05-03-2017 07:33 PM
4,281 ... 121122123124125 ...
tools
    I along called samsung and Prize logic the day after I submitted minted and they said they drop the last number not to worry
    Made me laugh...that seems to be a tag line of theirs...'not to worry'....I've heard it a zillion times. When I called Samsung, the woman said it over & over...she would go check something (supposedly), then come back & say, 'no worries,' or 'you have no reason to worry,' etc. It really made me start to worry! LOL
    TammyH66 likes this.
    05-27-2016 06:10 AM
    For those that got tracking today did you get an email or did your status change with tracking on the promotion page
    No tracking email and my status still says Submission Approved. Preparing for Shipment. Shipping Date Estimate: Pending
    05-27-2016 06:30 AM
    Great! This is what I am worried abouthat! I just started fedex manager and I'm afraid it's not working right! I'm about to send myself a package through fedex to check and see if it is working. I swear if it gets stolen because they don't send me tracking number I'm going to be pissed!
    05-27-2016 06:38 AM
    I submitted on 3/16, didn't get approval till 4/27. Hounded PL relentlessly and finally gave up on them. Called Verizon on Monday and spoke to a rep & after explaining that it's been 10 weeks since I submitted, she submitted what she called an escalation form for her supervisor and said I'd get a call back in 2-3 days. I hadn't heard anything on Wednesday so I called back in. I got a real jerk on the phone who said the phone wasn't activated on the line I upgraded so I wouldn't get anything. (I used my daughter's line for the upgrade then used it on my line). I got furious and printed out my last year's payment history and device purchase history and went to my local Verizon store.

I spent 2 hours at the store with the manager. She called Samsung, who told her to call PL. PL told her that they couldn't even send watches right now because Samsung's stock was depleted and was having to make extras for our promotion (WTF?). The manager asked for a timeframe and they said they couldn't give one because they had no timeframe from Samsung. She then called Verizon Customer Care and they said they couldn't do anything with my account because the escalation form submitted on Monday was still in a "processing" state and they were unable to view it since it was created by tech support. So I left the store, furious of course.

I called tech support on my way home & got a really nice lady (Patty) and told her the whole story. She went through the T&C and asked about my submissions and I gave her the dates for my submission and approval and asked about what the escalation status was. I was under the impression from the jerk earlier that I was screwed. She said he had no bearing on it, he was just getting me off the phone (great huh!?). She then said "we're going to straighten this out right now. Which watch was it that you were supposed to get? There are 3 of them." I asked what 3 she had and she said the white/silver was unavailable (again, WTF?) but they had the black & the classic. I told her that the promotion was only for the black although I'd be willing to pay the difference for the classic. She said "well, since my supervisor has to approve it anyway, we may as well go for broke!" She put in the SKU for the classic but the system told her it was invalid! She put me on hold for a minute and came back to say that her supervisor had to enter the SKU as she wasn't authorized to do so, but that the supervisor did and gave me an order number!

Sure enough, within minutes the classic showed up under "my orders" and I got a Fedex shipment notification later that night. It's out for delivery today! They basically put in the order, then discounted it.

Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread:  please post whether you are successful ...-gear-s2-classic.jpg
    Cnicks and Aushoj like this.
    05-27-2016 06:54 AM
    Great! This is what I am worried abouthat! I just started fedex manager and I'm afraid it's not working right! I'm about to send myself a package through fedex to check and see if it is working. I swear if it gets stolen because they don't send me tracking number I'm going to be pissed!
    Call Fedex and give them your address and name. Even. If you do not have a tracking number they can tell you if something is coming your way. Don't waste the time sending yourself a package.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Wiseguy32 likes this.
    05-27-2016 07:07 AM
    Now prizelogic is telling Verizon that i will get it by the end of June!!! This is ridiculous I am a 3/9 submitter! So by time I get it it will be 4 months! F****** ridiculous.
    05-27-2016 10:25 AM
    Now prizelogic is telling Verizon that i will get it by the end of June!!! This is ridiculous I am a 3/9 submitter! So by time I get it it will be 4 months! F****** ridiculous.
    prizelogic math makes that 2.5 months. Remember that your submission don't mean **** until your real approval date (probably april 6).
    05-27-2016 11:15 AM
    And Verizon won't just give you a watch?
    05-27-2016 11:25 AM
    My Bluetooth watches are supposed to arrive today. I know it's an extremely long shot, but I think I will call verizon before I open them and see if they will exchange them for 3g models. I asked the rep if it was the 3g model offered in the promo and he confirmed that it was. But my Verizon order says Bluetooth sport.
    05-27-2016 11:27 AM
    prizelogic math makes that 2.5 months. Remember that your submission don't mean **** until your real approval date (probably april 6).
    true. but mine is the same and by my count 8 weeks is the 31st of this month so that's crap. also verizon made a claim ticket for me they said I would have a resolution in 5 to 7 business days. and that is the same as the 31st so hopefully they will give my two watches by then

05-27-2016 11:50 AM
    Nope Verizon won't give me anything. They won't help at all. I am sick of this. And my official approval is 4/6 according to them.
    05-27-2016 12:02 PM
    I should get my 3g model today. I'm pretty excited about it, but at the same time, beyond upset that it's taking so long to get these to us! 3/9 submitter and I got Verizon to send me one. (Just the Black sport 3G, not a Classic, the white/silver sport 3G was on backorder, and I wasn't waiting until June 30th for it to ship!)
    Cnicks likes this.
    05-27-2016 12:28 PM
    I just got my gear s2 from fedex an hour ago but my status still says Submission Approved. Preparing for Shipment. Shipping Date Estimate: Pending and surprise, surprise I didn't get an email with any tracking info or stating that it was shipped. The only way that I knew it was coming was thanks to fedex delivery manager. So 11 weeks later I did finally receive my watch I honestly didn't think that it was coming because it was taking so long and the run around that I've been getting from phone calls with prizelogic. So if you guys were approved I'm sure that its coming but prizelogic is just moving at their own speed.
    05-27-2016 02:10 PM
    Mine was just delivered as well (The one from Verizon).

Glad to see they are coming!! I hate that they aren't indicating anything to us to know they've shipped outside of us having to check a million places over and over.
    Cnicks likes this.
    05-27-2016 02:24 PM
    Congrats to all those receiving 'gifts' today! It's officially 11 wks since submission for me....and I got nuthin'. <Did I say that?> Samsung needs to get those new robots to work & get our watches to us. Samsung to use “smart factories” to replace human labor with high-precision robots
    (No insult to dogs or anyone suffering from butt pimples intended)
    TammyH66 likes this.
    05-27-2016 03:39 PM
    you need to get a life. browsing Android Central Whole day for a free watch will not get you anything. Go out and have fun, it's long weekend!
    05-27-2016 03:57 PM
    (Voluntarily changed to avoid conflict)....<Patting myself on the back>
    05-27-2016 04:01 PM
    Are they coming in a plain box or a Samsung box
    05-27-2016 04:08 PM
    brown cardboard box with normal white samsung retail packaging inside
    05-27-2016 04:11 PM
    no samsung info on outer box
    05-27-2016 04:12 PM
    And Verizon won't just give you a watch?
    Gee thanks, I just spit my Gatorade all over my desk LOL GIVE?

wheresmys2 likes this.
    05-27-2016 04:23 PM
    My Bluetooth watches are supposed to arrive today. I know it's an extremely long shot, but I think I will call verizon before I open them and see if they will exchange them for 3g models. I asked the rep if it was the 3g model offered in the promo and he confirmed that it was. But my Verizon order says Bluetooth sport.
    Mine came 3G and from what others have posted, so have theirs. Remember they make money if you activate the phone line, and samsung also encourages you to activate it, so I doubt it's just a Bluetooth device. Maybe I'm wrong but let's see what others have to offer...

05-27-2016 04:26 PM
    well he's getting his directly from big red not sammy, so we will have to wait and see
    05-27-2016 04:28 PM
    Are they coming in a plain box or a Samsung box
    FedEx box with a round presentation box inside with bubble padding in box. That's for the Gear S7 watch.

05-27-2016 04:31 PM
    It looks like I will not know what I am getting until Tuesday!! I hate FedEx so much. This happens every single time they ship something to me. I get home and there is no package, so I check FedEx Delivery Manager. "Customer not available or business closed". This is such bull. I put notes on both of my doors telling them to leave the packages and signed my name, even though a signature was not even required! This happened when I ordered my S7's as well.
    05-27-2016 05:22 PM
4,281 ... 121122123124125 ...