05-03-2017 07:33 PM
4,281 ... 140141142143144 ...
tools
    My parents got one for their S7 and they just gave it to me. Another reason I hope I actually get the right gift (S2's). I don't even need the one let alone THREE...
    Sign those watches and sell it on Amazon lol
    06-14-2016 10:54 PM
    I got some good news about my Gear VR today.

I guess the Australian Samsung team are faster cause I only got my phone on the 26th of May. Hopefully all of you in America get your products sooner
    Attached Thumbnails Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread:  please post whether you are successful ...-1465965274558.jpg  
    06-14-2016 11:34 PM
    My parents got one for their S7 and they just gave it to me. Another reason I hope I actually get the right gift (S2's). I don't even need the one let alone THREE...
    Send me one! Lol, kidding. Hope everything works out!
    06-14-2016 11:43 PM
    Sign those watches and sell it on Amazon lol
    No, I didn't graduate from BHS! I live in the Midwest haha
    06-14-2016 11:44 PM
    I seen where somebody had a 1.6lb package that said it was two vrs. I have a package that is 2.7lbs and it's 15x10x9" that is sapose to be two gear s2 watches but I am feeling that is it vrs. I don't want vrs so I don't know what to do. Will be delivered tomorrow. Registered 3-12-2016 approval email 3-29-2016 lable created 6-12-2016. Wtf prizelogsuc.
    06-14-2016 11:57 PM
    I seen where somebody had a 1.6lb package that said it was two vrs. I have a package that is 2.7lbs and it's 15x10x9" that is sapose to be two gear s2 watches but I am feeling that is it vrs. I don't want vrs so I don't know what to do. Will be delivered tomorrow. Registered 3-12-2016 approval email 3-29-2016 lable created 6-12-2016. Wtf prizelogsuc.
    I have the same weight and expected gift. Original delivery was scheduled today but FDM updated it to tomorrow. Another poster had the same weight expecting S2's and they ended up being VR's... I'd probably go ahead and try and get in touch with PL because some have had luck with PL saying they'd send them a prepaid shipping label to the get the gifts swapped. On the other side of the coin, they may claim the "location code" excuse and basically you're screwed as far as any resolution from PL...
    06-15-2016 08:13 AM
    I just got another box from brightpoint delivered and it was indeed my 2 S2 watches. This was an overnight package the weighed 2.0 lbs. So today I got one package FedEx home delivery weighing 1.6 lbs with Vrs and a couple of hours later another package that was overnight weighing 2.0lbs with 2 S2 watches.

The only thing I can think of with all my complaints and getting hold of someone at samsung and a manager at prize logic they realized they sent out the wrong thing and overnighted the right thing. This whole thing is crazy. Funny thing is I bought a VR for my son back in March.
    So weird!

Another package from Brightpoint., So that means Brightpoint can be reached...cause they found the mistake and then fixed it.
    06-15-2016 09:00 AM
    So weird!

Another package from Brightpoint., So that means Brightpoint can be reached...cause they found the mistake and then fixed it.
    Here is the complete story so I think it was last Wed morning I saw a label created for me finally (submitted 3/11 for 2 S2's) the weight was 1.6lbs said it would be delivered by Friday..I assumed it was my 2 watches since as someone stated before .9 + .9 + box should equal about 1.6lbs. There was no movement until Friday 6/10 (obviously not delivered by Friday) and then the delivery changed to Tuesday 6/14. When I checked FDM that day and finally saw movement I saw another Label created from Brightpoint for an overnight delivery and it said it was created on 6/9 and will be delivered on 6/10. I was surprised but it just said initiated for days and had no movement. My husband said that maybe the Prize logic Manage or Samsung Manger called Bridgepoint as they said they would and told them to overnight mine but then Brightpoint realized they processed mine already so they only created a Label and realized it was sent already. I didn't think much of it because I was excited that the other shipment was moving and i was going to finally end this process after 3 months and get my 2 S2's.

The box came on Tuesday it was a big box (I knew right then something was wrong). I opened it and inside were the 2 VRs that I did not want or order (I already purchased one back in March). I was upset. BTW the box weighed more then 1.6 lbs but FDM s still said 1.6lbs when I went back and checked. Then to my surprise a couple of hours later another Fed Ex truck comes when I was outside and hands me a much smaller box and in it was my 2 S2 watches. That delivery weight said 2lbs and I will tell your also it was not 2lbs. The only little complaint I have was the nice little round boxes the watches are in are a little dirty and one is a little beat up. But I really can not complain. I do not know why or how Bridgepoint knew they sent out the wrong thing and resent the right one or if it was just a fluke. I will eventually get hold of Prizelogic and send back the Gear VR's, maybe it will take 4 months but they have to go thru my different steps of caring. LOL.
    Aushoj likes this.
    06-15-2016 09:38 AM
    Here is the complete story so I think it was last Wed morning I saw a label created for me finally (submitted 3/11 for 2 S2's) the weight was 1.6lbs said it would be delivered by Friday..I assumed it was my 2 watches since as someone stated before .9 + .9 + box should equal about 1.6lbs. There was no movement until Friday 6/10 (obviously not delivered by Friday) and then the delivery changed to Tuesday 6/14. When I checked FDM that day and finally saw movement I saw another Label created from Brightpoint for an overnight delivery and it said it was created on 6/9 and will be delivered on 6/10. I was surprised but it just said initiated for days and had no movement. My husband said that maybe the Prize logic Manage or Samsung Manger called Bridgepoint as they said they would and told them to overnight mine but then Brightpoint realized they processed mine already so they only created a Label and realized it was sent already. I didn't think much of it because I was excited that the other shipment was moving and i was going to finally end this process after 3 months and get my 2 S2's.

The box came on Tuesday it was a big box (I knew right then something was wrong). I opened it and inside were the 2 VRs that I did not want or order (I already purchased one back in March). I was upset. BTW the box weighed more then 1.6 lbs but FDM s still said 1.6lbs when I went back and checked. Then to my surprise a couple of hours later another Fed Ex truck comes when I was outside and hands me a much smaller box and in it was my 2 S2 watches. That delivery weight said 2lbs and I will tell your also it was not 2lbs. The only little complaint I have was the nice little round boxes the watches are in are a little dirty and one is a little beat up. But I really can not complain. I do not know why or how Bridgepoint knew they sent out the wrong thing and resent the right one or if it was just a fluke. I will eventually get hold of Prizelogic and send back the Gear VR's, maybe it will take 4 months but they have to go thru my different steps of caring. LOL.
    After having to wait this long and go through all the trouble you did, you should just return them as "gifts" for $200 store credit somewhere... lol
    TammyH66 likes this.
    06-15-2016 10:06 AM
    I will eventually get hold of Prizelogic and send back the Gear VR's, maybe it will take 4 months but they have to go thru my different steps of caring. LOL.
    take 4 months and send them back a official Samsung branded phone case instead,

So the watches where dirty and beat up? Super weird. was there any previous user data on it?

I work for a company that makes "stuff" and we have demo units of various production lines that we send out to prospective buyers to try out and send back. I wonder if thats the case for Samsung.

That there is a few people at Samsung USA in the marketing division whose job is it to send out demo products to reviewers (ala youtubers websites ect)

and you got a couple of demo watches.

Id write them another nasty e-mail telling them about the shotty condition of the product. and ask them how oh how that you got those VRs too, was it really the case of them being so disorganized?
    TammyH66 likes this.
    06-15-2016 10:16 AM
    take 4 months and send them back a official Samsung branded phone case instead,

So the watches where dirty and beat up? Super weird. was there any previous user data on it?

I work for a company that makes "stuff" and we have demo units of various production lines that we send out to prospective buyers to try out and send back. I wonder if thats the case for Samsung.

That there is a few people at Samsung USA in the marketing division whose job is it to send out demo products to reviewers (ala youtubers websites ect)

and you got a couple of demo watches.

Id write them another nasty e-mail telling them about the shotty condition of the product. and ask them how oh how that you got those VRs too, was it really the case of them being so disorganized?
    The watches seem fine and new, it was the boxes one was a little dirty and the other a little beat up, but it could be the way it was packed not as good as the VR. I do not know if I have the energy to complain anymore. Funny thing is though when we started this process the watches were selling betwen $249-$300 that is why they had a $300 value....not they are selling at Verizon for $200 each.
    06-15-2016 10:25 AM
    The watches seem fine and new, it was the boxes one was a little dirty and the other a little beat up, but it could be the way it was packed not as good as the VR. I do not know if I have the energy to complain anymore. Funny thing is though when we started this process the watches were selling betwen $249-$300 that is why they had a $300 value....not they are selling at Verizon for $200 each.

with a 2 year contract and $40 activation fee.... and they are over priced at that price point even, i don't know if it was just the anticipation of getting the watch or the waiting so long to get it but now that i have it, I'm not impressed... hardly worth the wait, definitely not worth the price although ymmv
    wheresmys2 and TammyH66 like this.
    06-15-2016 10:32 AM
    Maybe they sent the VRs to make up the difference? Lol
    TammyH66 likes this.
    06-15-2016 10:33 AM
    Ah well if the watches where good… then yeah be happy!

The boxes where beat up and dirty… I wonder if they were lost and hidden from view at the Brightpoint warehouse because they slipped behind something. Ah well speculation.

Too bad about the value loss…Jesus that’s how long this promo is taking(for some of us)

I wonder if that will effect somebody negation of those e-certs with Prizelogic when they get VRs instead of S2s
    06-15-2016 10:34 AM
    with a 2 year contract and $40 activation fee.... and they are over priced at that price point even, i don't know if it was just the anticipation of getting the watch or the waiting so long to get it but now that i have it, I'm not impressed... hardly worth the wait, definitely not worth the price although ymmv
    I completely agree
    06-15-2016 10:59 AM
    I agree. 2 year contract would be a deal breaker. That was why I only wanted the bluetooth version.
    06-15-2016 11:23 AM
    I did not know you have to sign up for a 2 year contract....why is that? I thought there are no more contracts. My phones are not in contract.
    06-15-2016 11:30 AM
    An unexpected package arrived - it is Gear VR instead of Gear S2. But person on PL Facebook says I will received S2 but have to wait because newly inventory of Gear S2 and Gear VR haven't arrived at Samsung Contract Company. So, should I tell them I got Gear VR and swap me with Gear S2 or should I wait couple more days? He/She said that PL will update me with information next mid-week. I am tried of calling PL a) millions hour waiting to talk to agent b) same answer received when I called them 3 times.
    06-15-2016 11:37 AM
    I did not know you have to sign up for a 2 year contract....why is that? I thought there are no more contracts. My phones are not in contract.
    I bought S7 Edge in contract [waited 2 months because 1st month I got free service because the lady I talk to on VZW applied $100 credit because I got rejected for Gear S2 offer ]
    So end up paying full price of the phone and $28 dollars for service.
    06-15-2016 11:41 AM
    An unexpected package arrived - it is Gear VR instead of Gear S2. But person on PL Facebook says I will received S2 but have to wait because newly inventory of Gear S2 and Gear VR haven't arrived at Samsung Contract Company. So, should I tell them I got Gear VR and swap me with Gear S2 or should I wait couple more days? He/She said that PL will update me with information next mid-week. I am tried of calling PL a) millions hour waiting to talk to agent b) same answer received when I called them 3 times.
    Start the process today, since it will probably take 4-6 weeks (plus 2 weeks for approval, plus 2 weeks for audit, plus 2-4 weeks for incompetence.
    mikeyt99 likes this.
    06-15-2016 11:42 AM
    An unexpected package arrived - it is Gear VR instead of Gear S2. But person on PL Facebook says I will received S2 but have to wait because newly inventory of Gear S2 and Gear VR haven't arrived at Samsung Contract Company.
    I'm still trying to understand how people are getting Gear S2s delivered to them if Not-So-BrightPoint doesn't have the new shipments of inventory? Once again, it appears that PL is making up stories to fit whatever scenario they are discussing at the moment. Someone on FB posted that they received the box factory sealed with all the accessories and no watch inside! How awful is that? At this point, I'm willing to wait if it gets me the correct item before I'm too old to learn to use it.
    mikeyt99 likes this.
    06-15-2016 11:45 AM
    but you paid full price for the phones,, that's why no contract..... the $200 deal isn't "so called" full price hence the 2 year contract, and yes verizon still does contracts but typically through places like best buy.... although it works out to be pretty much the same price in the end because they charge more for the line fee.... all a big scam in the end nothing new
    06-15-2016 11:56 AM
    Who is still waiting for a gift who haven't got anything yet?
    06-15-2016 12:33 PM
    Just got home for lunch, nothing on my door step. Nothing in fdm. No email. No gear s2.
    06-15-2016 12:47 PM
    VR is expected, but not yet received. FDM shows something moving, so should have "it" on Thursday.
    06-15-2016 12:49 PM
4,281 ... 140141142143144 ...