05-03-2017 07:33 PM
4,281 ... 147148149150151 ...
tools
    So any advice here... I'm one of the people who submitted for the S2 but received the VR headset late last week (havent opened yet)

What method of contact is proving to be most effective to get the S2 instead?

Submitted Claim for S2: 3/21
    Received "location code issue" Email: 4/27 (My Location Code = D301901)
    Congratulations! Your submission has been approved; however because the purchase receipt you uploaded denotes an in-store and/or online business purchase, you are only eligible to receive the Samsung Gear VR with 6-game bundle.
    Gear VR Arrived: 6/16

Jalon Dodson likes this.
    06-20-2016 02:35 PM
    I wasn't paying attention to any of the other promotions or dates. Our original promotion was via Verizon Wireless and it was a pre-order promo.
    06-20-2016 02:36 PM
    So any advice here... I'm one of the people who submitted for the S2 but received the VR headset late last week (havent opened yet)

I received the "location code" email on April 27th:

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/58118159.jpg
    There is no one left to call if we receive the wrong item (if anything at all). Unless of course samsung pulls their heads out of their arses.
    06-20-2016 02:41 PM

I received the "location code" email on April 27th:

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/58118159.jpg
    Sorry if you've already answered this, but... Did you purchase the phones via Verizon online or phone only? and did they confirm after you got your location code email that it was an error? At this point, who knows...since PL isn't handling the promo anymore, I would say you have to go through Samsung directly. Have you contacted Verizon to tell them what happened (and ask why your location code made you ineligible). Maybe if it was a legit location code/purchase & PL made an error Verizon may handle it for you.
    devdog91 likes this.
    06-20-2016 02:43 PM
    Update...
    Just got off the phone with the Verizon Supervisor, told him even though I was outright disgusted by Samsung at this point, that I love my phone and I didn't want to give it up yet.
    Starting to think that maybe that was a mistake...
    06-20-2016 02:50 PM
    Call out to all of those who had Verizon do the right thing, Anyway we could get the name of the supervisor that legitimatly wants to help us sad saps out?
    wheresmys2 likes this.
    06-20-2016 02:53 PM
    Did you notice they changed the purchase dates of the Gear VR promotion from 6/19/2016 to 6/26/2016?

BUY A GALAXY AND
    GET A FREE GEAR VR.1
    Valid Purchase Dates: 6/1/16 - 6/26/16
    Get a free Gear VR powered by Oculus, plus a VR content experience – an estimated $150* value – with the purchase of an eligible Samsung Galaxy device. Limited time only, while supplies last.

* See full Terms and Conditions for complete details
    I did actually see that when I was looking at T-Mobile's website for their Gear VR this morning. I saw on their website that you could get it, but I was confused and thought it was over, but I then clicked a link, got to the samsungpromotions website, and saw it was extended...
    06-20-2016 03:17 PM
    The Father's Day promotion says "No more than 600,000 Gear VR are available for the gift."
    And if you buy from Verizon, you can get a free TV O_O
    06-20-2016 03:29 PM
    Also, if you go to samsungpromotions.com and opt to check on a promotion, our promo is no longer listed. It was there on Friday, because that was one of the routes I took to try to login to check my status. Now, it's just gone. It's not the Gear VR promo that shows at the bottom of the page, that one has different dates. Wonder why it disappeared?
    Okay, that's pretty weird, I couldn't even see it in previous promotions...

Conspiracy: They just gave up giving S2s to the people calling them (Brightpoint or Prizelogic, your choice) out for waiting so long for it, so they just decided to just give up on it, and just delete all of it.
    wheresmys2 likes this.
    06-20-2016 03:31 PM
    hmm
    06-20-2016 03:33 PM
    Sorry for the duplicate post, didn't realize that one got sent. :/
    06-20-2016 03:37 PM
    Just spent the last half hour on the phone with Samsung. I finally got through to a guy who I could barley understand, and told him about the whole situation. He then tells me that he is with prize logic, and says there is nothing anyone can do. Just wait for tracking information, and after that it should be another 6-8 weeks.
    06-20-2016 03:55 PM
    Sorry if you've already answered this, but... Did you purchase the phones via Verizon online or phone only? and did they confirm after you got your location code email that it was an error? At this point, who knows...since PL isn't handling the promo anymore, I would say you have to go through Samsung directly. Have you contacted Verizon to tell them what happened (and ask why your location code made you ineligible). Maybe if it was a legit location code/purchase & PL made an error Verizon may handle it for you.
    Hey there,

I actually purchased this phone from Swappa, where the seller assured me they bought it from Verizon.com, provided me with the original purchase receipt, and confirmed they did not claim any offers with the IMEI.

The only thing that seemed off was the wording on the receipt suggests it may have been purchased on a business account - based on the "vzw.com/mybusienss" reference, hope thats not the issue with my location code. Does anyone remember if business accounts were included in this s2 promotion?

Over the past 3 months, while waiting, i put a call into Verizon where i explained my concerns of not receiving my S2 (or receiving the VR instead). In typical customer service fashion she asked me to wait then call back if I still didn't receive the S2. I had her put a note on my account that i was expecting the S2 and worried i would be sent the VR by mistake. Didn't get into it with vzw about the location code at the time because i saw others post here that they got the same email and it was deemed a mistake.

Thanks for everyones thoughts/suggestions
    06-20-2016 03:57 PM
    oks10, I got a return label. Should I be excited or worried?
    06-20-2016 03:58 PM
    oks10, I got a return label. Should I be excited or worried?
    I honestly have no idea... lol. My return shipping status says it should be delivered back to Brightpoint tomorrow by end of day so I'll probably followup with my contact on Wednesday and see how much longer this should take (so I can add 6 weeks to that number...). This promo has truly been an utter failure. I honestly don't plan on ever participating in one of these again unless the item is given to you WITH your phone. It's amazing how such a large company can screw something so simple up SO badly...
    06-20-2016 04:13 PM
    I submitted for the Gear S2 promotion through Verizon on their website on March 12th. Got the same runaround about the location code and was sent a Gear VR instead. Went through the same nightmare everyone else is going through. No need to write as lengthy novel in that respect, as you all understand the headache it's been. But, there is an easy solution that will spare all of you the trouble and wasted time trying to claim the prize that is rightfully yours, provided you properly jumped through all of the hoops to begin with. Ready for it? File a report with the Better Business Bureau against Samsung, Verizon and PrizeLogic. I did just that on Wednesday, June 8th, and had my watch on my wrist last Monday the 13th. Verizon was actually the company that settled with me. PrizeLogic agreed to send me a watch provided that I send them back the VR. And Samsung? Well they put the blame on PrizeLogic. I think all of you that have gone through the process proprly and have not received your prize should do it this way. Big corporations need to be held accountable, and they really hate negative remarks on their business rating. Good luck to all of you. I'm keeping the VR for all the wasted hours I spent dealing with them. Good on ya Verizon for stepping up!
    Aushoj likes this.
    06-20-2016 04:24 PM
    Maybe they will send us a signature S2 XD
    06-20-2016 04:26 PM
    Samsung can't ship enough S2's to fill the Verizon offer because AT&T is now offering the S2 free again, with the purchase of any qualifying Samsung phone. Their T&C's require the watch be activated at $10 per month and placed on a 2 year contract. This is about the 3rd time that AT&T has offered the S2 for free. The promo's must run smoother for AT&T than they do for Verizon.
    06-20-2016 04:30 PM
    So there's one who used the BBB to lean on Verizon with success! That really great!

Strong case with the getting the VRs for a bait and switch technicality.

I wonder how the ones of us who have gotten not but promises would fair with a complaint with the BBB.
    06-20-2016 06:19 PM
    Done, Done, & Done. And now we wait....
    mikeyt99 likes this.
    06-20-2016 08:30 PM
    Did you go for the cellular company option or the truth in advertising option?
    06-20-2016 08:48 PM
    Did you go for the cellular company option or the truth in advertising option?
    I went for the phone option. I want them to let me out of my contract & let me send my phones back & we can be done with all of this. I don't mind the phone, but, in the end, it's just a phone. I only got involved because of the promo & I think I've regretted it after the 2nd week. I think the watches are kinda over for me at this point, anyway. I was so excited at the Dik Tracy/talk into your wrist thing that I got caught up in something I regret.
    Aushoj, mikeyt99 and TammyH66 like this.
    06-20-2016 09:03 PM
    i went for the phone option. I want them to let me out of my contract & let me send my phones back & we can be done with all of this. I don't mind the phone, but, in the end, it's just a phone. I only got involved because of the promo & i think i've regretted it after the 2nd week. I think the watches are kinda over for me at this point, anyway. I was so excited at the dik tracy/talk into your wrist thing that i got caught up in something i regret.
    don't give up you're an inspiration
    06-20-2016 09:23 PM
    Truth in advertising. Figured that was my best option since I got the bait and switch from them. I just made a blanket statement outlining a timetable of what I went through to try to get the promotion I'd signed on for, and used the same wording to file my complaint with all three companies.. Trust me folks, you will get immediate results as long as you are being truthful. Didn't need to provide any documents whatsoever. Just a well written statement.
    wheresmys2 and Aushoj like this.
    06-20-2016 10:14 PM
    Well... I sure hope it's extended for everyone because:

Sunday I decide to lower my phone plan - I don't use minutes, just a little text & mostly data, so my old Sprint SERO plan wasn't cutting it anymore.

After hours of researching various super cheap alternatives - almost going with RingPlus or Fi, I decided to return to T-Mobile versus paying full retail upfront for an S7 Edge (would've gone 5X with Fi but whatever).

However, I did not reach that conclusion until MONDAY (yesterday). While setting up the new line, I see the fine print for the Gear VR offer on a sign in the store "Father's Day Promo, ends 6/19.. Sunday" (naturally they're not allowed to take the sign down but as a former Sprint employee I'd say a free promo that is now "expired" would be a good thing to remove from the storefront as soon as possible)

Well FML right?! Even though their website still has it up as a deal at 3:12 am 6/21 (Tuesday & they did yesterday), & as we all know the offer details now link to the new 6/26 end date.

Anyway, the first submission form I tried was linked to the 6/19 end date.

I was rejected with this email from Samsung:

"Your submission isn’t quite complete, but you’re almost there!

Here’s what’s missing:
    Your purchase did not occur within the retailer purchase period."

I followed the paper trail and found a form to email PL (versus calling, as it was a rather trivial matter since after digging deeper I found the offer had been extended via all the terms & conditions now appearing directly on Samsung's promo website)

My email/form:

"Per the offer terms and conditions on: https://promos.samsungpromotions.com...ay/en-us/Rules -

The offer is still available until 6/26, yet I received a notice of rejection after submitting a receipt showing a purchase of a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge completed today, 6/20, at a T-Mobile location.

My submission is: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Please let me know how we can resolve this matter as the offer is still open and I have followed the correct procedure to redeem it."

To which PL replied:

"Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry. The Purchase Period for the Father's Day Gear VR Offer is June 1st through June 19th.Unfortunately, we cannot accept a submission that has a receipt with a purchase date outside of this range. The Submission Period for all eligible purchases is June 1st through June 20th. We apologize for any inconvenience. A complete list of current Samsung Promotions can be viewed at samsungpromotions.com .

Thank you,
    Prizelogic Support"

Needless to say I suppose I'll be contacting Samsung directly tomorrow as even T-Mobile is now linking to the extended terms.
    06-21-2016 02:21 AM
4,281 ... 147148149150151 ...