Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
not sure what this tell us ...

new promo s2.JPG

Samsung changed the promo page today for Verizon submissions...... new terms and exceptions

and the terms and conditions have been revised as of March 19th...... extended from March 31 to Apr 15......
---------------------------------------------------------
"4. GIFT DETAILS: *Terms and Conditions amended March 19, 2016 to reflect initial supply of
300,000 Gear VR and 35,000 Gear S2 outlined below have been claimed and to provide an
alternative Gift option in lieu of delayed Gift delivery (see below). "
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Revised Terms and Conditions as of March 19, 2016
SAMSUNG GEAR VR OFFER
TERMS AND CONDITIONS"

They didn't make this notation the first time they changed the terms after March 4th when they altered quantities available for promo... but now it is in red right on top of page.

--------------------------------------------------

"No more than 300,000 Gear VRs are available in this Offer. Gifts are available for a limited
time, while supplies last, on a first-come, first-served basis. Gear VRs or Gear S2s claimed
on or before March 18, 2016, may be sent within approximately six to eight weeks after
verification of Offer Claim Form, but in some cases, it may take longer for delivery (some
items may not deliver until approximately May, 2016 based on item availability).
Eligible Participants who submit a valid Offer Claim Form after March 18, 2016, will have the
option to either:
i) Participate as set forth in Section 3, understanding that Gifts for Offer Claim
Forms received on or after March 19, 2016 may not be sent to Participants
until June, 2016 or later.
ii) Alternatively, due to more Gifts being available in the Offer than
initially stated in these Terms and Conditions, in order to avoid
expected delayed Gift delivery, a Participant may submit an Offer
Claim Form as set forth in Section 3 and follow the on-screen
instructions to claim a $100 Samsung.com one-time use Reward
eCertificate (“Reward eCertificate”) in lieu of the Gift described above.
A Participant cannot receive both the Gift and a Reward eCertificate.
The Reward eCertificate will be sent to Participants to the email address
provided when submitting their Offer Claim Forms within approximately two
weeks after verification of Offer Claim Forms (please note verification can
take approximately four to six weeks). If a Participant selects to receive a
Reward eCertificate instead of waiting for a Gear VR, he/she will not receive
the Oculus Content described below – the Reward eCertificate is in lieu of
the Gear VR and Oculus Content. Reward eCertificate valid at
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...A%2F%2Fwww.Samsung.com%2Fus%2F&token=pERXSn7T for use towards a new purchase. Reward eCertificate
valid April 11, 2016 through July 1, 2016. Reward eCertificate is a one-time
use certificate; using the eCertificate as payment for an order with a value of
less than $100 will result in the forfeiture of any amount in excess of the
value of the order. Reward eCertificate may only be used to pay for the
products being purchased, and may not be used to pay for sales tax or
shipping charges. Reward eCertificates may not be used to pay for major
appliances, or any other product not sold directly on Samsung.com through
DR GlobalTech, an Authorized Samsung Reseller. Reward eCertificates
cannot be used for TVs and/or Digital Audio/Video products that fall under
Samsung’s Unilateral Pricing Policy. Reward eCertificates have no cash
value. Reward eCertificates may only be used for purchases on
Samsung.com, and may not be used at any other retailer. "

--------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

Nikkiekoala

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I had to submit online for the vr. I got my phone last weekend when tmobile had their BOGO. We did the bogo and tmobile submitted that info. They weren't sure if we would qualify for the vr deal or not. I'm thinking we may qualify since the bogo was submitted thru tmobile and the vr was submitted thru Samsung. I guess time will tell. I'm thinking about 6-8 weeks.

Posted via the Android Central App

ashmouth

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Did anyone do the math on the money spent on Verizon bogo? I don't need a new line but if it's cheaper in the long run I may add one for the 6 months to grab the free phone. And would you be able to swap the phone to another number that's already active?

dryja123

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
@ashmouth: Correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding of the BOGO promotion is that Verizon issues you the hardware and then issues you a statement credit for 24 months. If you break the terms of the agreement the balance of the BOGO phone becomes due.

ashmouth

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
@ashmouth: Correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding of the BOGO promotion is that Verizon issues you the hardware and then issues you a statement credit for 24 months. If you break the terms of the agreement the balance of the BOGO phone becomes due.

The bogo goes through Samsung, you get a visa gift card for the amount of the phone. Line has to be active for 6 months. Just ordered my second one, I called and talked with everyone and have it all in writing so I'm getting it one way or the other lol

Mrfluffyman102

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
I just tried to check my status and it says I don't have claim associated with my email. I submitted on the 10th around noon. WTF. I haven't received any further information besides my initial confirmation email.

Edit: figured out the issue. My phone was adding a space after my email which was causing the system to not recognize it. I also have fulfillment pending. So for everyone checking their status make sure you don't have any additional spaces added after your email.

Posted via the Android Central App

Mine does the same thing but i didnt have the space and it still says theres no email with a submission

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
The bogo goes through Samsung, you get a visa gift card for the amount of the phone. Line has to be active for 6 months. Just ordered my second one, I called and talked with everyone and have it all in writing so I'm getting it one way or the other lol

so what is the math on the BOGO deal then... you only pay $20 a month for 6 months on new line and then cancel and switch device to existing line..... $120 plus taxes)....... with the vzw 14 day return policy, is that 14 days from the day the device was delivered or 14 days from the day it was shipped?

coreynjoey

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
So those wanting the vr headset it might be faster going for the $100 offer and order it from Samsung. They have free shipping on orders over $50, but you'll probably have to pay tax. Might be worth it if you don't want to wait so long for it.

SJSharks21

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
Mine does the same thing but i didnt have the space and it still says theres no email with a submission

Think of it like a password, characters must match. I had the same problem until I realized my phone auto capitalized the first letter of my email address when I entered it for the promo redemption.

Last edited:

ashmouth

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
so what is the math on the BOGO deal then... you only pay $20 a month for 6 months on new line and then cancel and switch device to existing line..... $120 plus taxes)....... with the vzw 14 day return policy, is that 14 days from the day the device was delivered or 14 days from the day it was shipped?

That's the way I'm reading it, but it's just the line you need active, so if you switch it to another line as long as there is a smartphone on that line should be all good.

jake11584

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
Just to clarify, are we supposed to resubmit our claim to be put on the delayed shipment list or are our original submissions still valid? Mine still says fullfilment pending.

rsbenedict

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone else received this error when submitting for the T-Mobile Promo?

Oops, something went wrong.

There was an error attempting to contact the server.

Please contact customer support for assistance.

REFRESH THE PAGE

Prize Logic support takes DAYS and never address the issue. They give me a solution to a problem that I didn't describe and it's extremely frustrating!

Braidlee

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
When I submitted my info for my free VR on March 9th I did not see an offer for a $100 gift card. I submitted my receipt, and all required information to receive the free VR that Samsung was offering to all folks that preordered their S7s. After checking in on the promotions page Samsung has set up and noticing the 'updates' to the fine print, I've decided to order my VR and pay for it myself. I noticed today that shipping of the promotional "free" VRs has been pushed back to "May and potentially summer of 2016". The $100.00 won't break me. Not sure if it's too late to change my submission form from VR to $100 gift but at this point, I'm pretty discouraged into making any extra effort in pursuing any kind of 'free offer' from Samsung. I enjoy my S7 and the service I receive from US Cellular is what it should be. But somewhere along the line, someone dropped the ball with this "Free VR offer". I still expect to receive my VR..... someday..... and I will provide feedback where/when it is appropriate. And yes, for what it's worth, I never expected my free VR to arrive any earlier than the 4 to 6 week timeframe that was originally quoted from Samsung.

Last edited:

flatstick96

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
Your ability or lack of ability to submit for S2 does not make sense. They base it on the LOC code... I'm assuming you were either not using the correct link that has S2 and VR or .... -- good for you that you found a rep who was clueless as well but in a good way.

I was using the correct link (it was right on Verizon's site, though it's gone now that the promotion is over). Back when I tried to submit, the site that the Verizon link sent me to had a drop down list on the landing page, where you had to choose between (and I'm paraphrasing slightly here) "online/phone", or "in-store". If you chose the "online/phone" option, then the next page would let you choose between an S2 and a VR, but if you chose "in-store" from the drop down list, the next page didn't give you a choice - it just said you would get the VR,

Regardless, I'm glad I found a Verizon CSR who was willing to take care of it for me without having to hassle with Samsung or their 3rd party promotion administrator. It's possible that the reason she was so accommodating is because I connected to the chat directly through the Verizon Business portal - I really don't know whether Verizon, internally, handles business accounts differently than they do personal accounts.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
So those wanting the vr headset it might be faster going for the $100 offer and order it from Samsung. They have free shipping on orders over $50, but you'll probably have to pay tax. Might be worth it if you don't want to wait so long for it.

you'll lose out on the app bundle they are offering it looks like if you go that route though

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazyload03