05-03-2017 07:33 PM
4,281 ... 143144145146147 ...
tools
    I don't know if the person behind PL FB is trustable or not - I am going with he/she is. I got return label created and they will ship S2.
    That's what they told me as well. We'll see if it's another 3 months again though...lol
    06-16-2016 04:50 PM
    thats great. hope you get it fast

Posted via the Android Central App
    Another Name likes this.
    06-16-2016 04:54 PM
    That's what they told me as well. We'll see if it's another 3 months again though...lol
    Will update you how it goes because she told me "Should have an update by tomorrow at the latest".
    06-16-2016 05:02 PM
    I know this doesn't make it any better for those of you still waiting on your watches, but I will say that I am disappointed with the gear s2's functionality. It doesn't work near as seamlessly as I thought it would. Maybe AT&T works better with their numbersync app. I hope verizon releases something similar very soon, or I will be canceling the service to my watch.
    06-16-2016 05:16 PM
    Wow. I received a return call from a prize logic supervisor, you know the one, guaranteed return call within 48 hours.........about 3 weeks late. I told him no, he really couldn't help me at this point. According FMD, there is a package on my front steps today. Wonder what it could be. :-)
    06-16-2016 05:27 PM
    3/10 submitter finally got two watches today nothing on fdm or check status
    wheresmys2 and deh2004 like this.
    06-16-2016 06:20 PM
    So, I contacted Samsung Support via Live Chat. I don't know how accurate this is, but, the Support Agent said:
    Akhil J: Okay Jalon, I have checked the details for you and I see that the Gear is preparing for the shipment. This means that you are eligible for the Gear promotion.
    Akhil J: You will receive the Gear with in 6-7 business days.

Let's hope Mister Akhil is right, eh? I was expecting 6-8 weeks, but dang.
    06-16-2016 06:52 PM
    This is infuriating. (Not anything to do w/ you, Jalon) PrizeLogic said they would NOT be fulfilling any of the new orders until they had fulfilled the original promo submitters. Either they are lying (again), or they lied (again).
    Up Down and mikeyt99 like this.
    06-16-2016 08:48 PM
    This is infuriating. (Not anything to do w/ you, Jalon) PrizeLogic said they would NOT be fulfilling any of the new orders until they had fulfilled the original promo submitters. Either they are lying (again), or they lied (again).
    Well, they're two different promotions right? I'm doing the Father's Day promo that ends on the 19th which is strictly for the Gear. My current status is: Submission Approved. Preparing for shipment.
    06-16-2016 10:45 PM
    Yep, I'm one of the people who submitted for the S2 but received the VR headset today...

What method of contact is proving to be most effective to get the S2 instead?

I received the "location code" email on April 27th:
    Congratulations! Your submission has been approved; however because the purchase receipt you uploaded denotes an in-store and/or online business purchase, you are only eligible to receive the Samsung Gear VR with 6-game bundle.
    06-17-2016 01:22 AM
    Wow. I received a return call from a prize logic supervisor, you know the one, guaranteed return call within 48 hours.........about 3 weeks late. I told him no, he really couldn't help me at this point. According FMD, there is a package on my front steps today. Wonder what it could be. :-)
    I did indeed receive a Gear VR yesterday. 3/9 submitter. So I guess there is still some hope for those folks that submitted early, and were caught in the vortex....
    06-17-2016 07:37 AM
    @SamsungOrBust.
    I received the same email regarding location code. When I called PL (many weeks ago), they confirmed that I should have received the watch as opposed to the Gear VR. I said I would accept the $200 eCert instead. They agreed. I used the eCert to buy the S2 Classic. Received the Gear VR on my doorstep yesterday. Promotion status shows shipping confirmed and had a FedEx tracking number. FDM also showed the activity.
    06-17-2016 07:42 AM
    does anyone remember how to stop the gear s2 from asking to activate it?

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-17-2016 10:48 AM
    So I finally opened the 2 watches and you remember when I said the boxes they were in where a little dirty and a little beat up. We'll after finally opening it last night they may not be new. I called the manager at prize logic and he want to sent me a return label then he will send me new ones. I don't know own if I can trust to send them back and then get new ones.
    06-17-2016 12:03 PM
    Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread:  please post whether you are successful ...-t3evzz4gbm7gql9u3x2t.jpg

100 days for me and nothing yeay!
    06-17-2016 12:23 PM
    So I finally opened the 2 watches and you remember when I said the boxes they were in where a little dirty and a little beat up. We'll after finally opening it last night they may not be new. I called the manager at prize logic and he want to sent me a return label then he will send me new ones. I don't know own if I can trust to send them back and then get new ones.
    Tammy, with the number of VR's turning up lately instead of watches, Im not sure I would send them back until they sent you the replacements. If thats not an option I would consider living with what you have. You have lived the nightmare, I just cant see anything good coming from PL. MHO.
    06-17-2016 12:48 PM
    What is making you think they are not new? Just curious...
    06-17-2016 01:07 PM
    Tammy, with the number of VR's turning up lately instead of watches, Im not sure I would send them back until they sent you the replacements. If thats not an option I would consider living with what you have. You have lived the nightmare, I just cant see anything good coming from PL. MHO.
    I ask PL same thing, send be Gear S2 first and then I will return Gear VR. She said, they need "incorrect" gift back so they can send back the correct gift.
    06-17-2016 02:11 PM
    I know this doesn't make it any better for those of you still waiting on your watches, but I will say that I am disappointed with the gear s2's functionality. It doesn't work near as seamlessly as I thought it would. Maybe AT&T works better with their numbersync app. I hope verizon releases something similar very soon, or I will be canceling the service to my watch.
    Just curious, what is it that is not as seemless as we would all hope it would be?
    06-17-2016 02:55 PM
    The boxes were dirty and the seals seemed broken. The plastic shield on the phones had bubbles in them like it has been resealed...things like that.
    06-17-2016 03:18 PM
    I ask PL same thing, send be Gear S2 first and then I will return Gear VR. She said, they need "incorrect" gift back so they can send back the correct gift.
    LOL ask them what that "NEED" is specifically and how it came about.

Then tell them you NEED that return label to come in a box with some smart watches.
    Another Name likes this.
    06-17-2016 03:20 PM
    Just curious, what is it that is not as seemless as we would all hope it would be?
    I haven't had any problems at all with the functionality of the Gear s2. But I may not be using as many apps as you are. I have heard reports of dropped connections with the phone that could only be reconnected after a factory reset on the watch. But I have been outside the bluetooth range frequently and never had any problem reconnecting. Notifications and email sync with no problems.
    06-17-2016 03:37 PM
    I haven't had any problems at all with the functionality of the Gear s2. But I may not be using as many apps as you are. I have heard reports of dropped connections with the phone that could only be reconnected after a factory reset on the watch. But I have been outside the bluetooth range frequently and never had any problem reconnecting. Notifications and email sync with no problems.
    I was just curious as to what Music_man was seeing, I have not had any major issues either. One thing I have noticed is if I send a text message from the watch, I lose the watch face, and I have to reset it from my phone, but I haven't lost connection that I know of. I am not sure what all AT&T numbersync does, but anything I do from my watch, like a text or a call, shows my phones number and not the watch's number, which I like, I don't want multiple numbers going out. I don't use that many apps either, so I think it is good to see what kind of issues other people are finding. Overall, for a free watch it is okay, but there is a lot of room for improvement.
    06-17-2016 04:06 PM
    Can anyone tell me exactly what 'Submission Approved. Preparing for shipment" means and how long I'll be on this step? How many steps after it?
    I'm asking what it means in terms of PL logic. I know the text itself is self explanatory
    06-17-2016 04:33 PM
    Well, they're two different promotions right? I'm doing the Father's Day promo that ends on the 19th which is strictly for the Gear. My current status is: Submission Approved. Preparing for shipment.
    Just curious, when did you sumbit your form for the VR? I'm on "Submission Approved. Preparing for shipment." as well, 6/8 submitter, and got this message the next day.
    Also, did you get a e-mail from Samsung Promotions that you were approved?

To all the people waiting for their S2s, hope you get them soon!
    06-17-2016 05:10 PM
4,281 ... 143144145146147 ...