Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

TammyH66

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
Called Prize Logic this morning at 7:40 am. Yesterday when I finally got thru I was number 58, so I hung up. This morning a person answered right away. Weird thing is they did not ask me to verify my email address this time, they asked for my phone number. They lady put me on hold came back and say we escalated it to tier 2 since it is over 8 weeks. She said I will receive an email in a couple of days.

Aushoj

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
What really happened… Here’s a theory/story (EVERYTHING IS PURE CONJECTURE!)

Ok so there’s a plant in Korea somewhere making watches. That plant makes X number of watches per day/week/month/quarter, of that output maybe 10% is put aside for promotion/warranty/gifts/testing or whatever. That 10% of watches is removed from the number of watches that can be sold. That plant or the Samsung exec in charge of the S2 division knows this but he also knows that his division must sell watches to keep the plant running.

The Brightpoint facility is a giant middle man for sales. At that facility there are probably sections marked off for manufactures. Like a large wall and section of floor that has all Samsung merchandise ordered and neat. Every time someone orders a phone or watch or whatever. A person at Brightpoint goes to the Samsung section and asks for the merchandise from a person who keeps count or control of the inventory of the Samsung section.

At the Brightpoint facility there’s a team or group of workers who are assigned to a boss/supervisor. This team or group goes to work every day and the boss tells them what to work. The boss intern probably has a computer program to determine the work.

The plant in Korea sends output to the Brightpoint facility and designates a fraction of that shipment to promotion/warranty or generally not sold for money product.

Of that fraction is where Brightpoint sends out our promotional watches. It seems the computer program tells the workers that a few are available each day, or the line item for Prizelogic/S2/promotion is lower on the list. Its possible that there are priority orders above the Prizelogic order.

Ok so the Samsung exec wants to sell watches to keep the plant running and is looking at the sales from the last quarter and realizes that he/she/zee is not selling at the projected levels and must reduce the 10% of production that is used for “Not selling” to 5%

SO the Brightpoint facility receives even less watches reserved for “Not Selling” and must slow the Prizelogic contract work down.

And/or the watch plant in Korea is getting retooled for the production of the S3 and the production of the S2 is slowed.

I like to write stories.

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Doesn't Brightpoint also handle incoming items for reconditioning/refurbishing? Could it also be that at the end of a day, the worker bee is tired and wants to go home, but there's 20 minutes on the clock, so zee decides to slap one of those labels on a box and zee's shipped his quota for the week? When Samsung checks to see if they are shipping the promo items....the answer is 'Yes~!"
I enjoy your theories.....We seem to be the only ones continuing our conspiracy theory project, tho. LOL

Side note: If I see one more 'team' photo on PLs Facebook page showing how great they are at working as a team, I'm gonna scream.

ktabel01

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
My response today. Approved March 23

Hello

Again we thank you and we really appreciate your patience. Due to the success of this promotion there are many orders to fill. However, we are working to fulfill the request as quickly as we can. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide a precise mail-out date.
Please note that you have received an estimated shipping date.
Your FED-EX tracking information may be found by entering your email address in our Submission Status Tool, which may be found here: https://promos.samsungpromotions.com/info/checkstatus

Please use the status checker tool for regular status updates.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Delays aside, the most frustrating thing is that NO ONE seems to have an actual answer for anything... It's just a loop of canned responses with no actual information and finger pointing. Not a single person at Verizon, Samsung or Prize Logic has a damned clue what is going on. They're all relying on a computerized status update from the distribution center (Brightpoint) that no one can even talk to. It shouldn't be THAT damn hard to figure out what the hell is going on that is causing items to be so heavily delayed and sent out in the wrong sequence... Sorry for the language but DAMN...

Jun 1, 2016
Visit site
Got my email response... its a wealth of information... ;)

"Thank you for your patience. Please allow approximately 6-8 weeks from receiving your approval email (4/6/16) to receive your gift. Shipping and tracking information will be sent to your email once your package has shipped. If you have additional questions please contact us."

Aushoj

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
Oh on a side note I spent a few satisfying hours creating sock puppet accounts and wandering the internets posting on how the s7 launch promotion orders where not filled yet, on every mention of the “Fathers day Gear VR” promotion that allowed comments.

And I was presently surprised that I was often not the first one to mention how the promotion was crap.

Probably doesn’t mean anything really.

A while ago I did look into Prizelogic and was looking into past promotions and yeah there were complaints, but I think never on the level of the S7 launch promo debacle.

Eventualy the Prizelogic name will be mud and they’ll just change the name. They will keep all the organization and bad business policy just change the name and maybe the address and we’ll never know.

Damn it, Ill have to go buy an apple product next gen…

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Here is my 'escalated to a Supervisor' response:
Hello,

Thank you for your patience, due to the success of this promotion it is taking longer to fulfill gifts than we anticipated. The time frame is an approximation and we are working as quickly as possible to fulfill gifts. Please continue to check your email and the below check status link. If you have further questions please view the terms and conditions of this promotion.

https://promos.samsungpromotions.com/info/CheckStatus

Best Regards,
Prize logic Support

I thought it was hilarious that the only thing that changed was that they no longer want me to contact them. Just check my T&C! :(

cpoll2050

May 17, 2016
Visit site
Got this today:

For more information regarding the delay, Samsung is working to manufacture new devices to be allocated toward this promotion. As soon as they arrive at the shipping company Samsung contracts, it will be sent to you and you will receive the tracking information.

I submitted for two Gear S2's on 3/8 and was approved on 4/6. I also submitted for a VR on 3/16 and was approved on 3/22. I have not received any of them yet.

tom7476

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
Still waiting for my gear vr. I posted sometime last week how I called pl and the first person told me they didn't know why I haven't received it yet and they would have support look into it. Well I got my email from support today. And just as expected it has nothing to do with my personal case. Just a copy paste generic email linking to the check status page and stuff like that. My check status page still says estimated shipping date of 4/30. Called again today and told them I got their generic email that wasn't any help. She put me on hold to look into it and when she came back she said my order has been recently fulfilled and I should be receiving shipping info soon. I'll believe it when I see it. She said to give it another week.

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Tried & Failed. I think I was only fooling myself that maybe there was an answer coming. Oh well, I wasted 2 hours on my day off. Not the end of the world. Maybe some people will get shipments in the next couple of days. Hope so!

Cnicks

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I submitted 3/10 Approved 4/14
I received my watch last Saturday.

My status still says approved shipping pending..

Posted via the Android Central App

Ampage

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
Gear VR Approved March 23, estimated ship date May 8 (Obviously received nothing yet). No luck with calls, emails, or tweets to Samsung, Verizion, or Prizelogic.

I'm thinking section 7 of the TaC is the only remedy, but it looks like more haste than its worth:

7. DISPUTES: THIS OFFER IS GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN
ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK, AND THE FORUM
AND VENUE FOR ANY DISPUTE SHALL BE IN NEW YORK, NEW YORK. IF THE
CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM IS NOT OTHERWISE RESOLVED THROUGH DIRECT
DISCUSSIONS OR MEDIATION, IT SHALL THEN BE RESOLVED BY FINAL AND
BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION
ASSOCIATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH ITS ARBITRATION RULES AND PROCEDURES
OR SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS THEREOF ("AAA RULES"). THE AAA RULES FOR
SELECTION OF AN ARBITRATOR SHALL BE FOLLOWED, EXCEPT THAT THE
ARBITRATOR SHALL BE EXPERIENCED AND LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW IN NEW
YORK. ALL PROCEEDINGS BROUGHT PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH WILL BE
CONDUCTED IN NEW YORK, NEW YORK. THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM SHALL BE
LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTY BE ENTITLED
TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES
OR HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED, INCLUDING
ATTORNEY'S FEES OR OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, OR
TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE
RELIEF. PARTICIPANTS AGREE THAT THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ANY
PARTICIPANT AND/OR OFFER ENTITY AND/OR ANY OTHER PARTY SHALL BE
RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION.
ANY DEMAND FOR ARBITRATION MUST BE FILED WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR OF THE TIME
THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUED, OR THE CAUSE OF ACTION SHALL BE FOREVER
BARRED. If any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or
illegal, or otherwise conflicts with the AAA Rules, then the balance of this arbitration provision
shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid,
unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein.

any thoughts?

Aushoj

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
Gear VR Approved March 23, estimated ship date May 8 (Obviously received nothing yet). No luck with calls, emails, or tweets to Samsung, Verizion, or Prizelogic.

I'm thinking section 7 of the TaC is the only remedy, but it looks like more haste than its worth:

any thoughts?

If I lived in NYC it might be worth a call. But really I don't think we would have much of a case since thier still telling us "oh yeah it's coming, hold your horses"

If they said "F off, you are not part of the 35000, supplies where limited, first come first serve, no watch for you"

Then we might have a case, we can have the arbitratior supina(sp?) the records and discover the first come first serve part was not followed.

Then we get watches

But I think PL legal knows the FCFS part was F'ed and that's why everyone who applied for the wached is approved, (no one was told sorry all out)

And anyone who got the VR instead of watches and was found to really really bought from vw.com got e certs that was of equal value (including the vr)this covers them legaly.

The reason why it's taking so long was the first come first serve part was FUBAR, they had to give the watches to everyone, "allocated" (see post above)supply of watches was spent and is slowly being trickled in.

BOOM! Lawyered!

Sean John416

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
Called prizelogic yesterday morning and I'm in my 8th week but was told straight up there's nothing they can do no escalating no nothing. Called verizon and complained and was told nothing they could do. Got up to 2 levels of supervisors and the last one agreed it's a joke how things were being handled with prizelogic although she couldn't do anything for me but to try and contact both samsung and prizelogic which she did and nothing just that I will receive my 2 watches by end of summer! I said well ship me 2 boxes for the 2 s7 edges cause I'm sending them back. She said I couldn't (which I knew) so I said well transfer me to your cancellation department I'm done with verizon. She then said she'd hate to lose a valuable long time customer due to this promotion and is willing to help me but not able to send watches. We did come to an agreement that by end of summer if I do not receive my watches verizon will fulfill my 2 s2s guaranteed for a piece of mind. I agreed but with the terms if they no longer have these S2s they will upgrade me to the gear S3s or cash and tax value (credit) of the watches which ever I'd want. I'm willing to wait as long as I have some sort of guarantee that I'm not getting screwed! So not a bad morning being on the phone for almost 2 hours with Verizon and receiving 4 free gigs for life and was told she'll waive any activation cost for the watches and the $5 a month service for each! I'll caulk that up as a win for me

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084