05-03-2017 07:33 PM
4,281 ... 148149150151152 ...
tools

I actually purchased this phone from Swappa, where the seller assured me they bought it from Verizon.com, provided me with the original purchase receipt, and confirmed they did not claim any offers with the IMEI.

The only thing that seemed off was the wording on the receipt suggests it may have been purchased on a business account - based on the "vzw.com/mybusienss" reference, hope thats not the issue with my location code. Does anyone remember if business accounts were included in this s2 promotion?
    It is my understanding that the only way to get the Gear S2 in this promo was to order directly from Verizon online or by phone. You had to agree to a 2 year 'finance' of the cost of phone thru Verizon and it could not be a business account. The location code signified if it was a business account and/or if it was not an online purchase (rather than in-store, etc.) and would disqualify you. <<Why so many people were upset.
    Also, the ONLY address they would send the free item to, was the address on the account & on the receipt and they had to match. So, I'm even surprised that you managed to get the VR, but then, what do I know? <<not much, since I still don't have my Gear S2 & I followed the rules completely!
    mikeyt99 likes this.
    06-21-2016 06:28 AM
    My returned VR's should be delivered back to Brightpoint today (which btw has a shipping weight of nearly 6lbs vs the 2.6lb it was when it was coming to me, lol). After its received I'm going to email them to find out how long til I have my watches. If it's anything more than a few days then I'll just do what you guys did and file a BBB complaint. I shouldn't have to wait for Brightpoint to get restocked by a date that PL has no knowledge of to get my watches that I've been waiting 3+ months for...
    06-21-2016 08:40 AM
    My returned VR's should be delivered back to Brightpoint today
    Did they happen to mention anywhere along the way WHY you ended up with VRs instead of S2s? It's just amazing to me that there are still these same issues with sending the wrong item. Maybe I will get a Samsung TV instead of a watch! LOL What about all the times PL said they had no way of contacting BrightPoint....obviously not true if they managed to coordinate your timely return? Hope you get your watches soon!
    whholder likes this.
    06-21-2016 08:56 AM
    My returned VR's should be delivered back to Brightpoint today (which btw has a shipping weight of nearly 6lbs vs the 2.6lb it was when it was coming to me, lol). After its received I'm going to email them to find out how long til I have my watches. If it's anything more than a few days then I'll just do what you guys did and file a BBB complaint. I shouldn't have to wait for Brightpoint to get restocked by a date that PL has no knowledge of to get my watches that I've been waiting 3+ months for...
    They sent me a return label also for the watches that I received that I was not so sure if they are new. They did inform me that it can take 3 weeks to a month to receive the new ones lol. I do not think I will be sending these back.
    06-21-2016 09:16 AM
    So there's one who used the BBB to lean on Verizon with success! That really great!

Strong case with the getting the VRs for a bait and switch technicality.

I wonder how the ones of us who have gotten not but promises would fair with a complaint with the BBB.
    I am still waiting to receive my watch. I just filed the BBB complaint for samsung, prize logic and verizon. We shall see.
    Aushoj and wheresmys2 like this.
    06-21-2016 09:20 AM
    Did they happen to mention anywhere along the way WHY you ended up with VRs instead of S2s? It's just amazing to me that there are still these same issues with sending the wrong item. Maybe I will get a Samsung TV instead of a watch! LOL What about all the times PL said they had no way of contacting BrightPoint....obviously not true if they managed to coordinate your timely return? Hope you get your watches soon!
    Ha. Like they could tell me why... No, they just apologized for sending the wrong gift.
    06-21-2016 09:22 AM
    I feel like a jerk. I submitted a week ago, and I'm already freaking out. You guys submitted 3+ months ago, and still haven't received anything. I just need to be patient. Jeez. I'm sorry guys, I really feel bad.

Here's a little update, I've been contacting friends who've gone through the same thing, and this guy said he submitted on June 6th, and received his on the 20th; so he got his in two weeks..

I need to learn patience. I just get so paranoid listening to you guys and it freaks me out lol.
    06-21-2016 09:37 AM
    Here's a fun little tidbit. I got those VR's last week and my status on the promo page is still shipping pending... lol.
    06-21-2016 09:41 AM
    Package has been received by Brightpoint and signed for (shows who signed for it and their signature in FDM) and email has been sent asking how long until the watches are sent out. I'm hoping for an answer that doesn't result in my having to fill out a BBB complaint...
    wheresmys2 and Aushoj like this.
    06-21-2016 10:40 AM
    oks10, let me know how it goes. We have exact situation but you claim 2 S2 and I did 1
    oks10 likes this.
    06-21-2016 10:56 AM
    Filed a complaint with the BBB against prize logic yesterday, and here's what I got in return.

"Your S2 was delayed due to an inventory shortage at the fulfillment company. We have requested your shipment be expedited and will provide you with the tracking number as soon as possible."
    Aushoj likes this.
    06-21-2016 11:11 AM
    Filed a complaint with the BBB against prize logic yesterday, and here's what I got in return.

"Your S2 was delayed due to an inventory shortage at the fulfillment company. We have requested your shipment be expedited and will provide you with the tracking number as soon as possible."
    Filing a BBB complaint isn't something good to do right? Or is it?
    06-21-2016 11:20 AM
    Filing a BBB complaint isn't something good to do right? Or is it?
    Jalon, not for you, yet, LOL. I would wait at least the 4-6 weeks after approval before going to BBB. It's been 15 weeks for some of us, so we're filing due to many, many failed attempts along the way.
    06-21-2016 11:23 AM
    Jalon, not for you, yet, LOL. I would wait at least the 4-6 weeks after approval before going to BBB. It's been 15 weeks for some of us, so we're filing due to many, many failed attempts along the way.
    I'm not going to file a BBB complaint.. ever. lol. I wasn't even considering it I was just asking if that was actually a good move or not.
    06-21-2016 11:26 AM
    I'm not going to file a BBB complaint.. ever. lol. I wasn't even considering it I was just asking if that was actually a good move or not.
    Who knows? Some have had it work for them. Others contacted Verizon directly & they took care of them. As a whole, we've tried any & all. After 150 pages of grief & happiness on this one forum, it's a pretty good read for what did/didn't work, but it was never the same for everyone. Start about page 55 or 60 when you have some time. It's a wild ride we've been on! LOL
    06-21-2016 11:33 AM
    Who knows? Some have had it work for them. Others contacted Verizon directly & they took care of them. As a whole, we've tried any & all. After 150 pages of grief & happiness on this one forum, it's a pretty good read for what did/didn't work, but it was never the same for everyone. Start about page 55 or 60 when you have some time. It's a wild ride we've been on! LOL
    Someone needs to make t-shirts or baseball caps lol
    TammyH66 likes this.
    06-21-2016 11:45 AM
    So after much consideration and even though they sent me a return label I decided to keep the watches I have. I finally tried opening one up and of cause it is totally dead and I can not turn it on (probably because someone at Brightpoint decided to try it out and wear it). The stuff like the charger and wires under the watch are in sealed packages, I guess that is good. I am trying to charge it now and hope that it works. I can not see myself sending the 2 watches back to wait at least another month or maybe three to receive ones that are sealed and in boxes that are clean and watches that I know are new. I will keep the dirty boxes and the possibly used watches lol. Maybe I will make a complaint to the BBB about waiting 3 months to get used merchandise that is suppose to be sealed and new. I should have took the new ones that verizon offer to send me when I had the chance, but I had to be honest...dumb me.
    Aushoj and wheresmys2 like this.
    06-21-2016 11:55 AM
    Someone needs to make t-shirts or baseball caps lol
    Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread:  please post whether you are successful ...-capture.png
    Aushoj and mistak5 like this.
    06-21-2016 11:58 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	15 
Size:	406.4 KB 
ID:	230533
    Awesome.....what is the 15 for though?

I would suggest a "Since March 2016" line.
    wheresmys2 and whholder like this.
    06-21-2016 12:29 PM
    No significance really, should have gotten more creative
    06-21-2016 12:31 PM
    No significance really, should have gotten more creative
    Maybe that was a Freudian slip and you were thinking "15" weeks and still waiting!
    06-21-2016 12:53 PM
    Just got my vrs ....less than a month
    06-21-2016 01:02 PM

Yeah, and there was an inventory shortage because they sent out the promotional items not in the order that's clearly stated in the promotions Terms and Conditions, aka First Come First Served...
    06-21-2016 01:02 PM
    And the response to my email is....
    "At this time we do not have an exact date, but can estimate the shipment could take up to 4 weeks to be processed for delivery / likely will arrive before then."
    Next stop BBB...
    06-21-2016 01:03 PM
    So I had the day off from work today and decided to really dig in to this. I went to my local Verizon store to see if the supervisor there had the nerve to try and defend Samsung to my face. Fortunately, for him, he said that it was ridiculous for the delay but on a store level they couldn't do anything. I decided to call Samsung again and had a notably different experience.
    I was on the phone for a total of 37 minutes and 59 seconds and transfered three times.
    Initial call in went to technical support from the automated answering.
    After collecting my information, the rep transfered me to PL. (which I was sceptical of.)
    PL rep was fairly useless as usual, so I requested a supervisor. The rep almost seemed hurt that I had asked for his boss, but put me on hold and got him.
    The supervisor picked up ( I know, I was shocked too.) and with all of my information there, he apologized for the delay and stated that I should definitely not have been waiting this long. Said he escalated my account and said with the escalation I should only have one to two more weeks until I had devices in my hand and to call back if there were any more issues.

Now call me optimistic, but I think I may have actually gotten somewhere. He provided me with what he called a "call reference" number. Stated that when I call in to supply that number and I would be transferred to another supervisor.
    Crossing my fingers that this nightmare will end soon.
    Aushoj, wheresmys2 and dsandman87 like this.
    06-21-2016 01:10 PM
4,281 ... 148149150151152 ...