05-03-2017 07:33 PM
4,281 ... 156157158159160 ...
tools
    Guess what just landed on my doorstep? I thought it was odd that it was in CT yesterday morning, but it was going to take 2 days to get 4 hours away. Here's the latest regarding BBB complaints:
    I have not heard from PrizeLogic at all.
    Samsung responded, but I was waiting to reply until I had the watch in hand & functioning.
    Verizon responded last night via voicemail. I called back just now. They were about to send me a watch, but I told her that it was delivered a few minutes ago thanks to the magic of the BBB! Attachment 230966
    Congrats! If the watch had not arrived and Verizon offered you a watch would you had accepted it even though you had a tracking number?
    wheresmys2 likes this.
    06-28-2016 09:33 AM
    Guess what just landed on my doorstep? I thought it was odd that it was in CT yesterday morning, but it was going to take 2 days to get 4 hours away. Here's the latest regarding BBB complaints:
    Samsung responded, but I was waiting to reply until I had the watch in hand & functioning.
    Verizon responded last night via voicemail. I called back just now. They were about to send me a watch, but I told her that it was delivered a few minutes ago thanks to the magic of the BBB! Attachment 230966
    AWESOME! What do you think so far?
    wheresmys2 likes this.
    06-28-2016 09:33 AM
    Man it sucks be so close but feeling like it's so far away... No response to my reply from the PL's BBB response yesterday morning. Absolutely no response from my BBB complaint against Samsung still. At least PL responded to the complaint quickly. Samsung seems to be just ignoring it...
    Aushoj and Another Name like this.
    06-28-2016 09:41 AM
    Man it sucks be so close but feeling like it's so far away... No response to my reply from the PL's BBB response yesterday morning. Absolutely no response from my BBB complaint against Samsung still. At least PL responded to the complaint quickly. Samsung seems to be just ignoring it...
    Samsung was the last one to reply to me. Provided a number for a manager line I suppose but after a few rings it said no managers were available. I haven't tried calling back.

In case you want to give them a call 888-480-5675 hours are M-F 9am to 6 pm est.
    06-28-2016 09:45 AM
    Congrats! If the watch had not arrived and Verizon offered you a watch would you had accepted it even though you had a tracking number?
    Nope, that's why I stopped her before she started shipping me a watch. Although, if they had offered to send me a watch weeks ago & then let me return the 'gifted' one when it arrived, I would have taken them up on it. It was important to me that I not get something I wasn't entitled to. Again, not shading anyone at all....just a personal choice. I told Verizon all along that I was not asking them to send me a watch, I simply wanted them to get the process handled properly. I think it's a shame that it took BBB filings to get this resolved. But, I won't forget what we've been through....never again.
    mikeyt99, devdog91 and TammyH66 like this.
    06-28-2016 10:03 AM
    I never heard from Samsung. PL and Verizon contacted me though. I had a Verizon executive call me today with a tracking number, and get this. She said I should have received my VR in April, and my two watches are en route. While I was on the call, we both looked up the tracking number and the package is going to Hawaii! Haha that Verizon Exec just saw first hand how stupid PL is. Hopefully I can swing something and get another free watch for the BS they put me through.
    oks10 likes this.
    06-28-2016 10:04 AM
    AWESOME! What do you think so far?
    Well, it looks cute sitting on the charging cradle. I tore into the pkg so fast....praying it wasn't a VR! It's not as heavy as I thought it might be (good thing).
    oks10, mikeyt99, devdog91 and 2 others like this.
    06-28-2016 10:11 AM
    Nope, that's why I stopped her before she started shipping me a watch. Although, if they had offered to send me a watch weeks ago & then let me return the 'gifted' one when it arrived, I would have taken them up on it. It was important to me that I not get something I wasn't entitled to. Again, not shading anyone at all....just a personal choice. I told Verizon all along that I was not asking them to send me a watch, I simply wanted them to get the process handled properly. I think it's a shame that it took BBB filings to get this resolved. But, I won't forget what we've been through....never again.
    I must admit that I am a bit paranoid based on Tammy's experience. Until I have the watch in hand I don't know that I would refuse an offer from Verizon. I would definitely be willing to trade it in if I did finally receive the one from Prizelogic.

I do think someone needs to step up and do something regarding the way the promotion was handled. A real explanation of what happened would be enough. A Samsung store credit wouldn't hurt either lol.

At least it looks like this is finally reaching its end though.
    wheresmys2, mikeyt99 and TammyH66 like this.
    06-28-2016 10:31 AM
    I must admit that I am a bit paranoid based on Tammy's experience. Until I have the watch in hand I don't know that I would refuse an offer from Verizon. I would definitely be willing to trade it in if I did finally receive the one from Prizelogic.

I do think someone needs to step up and do something regarding the way the promotion was handled. A real explanation of what happened would be enough. A Samsung store credit wouldn't hurt either lol.

At least it looks like this is finally reaching its end though.
    I'd be fine with a simple "Look. We effed up, we're sorry." Spare me the "location code", "fulfillment company", "4 levels of approval", "unexpected overwhelming participation" BS and just admit you screwed the pooch on this one.... lol
    06-28-2016 10:37 AM
    I am just hoping that fedec tracking is broken and that is waiting for me on my front porch! It was on its way to my center so fingers crossed.

Somewhere on planet earth!
    wheresmys2 likes this.
    06-28-2016 12:00 PM
    Wooooo! It's over!!!
    Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread:  please post whether you are successful ...-3113.jpg
    06-28-2016 12:01 PM
    Wooooo! It's over!!!
    Congrats!!!
    mikeyt99 and devdog91 like this.
    06-28-2016 12:04 PM
    Congratulations.

devdog91 likes this.
    06-28-2016 01:17 PM
    And it's over for me. Thank you BBB and Verizon Wireless for making everything right. Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread:  please post whether you are successful ...-20160628_131803.jpg
    06-28-2016 01:27 PM
    Wooooo! It's over!!!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3113.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	183.7 KB 
ID:	230975Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3113.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	183.7 KB 
ID:	230975
    And it's over for me. Thank you BBB and Verizon Wireless for making everything right. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160628_131803.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	501.3 KB 
ID:	230982
    Is it possible to both hate and be happy for someone?...
    06-28-2016 01:42 PM
    15 weeks 6 days, since submission (3/9). 11 weeks, 5 days since official approval email (4/7). My wait is finally over, received the watches today. Maybe there is something to that old adage, the watched pot..... hadn't checked status, called, nor read here on the forum in many days. Unfortunately, due to the wait, process, etc. the thrill of a new gadget is gone, I might get to setting them up sometime this weekend. For those still waiting on the March/S7 pre-release promotion, I hope your 'gifts' will be arriving soon too, there is still some hope.
    06-28-2016 03:34 PM
    Now I really think Fedex is taunting me. Left this morning from hub to go to the center just up the road from my house. No tracking info after that. Never made it to my center. Hopefully tomorrow is my day. At least I would have all day Thursday on my day off to mess around with it.

06-28-2016 03:55 PM
    107 days and nothing Attachment 230730
    It's been few days... Just checking in on ya... How you holding up?
    wheresmys2 likes this.
    06-28-2016 04:15 PM
    Aushoj, where are you??? What can we do to help? Want me to do another full-court assault on FB? Only this time I will say it's to get my friend his Gear S2? Would you like the lady's contact info that I spoke with at Verizon? Don't give up....we haven't!!!
    Also, I'm working on my next conspiracy theory....can't make a go of it without you!
    devdog91 and chrisdaman77 like this.
    06-28-2016 04:23 PM
    I'll still be checking in untill everyone here has their S2's! Anyone who needs or want my input, I'll be glad to share or help!
    wheresmys2 and chrisdaman77 like this.
    06-28-2016 04:39 PM
    I'm also waiting for my s2 gear. I have been approved since march.
    The BBB complaints certainly seem to be making headway. I would suggest trying that route.
    wheresmys2 and chrisdaman77 like this.
    06-28-2016 04:53 PM
    oks10, how is your side going? They will receive Gear VR tomorrow, will follow up FB PL how it's going there side.
    PS: Who is still on the waiting boat?
    06-28-2016 07:02 PM
    oks10, how is your side going? They will receive Gear VR tomorrow, will follow up FB PL how it's going there side.
    PS: Who is still on the waiting boat?
    Absolutely no progress aside of PL trying to say my location code is what caused it but they so graciously requested "the fulfillment company" expedite my replacement like their doing me a freakin favor or something...
    wheresmys2 and Another Name like this.
    06-28-2016 07:31 PM
    I responded to Samsung's reply to my BBB filing. Although I have the watch, I still refused their response because they said they were 'sowwy, but this was all because inventory was low' and that they were going to email me with shipment info as soon as it was ready to ship. Well, I attached the copy of my status (which still says pending) because it is just another case of them saying something that makes them look good, but is totally untrue. I said they should compensate those of us affected with a gift certificate as well as taking a long, hard look at the situation with BrightPoint & PrizeLogic... specifically how they are giving false info to Samsung customers. No, it won't do any good, but at least the BBB will have a record of what they are doing.
    oks10, Another Name and mikeyt99 like this.
    06-28-2016 08:15 PM
    Got mine today.... Only took two weeks.... So far, it's pretty cool. Need to watch some tutorial on where to get the awe inspiring videos to watch. Tried jurassic world which was way cool but very short... Just one brontasourus for about 3 min.... Still way cool though..

I am glad it was free... Not sure j the woukd pay $100 for it simply because the content is jot there yet. But maybe I just haven't found it yet...
    06-28-2016 09:47 PM
4,281 ... 156157158159160 ...