per your Samsung promotions update page?

PL Rep: There are several different stages of approval sir....

Me: Alright....can I at least get an idea of when I might see movement?

PL Rep: 6-8 weeks after the 18th sir.

Me: Even though I have multiple indications of people after me submitted and received watches, and few of people who submitted before me?

PL Rep: I've heard a lot of that sir, the watches get shipped in a random fashion.

Me: Random? Can you clarify how the order is determined?

PL Rep: It might be alphabetically by a persons name, or the date sir.

Me: Given the my first name starts with a D and my last name starts with a C I feel fairly confident if it were that I would have received my watch by now.

PL Rep: I was being facetious sir. All we have is the 6-8 weeks after the approval email.

Me: I see. Have a good day. *Hangs up*

I lost my patience after that line about the alphabetical order by name bit. Thought it might amuse some of you. I kind of wish I'd asked for a supervisor. But given previous experiences with PrizeLogic I decided not too. I am going to explore the Verizon option later.

I get the feeling were going to get told eventually..."4-6 weeks for Approval, then 4-8 Weeks for delivery after approval" which means some people might be waiting until July before any claim could be made.....I'm Stuck until June 18th as far as Prize Logic is concerned.

Bleh.
    wheresmys2 and Wiseguy32 like this.
    05-25-2016 12:58 PM
    I am in fact not lying. My package of 3 gear s2 Classics are on the way to my house as I type this.
    Also not a liar. Mine is coming via UPS. Just got the tracking information. I wonder if it's UPS because mine is 2 day shipping? Ah well. I'll still post when I receive them.
    05-25-2016 01:48 PM
    It arrived just now via Fedex. No paying up front to be reimbursed at all, Verizon just waived everything.

Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread:  please post whether you are successful ...-20160525_124508.jpg
    abrush, Meesh7688, Up Down and 3 others like this.
    05-25-2016 02:58 PM
    It arrived just now via Fedex. No paying up front to be reimbursed at all, Verizon just waived everything.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160525_124508.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	844.8 KB 
ID:	228590
    is there any info on that receipt that shows it wasn't paid for just wondering if may be I can show them this to push mine along

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-25-2016 03:12 PM
    is there any info on that receipt that shows it wasn't paid for just wondering if may be I can show them this to push mine along

I only had to pay for mine because they couldn't bill my account and then immediately reimburse me, so I paid for it and they then reimbursed my account. I have two emails (Because they only reimbursed $200 first and I pushed back for the remaining $150) indicating the rebates to my account for it.
    05-25-2016 03:41 PM
    the lady I spoke to wanted to help but didn't know how as in what to verizon reps did for you guys. she offered me 100 off of my 2 watches which is unacceptable to me. so was told to wait and see if they send them.

wheresmys2 likes this.
    05-25-2016 03:52 PM
    I talked to another rep and she also said she does not know how you guys got your free Classics... She did give me her email address, but I'd doubt she'd believe if I sent anything anyways. Hmph.
    05-25-2016 04:12 PM
    Mine isn't a Classic. They told me they had to order what the promotion offered. I also didn't get the option to pay the difference, but I'm fine with just receiving SOMETHING.

I hate that you all haven't had any luck.
    05-25-2016 04:28 PM
    No joy on my after work call today.

Ryan my rep called the Samsung help desk. They gave him the back order story lol

Did not even get to a supervisor today.

Although it does sound like there's a playback of sorts the reps reference. A kind of flow chart. A do this then this.

Maybe I'll have to tell them forget that. This is a new problem...

I did loose my cool a bit when Ryan did say that the solution was entirely happening and they can't do that.

Ah well tomorrow is a new day!
    wheresmys2 likes this.
    05-25-2016 04:59 PM
    I'm seriously done with this whole ordeal. I honestly don't even want the watch anymore. It is not worth the headache and the frustration. I was told by 2 reps online that I could take a copy of our chat transcripts to the store and they would give me my watch. They both said that they added a note to my account so I wouldnt have to explain myself all over again. Called my local store and got an EXTREMELY rude supervisor. He basically said I was a liar and there was nothing he could do. I'm done. Seriously thinking about canceling my service
    05-25-2016 05:19 PM
    05-25-2016 05:22 PM
    I'm seriously done with this whole ordeal. I honestly don't even want the watch anymore. It is not worth the headache and the frustration. I was told by 2 reps online that I could take a copy of our chat transcripts to the store and they would give me my watch. They both said that they added a note to my account so I wouldnt have to explain myself all over again. Called my local store and got an EXTREMELY rude supervisor. He basically said I was a liar and there was nothing he could do. I'm done. Seriously thinking about canceling my service
    So sorry. I told my husband the same thing today...' I don't even care about the watch anymore because after all I've gone through, it just represents frustration. Four weeks and hours of frustration ago, I would have been like a kid at Christmas.' I think I hate PrizeLogic. LOL
    05-25-2016 05:25 PM
    think i found a number for brightpoint. who wants to call and try it. i have screaming kids and cant
    Meesh7688 likes this.
    05-25-2016 05:59 PM
    status of all my 5 separate submission with 3 diff email id changed as below. Hope we should be getting it soon.

Submission Approved. Preparing for Shipment.

Shipping Date Estimate: Pending

Anyone else on the same
    wheresmys2 likes this.
    05-25-2016 06:31 PM
    think i found a number for brightpoint. who wants to call and try it. i have screaming kids and cant
    Did you check your status today? What does it say?
    05-25-2016 06:38 PM
    status of all my 5 separate submission with 3 diff email id changed as below. Hope we should be getting it soon.

Submission Approved. Preparing for Shipment.

Shipping Date Estimate: Pending

Anyone else on the same
    Same here, but it won't be the first, 2nd or 3rd time that it's changed.. hopefully all of the complaints and calls made to both VZ and PL are paying off.

wheresmys2 likes this.
    05-25-2016 06:40 PM
4,281 ... 117118119120121 ...