Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

src1425

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Which part of the country are you in? Not trying to pry, PL told someone the other day that they would begin shipping in batches by location. I'm in the Northeast & I have nothing showing in FDM. Just wondering....

I'm in Maryland. I'll be skeptical until I actually see it ship, but it's the first progress I've had since the submission approval email on 4/18. I'm actually a little disappointed - I was hoping to get an S2 Classic from the nice Verizon rep who told me to email her on Monday if I hadn't received anything by then.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
It would really save me a lot of time to just open this picture every day instead of going through the hassle of logging in the FDM...
f084c1979914ff05e7b8df4073ed6d25.jpg

Aushoj

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
Great job everyone, everyone who calls in to the companies (especially Verizon)

I implore all the fence sitters, to call its really easy and the more calls the higher chance that this specific promo problem will get some action.

Each call gets a little subject line tracked by Verizon’s database, eventually it will reach some tipping point and something else will happen.

I personally look forward to getting a little note in my Verizon file as a nuisance caller

Oh and on a side note. Anyone else notice that u/wheresmys2 is #2 of the most liked on this sites forum?(the list is at the top of the page) LOL

Chllybrd

May 26, 2016
Visit site
I submitted for the Gear S2 3/11 and got the approval email 4/18. Woke up this morning, checked Fedex and the shipping label has been created. ETA: I'm in NC
Untitled.jpg

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Too funny, Aushoj. The other option is that they updated my status yesterday so that they can now say that I just got approved again & add another 4-6 week wait to my submission. I'm sticking' to my plan.... giving them the 8 weeks from 4/7 (& had Verizon confirm that time frame when they called PL), then I'm going to elevate it to a higher level (and, no, I don't mean I'm gonna go pray about it in case my Holier-than-thou/hopin' I get my heart right relatives are lurking.) No insult at all to those of you who want to seek a higher power....Go for it!

swiftysnake

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
I guess they're still shipping wrong now by second approval. I guess they aren't going to meet the 8 weeks for me.

Posted via the Android Central App

Cnicks

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Checked FDM this morning and there was nothing there, checked again while at lunch and I have a label created yesterday morning expected Friday 5/27...

But they could still hold it for 2 more weeks. I'm in NC

rocktoad13

May 6, 2016
Visit site
In NC as well...but got my S2 a couple weeks ago so I don't think they shipping by location.

Maybe they using one of the lottery ping pong ball things? 😨

Toad

music_man185

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
To the ones who got verizon to give you watches, were any of you told that you that you would no longer be getting your watches from the promotion since verizon was giving them to you? Normally, I would just be happy to be getting my watches from Verizon and would not complain about not getting the promotion watches. But verizon is giving me the white/silver (which I don't want) and the Bluetooth only model (which I don't want). So I'm still hoping to get my watches from the promotion.

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
So....if we ever get our promo S2s, wonder if they will be the Bluetooth or 3G version? The people who submitted after us (& have received theirs) got the 3G, but I think the original T&C mentioned only the Bluetooth. That would add one large suck to the many we've already had. I'm going to hope it arrives & it's the 3G......btw, it's 7 weeks from 4/7 tomorrow!

it's always been the 3G

Sean John416

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
Can anyone answer a stupid question? Wasn't this promotion strictly for pre-ordered S7s and S7 edges? The terms in my approval state pre-ordered. Now aren't they're people who are receiving the watches that didn't pre-order?

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Can anyone answer a stupid question? Wasn't this promotion strictly for pre-ordered S7s and S7 edges? The terms in my approval state pre-ordered. Now aren't they're people who are receiving the watches that didn't pre-order?
I'm not sure that maybe they didn't get in on the preorder, but didn't get their phones & submit until later in the month. I had ordered the silver S7Edge, but when I realized the promo would be almost over before I got the phone & could submit, I cancelled & ordered the black one. Not 100% sure of that, tho'. Did you get your S2 yet? I think you are the same dates as me.

music_man185

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Verizon has no control over what PL gives you. I only got he VR but the guy in the store told me that if I got both I could keep both.
On most of my calls with verizon, they would contact Samsung or PrizeLogic. I didn't know if maybe they gave Samsung or PrizeLogic my imei number and told them not to give me my watch because verizon was fulfilling it

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

It might have been initially but I ordered mine after the release knowing that at the time I was eligible for the promo.

Meesh7688

May 2, 2016
Visit site
On most of my calls with verizon, they would contact Samsung or PrizeLogic. I didn't know if maybe they gave Samsung or PrizeLogic my imei number and told them not to give me my watch because verizon was fulfilling it

I've been wondering the same thing. If I still get it from the Promo, I'm still planning on keeping it and my husband can use it since I'm getting one from Verizon tomorrow. (Hopefully, the darn thing has to be signed to be delivered, so I changed the address to someone I know who will be able to sign it.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livinlavidaloca