05-03-2017 07:33 PM
4,281 ... 133134135136137 ...
tools
    3/9 submitter for s2 at 7:29pm est.
    Still nothing.
    06-09-2016 07:52 AM
    He said that they asked BrightPoint to follow the order the submissions were received, but they can only ask & it's up to BrightPoint .
    IF PL did not include the T&C's as a requirement in the contract they issued to Brightpoint, they are not very good at business. Every company I have ever worked for would put penalty clauses in their contracts to insure they are followed correctly.
    wheresmys2 and Aushoj like this.
    06-09-2016 07:55 AM
    IF PL did not include the T&C's as a requirement in the contract they issued to Brightpoint, they are not very good at business. Every company I have ever worked for would put penalty clauses in their contracts to insure they are followed correctly.
    When the manager at PL called me he told me that Brightpoint was not their shipping company it was Samsungs. Who know everyone keeps passing the buck. The whole promotion was not done right. How is it that a person who submitted on 3/25 received their watch on 4/22 but there are still people who submitted on 3/9 and have nothing? That is terrible and it is great if we all get our watches but some of us wasted lots of time calling PL/Samsung/Verizon and writing to make sure this happens. They should waive the activation fee and give us people who waited over 12 weeks free service for the watch for a year. It wont happen but it would be nice.
    mikeyt99 likes this.
    06-09-2016 08:10 AM
    I got a label in FDM

Wed 6/08/2016
    BRIGHTPOINT C/O TIME WARNER
    TRAFFIC DEPARTMENT
    501 AIRTECH PKWY
    PLAINFIELD, IN US 461687408
    Scheduled delivery:
    Fri 6/10/2016 by end of day

Weight1.6 lbs / 0.73 kgs
    TermsNot Available
    PackagingPackage
    ServiceFedEx Home Delivery
    Total pieces1

I am sure if I have one, the rest of my friends (I hope it is ok I use that word) on here will receive one .

My fingers are crossed that we all actually get them by next week. BTW 3/11 submit, 3/13 approved, 4/7 Letter for 2 watches.
    congrats friend. all our dates except for submission date 3/10 are the same no label yet. at least one early submitters is getting theirs which is a good sign

Posted via the Android Central App
    TammyH66 and wheresmys2 like this.
    06-09-2016 08:14 AM
    Thanks for the Google Doc Link, It's handy to see data in that format. That said 87 people from one thread? Lord only knows how many people this is effecting. Repasting Link. Otherwise people have to dig. Thank you JJenkins2005 I assume?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...=2&pli=1#gid=0
    wheresmys2 likes this.
    06-09-2016 08:26 AM
    I went Crazy this week and Posted on Samsung site, wrote Samsung Corporate and Prize Logic Corporate telling them that I was going to make a complaint against them with the BBB and that I also was going to get in touch with my local NYC news outlets like "shame on you" about how messed up this promotion is and how they are not following their own terms and condtions. Both companies actually contacted me and Samsung told me they were going to research what is going on. According to the letter I got from Samsung:

Hey, Tammy! Thank you so much for the patience you have had while we await a response from our promotions team. We have received word that the shipments have been requested through the fulfillment company. It looks like they are expecting a delivery on Friday to fulfill the remaining orders. Once there is tracking information available, it will show up here: https://promos.samsungpromotions.com/info/checkstatus and you will be emailed that same information. We hope this information helps you. Thanks for letting us look into this for you! If you need anything else, please let us know. Thanks and have a great day! ^Kim

Hopefully Kim is being honest and everyone who is waiting will have a label and get it next week. I am happy I have a label and movement but I really want all of us who have been waiting to get them.
    wheresmys2 likes this.
    06-09-2016 08:39 AM
    submitted 3/9 Still no change on promotion status or FDM
    06-09-2016 08:57 AM
    Thanks for the Google Doc Link, It's handy to see data in that format. That said 87 people from one thread? Lord only knows how many people this is effecting.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...=2&pli=1#gid=0
    I agree. I was wondering about the original 35000 Gear S2 Verizon submitters & how many this forum actually represents...maybe less than 1%? Wonder if PL will say how many Gear S2 submissions were actually approved? If the original 35,000 were taken in the first week, would it have doubled by the end of the promo? Inquiring minds want to know,
    mikeyt99 likes this.
    06-09-2016 09:09 AM
    Still nothing for me as well. Lets hope their "Friday delivery" is correct and people start to receive their items!!!
    wheresmys2 likes this.
    06-09-2016 09:22 AM
    Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread:  please post whether you are successful ...-band-adapter.png

If I had a watch, I would definitely order one of these. I've had my custom watch face made & waiting for weeks. Congrats to those who are getting their watches shipped!!!
    TammyH66, mikeyt99 and dsandman87 like this.
    06-09-2016 09:31 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	band adapter.png 
Views:	101 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	229722

If I had a watch, I would definitely order one of these. I've had my custom watch face made & waiting for weeks. Congrats to those who are getting their watches shipped!!!
    I've been looking at the adapters as well. I wonder why these aren't available here in the states? Does samsung hate us?
    TammyH66 likes this.
    06-09-2016 09:34 AM
    Are the watches something you didn't want? I should be getting the VR's but its what I selected so I'm hoping everything is accurate.
    No I wanted to the watches. As someone indicated below there have been people in the same situation who selected watches at got VRs. I'll followup but dubious about any help they can provide.
    06-09-2016 09:35 AM
    I've been looking at the adapters as well. I wonder why these aren't available here in the states? Does samsung hate us?
    I found a place that will ship to the US. https://www.sotel.de/en/Handyzubehoe...aram=gear%20s2
    Others have said it arrives within a week. I keep putting it in my cart, but I don't want to complete the order until I know I'm getting a watch. Arrgghhh!
    Aushoj, mikeyt99 and dsandman87 like this.
    06-09-2016 09:56 AM
    I wonder if there is an app for the S2 that shows manufacturing date like there is one for the S7 (phone info for samsung)... to check out the story about waiting for Samsung to make more watches. It would be interesting to add the manufacturing date to the spreadsheet.
    wheresmys2 and Aushoj like this.
    06-09-2016 10:04 AM
    I just got a phone call from Verizon Corporate regarding my 7 page certified letter I sent them about how I am disappointed in Verizon and how poorly I have been treated by certain Verizon supervisors. The Verizon executive offered to send me the 2 watches from Verizon, but I said no. I did not want to be a pig, now knowing that I have a label and it is suppose to be shipped tomorrow. Am I crazy for saying No? He did say he will call me back tomorrow to see if it actually shipped and I told him if it did Verizon should do something else for all my trouble. We will see what happens.
    06-09-2016 10:27 AM
    I just got a phone call from Verizon Corporate regarding my 7 page certified letter I sent them about how I am disappointed in Verizon and how poorly I have been treated by certain Verizon supervisors. The Verizon executive offered to send me the 2 watches from Verizon, but I said no. I did not want to be a pig, now knowing that I have a label and it is suppose to be shipped tomorrow. Am I crazy for saying No? He did say he will call me back tomorrow to see if it actually shipped and I told him if it did Verizon should do something else for all my trouble. We will see what happens.
    As a former wireless agent I think each situation is different. I think it's good on you that you're accepting the initial gifts and not taking more than you need - although fair compensation is difficult to sort out here unless we know who to blame.

I've gone back and forth with the idea myself of escalating the issue but in the end all of the information I was given turned out to be accurate. Both Samsung and PrizeLogic told me in mid-May I'd be looking at getting my orders in early June. I already get a corporate discount through my employer on the bill and I couldn't prove that it was Verizon that caused the delay.

When I get both of my VR's I will give them a quick call and see if I can swap one out for a watch, even if it means paying the difference. The intended birthdays for which I wanted them have since come and gone so it's worth a shot. I won't lose sleep over it though if they deny it.
    All in all I'm happy someone got back with you, but I'm just as impressed that you pushed the issue without giving an inch. It's people that stand their ground firmly but respectfully that will move things in the right direction.
    06-09-2016 10:33 AM
    "They should waive the activation fee and give us people who waited over 12 weeks free service for the watch for a year."
    06-09-2016 10:36 AM
    "They should waive the activation fee and give us people who waited over 12 weeks free service for the watch for a year."
    That is what I said in an earlier post...lets see what happens.
    06-09-2016 10:57 AM
    As a former wireless agent I think each situation is different. I think it's good on you that you're accepting the initial gifts and not taking more than you need - although fair compensation is difficult to sort out here unless we know who to blame.

I've gone back and forth with the idea myself of escalating the issue but in the end all of the information I was given turned out to be accurate. Both Samsung and PrizeLogic told me in mid-May I'd be looking at getting my orders in early June. I already get a corporate discount through my employer on the bill and I couldn't prove that it was Verizon that caused the delay.

When I get both of my VR's I will give them a quick call and see if I can swap one out for a watch, even if it means paying the difference. The intended birthdays for which I wanted them have since come and gone so it's worth a shot. I won't lose sleep over it though if they deny it.
    All in all I'm happy someone got back with you, but I'm just as impressed that you pushed the issue without giving an inch. It's people that stand their ground firmly but respectfully that will move things in the right direction.
    My issue with Verizon Wireless was not just this promo, I had multiple things happen since I came to Verizon Wireless with my 4 lines on 3/11. I was lied to on multiple occasions from Verizon reps regarding many issues. Some promised to follow up and call me back and never did so I had to call again and go thru the whole situation again. The worst was a Verizon Supervisor told me that she was sending me the watches just waiting for approval and days later she calls me and gives me an order number that did not exist. When I emailed while I was on the phone with Verizon's order dept telling me there is no such order, she emails me back saying tell them to click on a link there is an order. She then eventually stopped replying (but I had her emails as proof). It was not nice to lied to. Eventuall I got higher up supervisor at Verizon tell me to wait until May 31 (which was a few weeks away) and if I do not get them by then she will call me that day and do something. Needless to say she did not call me on May 31st, even after I emailed her. Days later she calls me and says, they are backordered and Prize Logic says I will get them eventually. Is that doing something? I have asked to talk to supervisors bosses they have said no, etc. This is just a tip of the iceberg with what I have gone thru with Verizon, that is why I had to write corporate and send a certified letter. So it really wasn't about the watches with Verizon it was about how I have been treated. I had other issues besides the watches and have spent over 20 hours on the phone with Verizon Wireless...my time has to be worth something.
    06-09-2016 11:07 AM
    I agree. I was wondering about the original 35000 Gear S2 Verizon submitter's & how many this forum actually represents...maybe less than 1%? Wonder if PL will say how many Gear S2 submissions were actually approved? If the original 35,000 were taken in the first week, would it have doubled by the end of the promo? Inquiring minds want to know,
    Let's assume that 100 people are in this thread representing that 1%. Given the information on the Google Doc approximately 30 people have received their items. Lets be kind and give them 40% "item delivered" percentage. They claim the 35000 watches were claimed in a week. Let's assume that in totality we are looking at 60000 S2 orders. Now the Google Doc is taking both VR and S2 into account. So to be fair we will drop this down to 50000 overall orders given the S2's make the majority of it, and to intentionally skew it in their favor.

If 100 users represents 1% that would automatically assume approximately 10000 people are being effected by this. And of those 10000 approximately 4000 have received their items after originally having trouble.

Which would be 20% of all of their orders using the conservative number of 50000 S2 orders are having problems, and they have only helped maybe 1/3 of that 20%.

Yikes?
    wheresmys2 likes this.
    06-09-2016 11:39 AM
    I couldn't prove that it was Verizon that caused the delay.
    Hey thanks! You can't prove it, but I have enough anecdotal evidence to assign fault. (when they reopened the promo after closing it)
    06-09-2016 12:12 PM
    I found a place that will ship to the US. https://www.sotel.de/en/Handyzubehoe...aram=gear%20s2
    Others have said it arrives within a week. I keep putting it in my cart, but I don't want to complete the order until I know I'm getting a watch. Arrgghhh!
    Thank you for sharing the link, I am going to save it and hope they make these available in the U.S. soon. Even with the decline in the value of the EURO that €24.43 would be about $28 and then most credit card companies charge a foreign currency fee, so I think it is a little high. But as much as I hate the plastic band that came on the watch I might eventually bite the bullet and order it.
    06-09-2016 12:31 PM
    Even with the decline in the value of the EURO that €24.43 would be about $28 and then most credit card companies charge a foreign currency fee, so I think it is a little high. But as much as I hate the plastic band that came on the watch I might eventually bite the bullet and order it.
    The total order was going to be about $44 USD including shipping, VAT, fees. One of the sights wanted $19.99 just to ship. Yikes! Anyway, as soon as I see a little box on it's way to me, I'm ordering one. Someone, somewhere on the Internets said it would be around $36 here, so it didn't seem like a huge difference.
    Question: Samsung is sending the shipment of S2s this Friday, or next Friday?
    Update: The IngramMicro rep told me he couldn't help me. That I should contact BrightPoint. I asked for specific contact info. Let's see if I get it...
    mikeyt99 likes this.
    06-09-2016 12:50 PM
    I know Amazon has a slim selection of bands available. Most shipping from over seas, but I found one that I love at the moment and it qualified for Prime, so I had it in 2 days...and it only cost $15. Just a suggestion. (I also hated the black plain band, and this newer one is softer and more pliable.)
    mikeyt99 likes this.
    06-09-2016 12:54 PM
    My issue with Verizon Wireless was not just this promo, I had multiple things happen since I came to Verizon Wireless with my 4 lines on 3/11. I was lied to on multiple occasions from Verizon reps regarding many issues. Some promised to follow up and call me back and never did so I had to call again and go thru the whole situation again. The worst was a Verizon Supervisor told me that she was sending me the watches just waiting for approval and days later she calls me and gives me an order number that did not exist. When I emailed while I was on the phone with Verizon's order dept telling me there is no such order, she emails me back saying tell them to click on a link there is an order. She then eventually stopped replying (but I had her emails as proof). It was not nice to lied to. Eventuall I got higher up supervisor at Verizon tell me to wait until May 31 (which was a few weeks away) and if I do not get them by then she will call me that day and do something. Needless to say she did not call me on May 31st, even after I emailed her. Days later she calls me and says, they are backordered and Prize Logic says I will get them eventually. Is that doing something? I have asked to talk to supervisors bosses they have said no, etc. This is just a tip of the iceberg with what I have gone thru with Verizon, that is why I had to write corporate and send a certified letter. So it really wasn't about the watches with Verizon it was about how I have been treated. I had other issues besides the watches and have spent over 20 hours on the phone with Verizon Wireless...my time has to be worth something.
    I apologize.

I wasn't trying to say you weren't justified in your actions, just that I was trying to use full disclosure in that as a former agent who currently gets a discount my frustration was probably not as great as yours. I'm not implying yours isn't warranted in the least, but after a few years of seeing how these things play out you tend to get a little numb around them.
    My units were originally scheduled to be here by the end of the day but now reflect a Friday delivery. I'll just have to hold out hope that FedEx delivers (no pun intended) on their initial delivery windows.
    06-09-2016 01:25 PM
4,281 ... 133134135136137 ...