05-03-2017 07:33 PM
4,281 1234 ...
tools
    Mine came with the phone. Ordered direct from Samsung UK. I've not tried it yet lol! Loving the phone though.
    03-09-2016 02:24 PM
    Keep your shirts on guys. Getting your Netflix code should be a good indicator as to when your Gear VR when will ship. 4-6 weeks usually means 4-6 weeks.
    03-09-2016 03:13 PM
    Keep your shirts on guys. Getting your Netflix code should be a good indicator as to when your Gear VR when will ship. 4-6 weeks usually means 4-6 weeks.
    Right, but they give an April date for redeeming some of the stuff, so a confirmation would be great.

Mine is under review since the day the promotion went live.
    03-09-2016 03:45 PM
    with prizelogic running the show 4-6 weeks could also mean they denied your claim for whatever reason and just never bothered to tell you.

while checking in less than 2-3 weeks is pointless, i'd start checking the status page around the 4 week mark if you don't hear anything to make sure things are going smoothly.
    03-09-2016 05:54 PM
    It only asked for IMEI and WIFI MAC address for me too, but that's the email I got this morning (submitted the request yesterday). The website itself never asked for a Location Code, but that's the reason that was given for the rejection.

VERIZON FOLKS: Let me know what you other Verizon folks have on your packing slip for Location Code so I can ask Verizon why mine is different (or, if it's the same, why I got rejected)

Thanks!
    Not sure if this is helpful but this is the code I got last year when I ordered a phone online straight from verizonwireless.com: E248201
    03-09-2016 06:58 PM
    I ordered from bestbuy and got it with my phone.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-09-2016 07:29 PM
    Not sure if this is helpful but this is the code I got last year when I ordered a phone online straight from verizonwireless.com: E248201
    Thanks, but hopefully somebody who didn't get rejected will respond here with their code. The good news though is that Samsung responded within 24 hours to my submission.

Did anybody else get rejected by Verizon due to "Location code"?
    03-09-2016 07:38 PM
    It only asked for IMEI and WIFI MAC address for me too, but that's the email I got this morning (submitted the request yesterday). The website itself never asked for a Location Code, but that's the reason that was given for the rejection.

VERIZON FOLKS: Let me know what you other Verizon folks have on your packing slip for Location Code so I can ask Verizon why mine is different (or, if it's the same, why I got rejected)

Thanks!
    P175401

03-09-2016 08:46 PM
    Mine got rejected. It said "Your location code is invalid" and asked me to try again. Huh???

I have a S7 Edge ordered directly with Verizon Wireless.

What location code do you guys have on your packing slip? Mine shows W211501.
    Another possibly unhelpful comment but are you sure you scanned your receipt so the location code comes through clearly? These may be OCR scanned by automation tools, I suspect they don't have humans look at each receipt. Same thing goes for my stupid health insurance when I send claims in by fax, sometimes they misinterpret someone's handwriting and it gets rejected. Did they actually repeat back to you in the rejection email what the invalid location code was?
    03-09-2016 09:14 PM
    P175401
    Hi Weirdohappy, was that from your packing slip for the S7 Edge? If yes, then I'll call Verizon and ask them about both your and my location code and see what's going on. Thank you
    03-09-2016 10:04 PM
    Another possibly unhelpful comment but are you sure you scanned your receipt so the location code comes through clearly? These may be OCR scanned by automation tools, I suspect they don't have humans look at each receipt. Same thing goes for my stupid health insurance when I send claims in by fax, sometimes they misinterpret someone's handwriting and it gets rejected. Did they actually repeat back to you in the rejection email what the invalid location code was?
    Hi, no comment/suggestion is unhelpful. I am very appreciative of the feedback you have provided because it helps point in directions I may not have considered before. In regards to OCR, you may be right. The email I got back did not mention anything about the code on my packing slip. But before I take another picture and re-submit, I am going to call Verizon first and ask about it. I wouldn't want to get rejected a second time and lose my chance in getting the promotion.

I will wait a few more days to see if anybody else will share what Location Code their packing slip says, and whether theirs match mine or weirdohappy's. Thanks, all
    03-09-2016 10:07 PM
    Hi, no comment/suggestion is unhelpful. I am very appreciative of the feedback you have provided because it helps point in directions I may not have considered before. In regards to OCR, you may be right. The email I got back did not mention anything about the code on my packing slip. But before I take another picture and re-submit, I am going to call Verizon first and ask about it. I wouldn't want to get rejected a second time and lose my chance in getting the promotion.

I will wait a few more days to see if anybody else will share what Location Code their packing slip says, and whether theirs match mine or weirdohappy's. Thanks, all
    Order Date: 03/02/2016
    Location Code: N832411
    03-09-2016 10:18 PM
    Order Date: 03/02/2016
    Location Code: N832411
    Thank you, eddiechi. I've summarized my original post with the following info. There doesn't seem to be a pattern.

hksscom: W211501 (3/4/16 Order date) - REJECTED as "Invalid Location Code"
    weirdohappy: P175401
    eddiechi: N832411 (3/2/16 Order date)
    03-09-2016 10:35 PM
    Even free - I'm not excited about the VR -- am I the only one?
    You are not.
    I got mine with my phone and a 64GB card from best buy last Tuesday, and it's still in its box, haven't opened it yet.
    Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread:  please post whether you are successful ...-1457585589055.jpg
    Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread:  please post whether you are successful ...-1457585603614.jpg

Sent From my Galaxy S7 Edge Silver Titanium
    03-09-2016 10:54 PM
    I pre-ordered through Sprint Customer Service and was told the VR would ship sometime after the phone. My phone came yesterday (delayed one day due to storms) and the VR came with it. Didn't even have a shipping notification for the VR but definitely not complaining. No time to play with it yet so it's still in the box.

Posted via AC App from my Galaxy S7 Edge
    03-10-2016 09:43 AM
    I keep getting an error message that says "your carrier does not participate in this promotion" ? Its Verizon ??

Any help ?
    03-10-2016 09:46 AM
    I keep getting an error message that says "your carrier does not participate in this promotion" ? Its Verizon ??

Any help ?
    Did you go directly to Verizon's specific promotion page? http://www.samsungpromotions.com/verizonoffer
    03-10-2016 11:32 AM
    For those who have already received their VR (I picked mine up along with my Edge at Best Buy). How do you activate the $50 worth of VR games that we are supposed to receive (6 game bundle)? I've registered my oculus account but I'm not seeing any of the aforementioned VR content in my library.

Thanks!
    03-10-2016 12:38 PM
    I pre-ordered my S7 at a Verizon corporate store and they said I'll have no problem getting the watch as a promo. Little did I know that was not true as in-store you only qualify for a VR. However, in the box today when I received my S7, I have a verizon online customer receipt with a location code D459601 and I'm curious to try it to see if I can get the watch. I don't want to turn the phone on to get the WiFi Mac Address (to avoid a restocking fee) in case I decide to ship it back to the store and order a new S7 online to be fully qualified for the promo. Anyone have a similar situation?
    03-10-2016 12:47 PM
    Yes, I keep getting an error message at the top that says The carrier that your phone is tied to does not participate.
    03-10-2016 12:51 PM
    Yes, I keep getting an error message at the top that says The carrier that your phone is tied to does not participate.
    Did you order online? Or did you order in-store and had it shipped to you?
    03-10-2016 12:56 PM
    03-10-2016 01:15 PM
    This might be a dumb question, but does it matter whether I submit the packing slip from the box or the sales confirmation I received via email?
    03-10-2016 01:43 PM
    For those who have already received their VR (I picked mine up along with my Edge at Best Buy). How do you activate the $50 worth of VR games that we are supposed to receive (6 game bundle)? I've registered my oculus account but I'm not seeing any of the aforementioned VR content in my library.

Thanks!
    The 6 game bundle just became available this morning. When you go to the oculus store, the free content is marked as "purchased". You'll see them in your library or while browsing through the store.

03-10-2016 02:35 PM
    Verizon ordered on 2/27
    Arrived today at about noon
    Submitted around 12:30 got notice at 12:45 that is was submitted for the Gear S2.

mundo472 likes this.
    03-10-2016 02:47 PM
4,281 1234 ...