05-03-2017 07:33 PM
4,281 ... 141142143144145 ...
tools
    Submitted for three Gear S2 on 3/9, initial approval 3/12, second approval email 4/7, still nothing. Many calls to Price Logic/Verizon/Samsung, keep being told to wait a little longer.... At this point, I don't expect to receive anything and will definitely think twice before buying any more of Samsung's products. This whole experience has severely damaged their image as a company as far as I am concerned.
    wheresmys2 and Aushoj like this.
    06-15-2016 01:23 PM
    My first full day and i am not sure if the wait was worth it....

Yea, i am sure i have been playing with it a bit more than a typical person would because it is the first day, but....the battery is dead in 10 hours.
    Up Down likes this.
    06-15-2016 01:45 PM
    Still waiting, submitted 3/9 nothing in fdm
    06-15-2016 02:12 PM
    so my ordeal is over i hope everyone gets theirs soon! im never doing another promotion like this if it involves these companies. good luck friends

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread:  please post whether you are successful ...-102513.jpg  
    06-15-2016 02:21 PM

Yea, i am sure i have been playing with it a bit more than a typical person would because it is the first day, but....the battery is dead in 10 hours.
    I did this as well. Once I figured it out and stopped playing with it as much mine could go two days on one charge.
    06-15-2016 02:22 PM
    so my ordeal is over i hope everyone gets theirs soon! im never doing another promotion like this if it involves these companies. good luck friends

Fantastic to see this!!! I'm glad you finally got yours!
    wheresmys2 likes this.
    06-15-2016 02:24 PM

Congrats, glad to see more people are receiving what they are entitled to.

Quick question, is that bluetooth or 3G?
    06-15-2016 02:24 PM
    Received my phone on 3/9 and completed the registration for the S2.
    Notified that it was approved.
    Received a Gear VR today.
    Samsung's losing customers with their TERRIBLE promotion. What a bunch of garbage. Filing a complaint with my state attorney general.
    06-15-2016 02:25 PM
    3/11 submitted, approved 4/7, still no update. There is still nothing in FDM, and pending on the promos page. GAH! This is so frustrating... >.< Verizon gave me the option to return my phones at no cost; I'm seriously considering taking them up on it...
    wheresmys2 and Aushoj like this.
    06-15-2016 02:42 PM
    I prepaid and traded in my IPhone for my S7 Edge with motivation to receive a free GEAR VR promotion from Verizon in Early Feb 2016.
    The Samsung PrizeLogic website would not accept my IEMI number. The number is on the phone you can't fudge it. From March until and still today June 14, 2016 I have not received my Gear VR from Samsung. Verizon has all but wiped there hands saying it's Samsung's promotion so it's there issue. PrizeLogic doesn't decide who gets the Promotion. Samsung just sends you to PrizeLogic which is worthless except to take the brunt of customer dissatisfaction. They are now promoting this same promotion once again. Why don't they honor those who are being shafted by the promotion since day 1. Please everyone voice and complaint, someone will hear.
    Aushoj likes this.
    06-15-2016 03:25 PM
    Ha I pre-ordered my S7 Edge via this promotion in Feb 2016 and still haven't received it.
    06-15-2016 03:29 PM
    Happy to have found this forum. I too have been waiting to receive my S2 since March and even received a confirmation email from prize logic on March 30th confirming the watch is what I would receive and what do I receive today via Fedex but a VR instead. I just got off the phone with prize logic and they are saying it is due to the location code issue that others have mentioned. I clarified and they blame Samsung for basically choosing which location codes they wanted to send the watches to so nothing we the consumer had control over (even if we were sent confirmation that the watch was chosen) and basically I'm SOL as they only ship the watches to who Samsung tells them to.
    06-15-2016 04:08 PM
    Congrats, glad to see more people are receiving what they are entitled to.

Quick question, is that bluetooth or 3G?
    3g dark grey for both

06-15-2016 04:17 PM
    Fantastic to see this!!! I'm glad you finally got yours!
    thanks! i hope everyone gets them soon. my wife is glad i can stop complaining. she loves it though.

wheresmys2 and Meesh7688 like this.
    06-15-2016 04:23 PM

I have the classic. Usually on my wrist from 6:30 am until about 11:30 at night, without charging. But does only have about 8% left. Bluetooth, not 3G. I imagine using 3G would put a larger strain on the battery.
    06-15-2016 06:10 PM
    Classic 3g here, on my wrist from 9am - 1am, at 65-70% battery left at the end of the day
    06-15-2016 06:23 PM
    I was on everyone's case everyday for a long time. I don't know what hit this Verizon dude upside the head but he actually went to bat for me and I'm getting a watch from Verizon! Should be here tomorrow. Package says 1# 5oz. And I've checked and the watch I wanted shows up as the one i ordered. But won't believe it till I see it. In the meantime I'm going to keep giving Sam @ PL hell. As many times as I've been referred to the next non-existent person it is hard to believe they haven't bucked me out of their system. Well hang in there everyone. I know I stressed out for nothing but i had to see it through. Shhh, don't tell Verizon but they were very unprofessional throughout the whole ordeal. Nite that I'm getting watch I'll kiss butt just a little bit longer. I'm going to make the carrier switch more sooner than later. Hang tight.

wheresmys2, aberobert and devdog91 like this.
    06-15-2016 07:32 PM
    Got home tonight and my VR Gear was on my porch with a slip taped to my door from FedEx Ground. Went to check my status on Samsung's Promotion page and it still says Submission Approved. Preparing for Shipment. Shipment Date Estimate: Pending.

I was never given a ship date like the rest of everyone on this board. It has displayed this PENDING notification and has never updated. I even signed up for FedEx Manager to let me know if it was being shipped but it always displayed zero shipments expected. I was approved on 3/28 for the VR Gear. Way I see it, I don't think Samsung is going to update everyone's status anymore. Most of you will end up like some of us and just find it on your doorstep without notice.
    devdog91 likes this.
    06-15-2016 10:14 PM
    I agree. 2 year contract would be a deal breaker. That was why I only wanted the bluetooth version.
    I activated my S2, and it is not on a 2 year contract, it is month to month so I can cancel anytime. They also cut the activation fee in half, others have posted that they waived their activation fee completely. The only advantage of activating that I have seen, is that you can connect to your phone remotely, so you receive notifications without being within Bluetooth range. Their may be other advantages, but I haven't seen them yet. Other than just testing it, I have never made a call from my S2. I think people look like they are talking to themselves when they are using Bluetooth ear pieces, so imagine what they would look like talking to their wrist.
    devdog91 likes this.
    06-16-2016 07:30 AM
    So I apparently really REALLY want mine to arrive correctly as S2's and not swapped with VR's because I had TWO dreams IN a dream last night (that's right, I had a dream that I had 2 dreams...) that I actually got S2s.

Update: Today is d-day... fingers crossed it's right...
    Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread:  please post whether you are successful ...-untitled.png
    Aushoj, devdog91 and deh2004 like this.
    06-16-2016 07:47 AM
    What did you say?! I've called Verizon just about as much as PL at this point and the manager that I spoke with REFUSED to even entertain the idea of a free watch for me...
    Aushoj likes this.
    06-16-2016 08:54 AM
    3/11 submitted, approved 4/7, still no update. There is still nothing in FDM, and pending on the promos page. GAH! This is so frustrating... >.< Verizon gave me the option to return my phones at no cost; I'm seriously considering taking them up on it...
    Seems like you could return the phone, sign up for the new promo, and still get your watch before you would with this current mess.
    06-16-2016 09:02 AM
    I activated my S2, and it is not on a 2 year contract, it is month to month so I can cancel anytime. They also cut the activation fee in half, others have posted that they waived their activation fee completely. The only advantage of activating that I have seen, is that you can connect to your phone remotely, so you receive notifications without being within Bluetooth range. Their may be other advantages, but I haven't seen them yet. Other than just testing it, I have never made a call from my S2. I think people look like they are talking to themselves when they are using Bluetooth ear pieces, so imagine what they would look like talking to their wrist.
    Private Eye (can't write his first name because it gets *****) Tracy comes to mind..... :-) Perhaps I date myself...
    06-16-2016 09:04 AM
    Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread:  please post whether you are successful ...-tracywrist-com3.jpg

LOL hows that CRT supposed to work?!?!
    wheresmys2 likes this.
    06-16-2016 09:15 AM
    your free s2 would not be on contract obviously... the contract would only be if you purchased it from verizon at the reduced $200 price....
    06-16-2016 09:29 AM
4,281 ... 141142143144145 ...