05-03-2017 07:33 PM
4,281 ... 145146147148149 ...
tools
    I have no idea when the watches will be on their way. I'll probably email them a few days after FDM shows they received the VR's back. They just told me they couldn't process the swap until they had those back first.
    Wish I could just get VR's!
    06-18-2016 09:19 PM
    Jalon you just submitted for them right? You are the fathers day one.
    This forum is 99.9% all submitters from the March promotion! We have been waiting for VRS and S2s since March 8th to now. Do not expect your VRS for awhile! Best advice is forget about them and they will magically show up as a sweet surprise one random day in months.
    We have gotten the 4 to 6 weeks wait time, there is 4 levels of approval is their next reason on delay, then they will tell you 6 to 8 weeks from the last approval date, then after that it is the due to how popular the promotion was there has been a delay and we have no f* clue when you will get it. So good luck, but just know you are talking to a ton of pissed off people on here who have waited 14 weeks with still nothing.
    06-19-2016 12:04 AM
    Jalon you just submitted for them right? You are the fathers 3day one.
    This forum is 99.9% all submitters from the March promotion! We have been waiting for VRS and S2s since March 8th to now. Do not expect your VRS for awhile! Best advice is forget about them and they will magically show up as a sweet surprise one random day in months.
    We have gotten the 4 to 6 weeks wait time, there is 4 levels of approval is their next reason on delay, then they will tell you 6 to 8 weeks from the last approval date, then after that it is the due to how popular the promotion was there has been a delay and we have no f* clue when you will get it. So good luck, but just know you are talking to a ton of pissed off people on here who have waited 14 weeks with still nothing.
    I'm not trying to be a ****** I'm just saying. Reading all of this has me super paranoid.
    06-19-2016 12:24 AM
    Wasn't saying you were, just being honest. Prize logic has had story after storyou.
    06-19-2016 12:46 AM
    OMG, I was so excited....FDM is showing a 2.5 pkg with a label created from NJ! I kept thinking that this nightmare is finally over after nearly 15 weeks. Then I remembered the jet.com order I placed yesterday. The label details confirmed it. Dum, da, da, dumb! So, back to waiting for my gear s2....and waiting...and waiting....
    mikeyt99 likes this.
    06-19-2016 07:56 AM
    Oks10, where did you send those watches? Or rather did you send those watches back to BrightPoint?

Ya know the IN addres? Or was it a Prizelogic office?

God save you if you sent it back to IN
    06-19-2016 08:20 AM
    Hey everyone, I'm with tmobile ...I bought my Samsung Galaxy s7 edge and got one for my wife...when doing the promotion (father's day) I was told I would be getting 2 vrs.... this was June 3 ...a few days ago I my status on samsung says approved and ready for shipment... I created an account with FDM and saw that my vrs will be at my home 21june
    06-19-2016 10:49 AM
    So much for not filling the fathers day orders until the other promotion was fully fulfilled
    wheresmys2 and Aushoj like this.
    06-19-2016 11:40 AM
    Oks10, where did you send those watches? Or rather did you send those watches back to BrightPoint?

Ya know the IN addres? Or was it a Prizelogic office?

God save you if you sent it back to IN
    It was VR's that I sent back (I wouldn't send back watches, are you crazy?! Lol) to get them to send me the watches. It was to Brightpoint in Plainfield but a different address.
    06-19-2016 02:31 PM
    It was VR's that I sent back (I wouldn't send back watches, are you crazy?! Lol) to get them to send me the watches. It was to Brightpoint in Plainfield but a different address.
    Does Brightpoint/PrizeLogic ship on Weekends?
    06-19-2016 04:09 PM
    Just curious, what is it that is not as seemless as we would all hope it would be?
    I thought that since the gear s2 was a standalone watch (it doesn't have to be paired to a phone), it would be very easy for me to leave my phone at home when making a quick trip to the store, or if i'm going out for a run. I thought I would still get all of my calls and texts and even be able to use a few apps. This is only partially true. Yes, technically, you can use it without your phone nearby. But it isn't near as seamless or as easy as I thought it would be. First, you have to enable call forwarding via the Gear app on your phone. This takes a few seconds since it calls Verizon to tell it to forward your calls. Now, if you get a call, it must first go to your phone. Your phone has to ring multiple times before it will direct it to the watch. Before the watch picks up, most people will just hang up since they think you are not answering. Should you decide not to answer or are unable to answer the call after it has been directed to your watch, the voicemail is left on your watch's number rather than your phone number. Meaning, the voicemail will not show up nor can you check it on your phone. Texting works ok, but Samsung will try to force you to use their sms app on your phone as the default, which I do not like. I use Google Messenger. Every time I open the messages app on my watch, I am greeted with a message saying that text messaging is unavailable because Samsung's app is not my default. If you close this message you can still send and receive text messages, but when I open the messages app on the watch, I can only see my sent messages. It does not show any messages from the person I am talking to. 99.9% of the apps on my gear s2 watch are unavailable when not paired with my phone. When I get back to my phone, I have to remember to turn call forwarding back off, otherwise it will drain the battery on my watch much faster. In the end, it's almost easier to just take my phone with me instead of the hassle to use my watch as a standalone. The watch seems much more like a "companion" to my phone, rather than a standalone device that allows me to leave my phone at home.

AT&T offers a NumberSync app which allows multiple devices to share the same number. I really wish Verizon would release something similar. I think that would make everything much more seamless.
    Aushoj and wheresmys2 like this.
    06-19-2016 06:06 PM
    Hey everyone, I'm with tmobile ...I bought my Samsung Galaxy s7 edge and got one for my wife...when doing the promotion (father's day) I was told I would be getting 2 vrs.... this was June 3 ...a few days ago I my status on samsung says approved and ready for shipment... I created an account with FDM and saw that my vrs will be at my home 21june
    Wow!

At least I have a little bit of separation, cause yaknow, watches,

But if I was waiting on a VR I would be livid!
    wheresmys2 likes this.
    06-19-2016 07:18 PM
    That's awesome, man! I don't know what kind of system they're running but I'm glad you got yours so soon! Enjoy them! (:
    06-19-2016 07:46 PM
    Thats the only promo I got from my phone company so I'm pleased with getting 2 gear vr for free in less than a month
    06-19-2016 07:49 PM
    I'm also on T-Mobile, and going to get a Gear VR as well from the Samsung promotion. When you do get it, can you tell me the games bundled with your headsets? I am very curious, and very eager to get them. I heard from the other promo that the games bundled for each carrier is different, so that's why I am asking you. Thank you very much, and when you do get your Gear VRs, have fun with them! I know I will!

Also, should I sign up for FDM or should I just be surprised, and forget about the headset until it comes?
    06-19-2016 09:52 PM
    Gear VR claimers, don't worry you will get your VR soon or later.
    *Disclaimer* Gift will be shipped to you from range of 4 weeks to 3 months. #JustChill
    hihi217 and Meesh7688 like this.
    06-19-2016 10:01 PM
    I'm also on T-Mobile, and going to get a Gear VR as well from the Samsung promotion. When you do get it, can you tell me the games bundled with your headsets? I am very curious, and very eager to get them. I heard from the other promo that the games bundled for each carrier is different, so that's why I am asking you. Thank you very much, and when you do get your Gear VRs, have fun with them! I know I will!

Also, should I sign up for FDM or should I just be surprised, and forget about the headset until it comes?
    The longer it takes, the more you will appreciate it. What I suggest doing is checking FDM every Monday or every Tuesday. You should definitely sign up for it, though!
    06-19-2016 10:02 PM
    The longer it takes, the more you will appreciate it.
    Nope! Nope! Nope! Nope! Nope! Nope! Nope! Nope! Nope! Nope! Nope! Nope! Nope! Nope! Nope! Nope! Nope! Nope! Nope! Nope! Nope! Nope! Nope! Nope! Nope! Nope!

(at least when it comes to watches.)

The longer it takes the higher the chance that every time I look to check the time I remember that how badly Verizon/Samsung handled this and to get out of my contract as soon as it become economically advantageous.
    wheresmys2 likes this.
    06-20-2016 07:44 AM
    Nope! Nope! Nope! Nope! Nope! Nope! Nope! Nope! Nope! Nope! Nope! Nope! Nope! Nope! Nope! Nope! Nope! Nope! Nope! Nope! Nope! Nope! Nope! Nope! Nope! Nope!

(at least when it comes to watches.)

The longer it takes the higher the chance that every time I look to check the time I remember that how badly Verizon/Samsung handled this and to get out of my contract as soon as it become economically advantageous.
    I've already decided if I don't get my watches and Verizon doesn't offer a resolution, then I'll just pay off my phones and jump ship to try out that Google Fi service. A friend of ours is dropping AT&T for that to save money and I can't say it looks like a terrible idea. I still need to do some more research though.
    wheresmys2 likes this.
    06-20-2016 08:33 AM
    Good morning everyone. I decided to call prize logic this morning, on the 102nd day of waiting. There is a new message on the PL auto attendant that says all Samsung promos are now being handled by Samsung directly, and to call 1-800-SAMSUNG. I'm on the phone with them now, I wonder if they'll tell me anything new.

(EDIT) - Got transferred to Prize logic and was hung up on.
    Aushoj and wheresmys2 like this.
    06-20-2016 08:35 AM
    I got off the phone with PrizeLogic. Basically they told me that it'll stay Preparing for Shipment for the duration of your claim, and you will receive tracking information via e-mail and to be sure to check your spam/junk folder. I had asked her how long it'd take and she said that it could take a week, two weeks, but to allow up to 4-6 weeks. So, I guess I'll just have to wait. I have great application ideas so this will give me time to develop them. Sucks being so impatient, I can't help it! Lol. I just want a Gear VR and I'll be happy.
    I hope the Father's day promotion goes better than the February pre-order promotion, but I am afraid you are probably all in for a long ride. Many people that submitted the first of March still have not received their watches.
    06-20-2016 08:58 AM
    101 days and still counting... Pending on samsung website, nothing, not even a label in FDM... Good God this is getting old...
    3/11 submitted, supposed approval 4/7.
    wheresmys2 likes this.
    06-20-2016 09:37 AM
    I hope the Father's day promotion goes better than the February pre-order promotion, but I am afraid you are probably all in for a long ride. Many people that submitted the first of March still have not received their watches.
    I’m calling it! Ill stick my neck out and make a prediction.

The Father’s day promo will be fulfilled before the S7 launch promo.

I’m working with a “top of the pile” theory.

The Brightpoint facility dose not care when the orders came in, we’ve seen this already.

To Brightpoint the work never stopped the promos don’t matter.

They just pull from the top of the pile and fill the order.
    wheresmys2 and hihi217 like this.
    06-20-2016 10:26 AM
    I figured I would give my friends who were waiting for over 3 months or the ones who are still waiting for their promos a good laugh. You know I received the watches last week and I was not sure if they were new since the seals on the boxes the watches came in seemed to have been opened before, the boxes were a little dirty and the plastic protecting the face of the watches had some bubbles in them. I contacted prize logic and samsung about this and they say i can send them back and they will send me new. I send them an email saying I am Leary of this because it took over 3 months to get them in the first place. So today I get this email:

Thank you for your follow up, we apologize for the delay in your original shipment. We can confirm that shipping an S2 device could take 3 weeks until a month to receive due to us using a 3rd party fulfillment company. We must use the original return process prior too sending new, will need to have the S2 device that you received sent back. We can provide a return label via email. Once received we will send a new gift. You may keep the gift you received if you choose to do so. If you have further questions regarding this please reach out.

Best Regards,
    Samsung Tier II Promotion Support

Are they kidding "it can take 3 weeks to a month". Do they not get that a lot of us waited over 3 months and some of us are still waiting for the S2's. I really think they do not get it. I do not know if I am going to send the watches back, I do not trust that I will get any new ones in a timely fashion. What would you guys and girls do?
    wheresmys2 likes this.
    06-20-2016 10:39 AM
    I'm on the phone with Samsung.
    Aushoj, TammyH66, devdog91 and 1 others like this.
    06-20-2016 10:49 AM
4,281 ... 145146147148149 ...