05-03-2017 07:33 PM
4,281 ... 2324252627 ...
tools
    Ugh. I hope Verizon pulls through. As far as this thread goes, no one on Verizon has received their VR or S2 yet, correct?
    03-29-2016 07:09 PM
    Only a ship date of the 18th for me. Verizon submitted 3/10. Still not sure what I am getting since they said my location code was invalid for the S2 even though I pre-ordered online and with the DPP as required.
    03-29-2016 07:13 PM
    Only a ship date of the 18th for me. Verizon submitted 3/10. Still not sure what I am getting since they said my location code was invalid for the S2 even though I pre-ordered online and with the DPP as required.
    I'm exact same. Submitted about 8:30p on 3-10 for VR.
    03-29-2016 07:16 PM
    Got mine earlier today. Well worth the wait, love the VR so far, but getting some motion/VR sickness since I'm new to it.
    03-29-2016 10:09 PM
    Successful at gaming and Study.
    03-30-2016 02:21 AM
    FINALLY!!! I checked my status on the promo site this morning. No change. Checked FedEx delivery manager and boom! New shipment being delivered by today end of the day!!!!

Oh man I'm so pumped!

Since most people include this info. I submitted my offer on 3/9 and got an estimated ship date of 4/1. S7 Edge was through AT&T.
    03-30-2016 07:54 AM
    Ugh. I hope Verizon pulls through. As far as this thread goes, no one on Verizon has received their VR or S2 yet, correct?
    I have not even got a ship date for my s2 yet
    03-30-2016 07:54 AM
    For those on Verizon, I say be patient. The T-Mo's who bought a week before the S7's were available on Verizon are getting their VR's first. They had a week or more of a head start. Now for those that made the wise choice of getting the S2 smartwatch with Verizon's promo, I'm willing to wait a month or more since we by far got the better deal amongst all the other carriers (even with that extra Netflix GC that Tmobs got with their VR).

My guess is that the requirements fine-print confusion early on, coupled with the possibility they wrongfully guessed that Verizoners would be split choosing between the VR and S2. Lord knows how they could not properly estimate the stock required when anyone with a brain could Google-search the retail value differential between the two (see below).

Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread:  please post whether you are successful ...-vpromo.jpg
    Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread:  please post whether you are successful ...-vpromo1.jpg
    03-30-2016 08:43 AM
    For those on Verizon, I say be patient. The T-Mo's who bought a week before the S7's were available on Verizon are getting their VR's first. They had a week or more of a head start. Now for those that made the wise choice of getting the S2 smartwatch with Verizon's promo, I'm willing to wait a month or more since we by far got the better deal amongst all the other carriers (even with that extra Netflix GC that Tmobs got with their VR).
    Agreed, but dang if it isn't difficult to be patient.

Personally, I don't understand the challenges Samsung/PrizeLogic seem to be having. This is a simple process, with a very limited inventory (both selection and quantity). If a submission is approved, you print the label and throw it on a box. Whatever fulfillment center they are using should have had the inventory on hand (at least, most of it). We're not talking Amazon.com levels of warehousing/inventory here.

If I"m Samsung, there is zero benefit to any delay - if I'm giving a product away for free, it does me no good to have that product sitting in a warehouse, when instead it could be in users' hands getting brand awareness, personal reviews, word-of-mouth, questions from others, etc. Esp for the Gear VR, they should have had all those out prior to the Oculus Rift launch. (and I'm a S2 watch orderer).

If I'm PrizeLogic, I never would allow more than a day or two for a "preparing shipment" status without having a set ship date. Just confusing/stupid on their part.

Oh well, still excited to get watch (crosses fingers), now I'll go practice being patient
    03-30-2016 09:48 AM

Personally, I don't understand the challenges Samsung/PrizeLogic seem to be having. This is a simple process, with a very limited inventory (both selection and quantity). If a submission is approved, you print the label and throw it on a box. Whatever fulfillment center they are using should have had the inventory on hand (at least, most of it). We're not talking Amazon.com levels of warehousing/inventory here.

If I"m Samsung, there is zero benefit to any delay - if I'm giving a product away for free, it does me no good to have that product sitting in a warehouse, when instead it could be in users' hands getting brand awareness, personal reviews, word-of-mouth, questions from others, etc. Esp for the Gear VR, they should have had all those out prior to the Oculus Rift launch. (and I'm a S2 watch orderer).

If I'm PrizeLogic, I never would allow more than a day or two for a "preparing shipment" status without having a set ship date. Just confusing/stupid on their part.

Oh well, still excited to get watch (crosses fingers), now I'll go practice being patient
    Agreed. Why leave consumers with a "preparing for shipment" message as long as this? It's misleading. Then again, there are folks on here who have received their gifts and those "Shipping Date Pending" messages never changed.
    03-30-2016 10:25 AM

I'm sure there are a few more reasons for the wait or extended time period.... first it states that shipment would be 4-6 weeks and I'm sure the time frame was calculated to make sure they audit those that qualify for the promo against returns which can be processed up until as late as Apr 1st in some instances or exchanges...

as well as the fact that they had to wait to get approval from samsung to allocate more supply for the S2 promo in which I actually do not think they were originally going to do until the backlash started from the constant misinformation and it was notated that the terms and conditions in the promo were changed after people made their pre-order and then went to register for the promo after March 4th and found out the promo was really a lottery with the change in fine print...........

You will notice that the first change in the fine print was done surreptitiously before March 4th...... then the 2nd change to the fine print about a 2 week later was posted in bright red print... I am positive that was no accident... and now trying to allocate supply they weren't prepared to fulfill..
    03-30-2016 10:40 AM
    I just received my Gear VR promotion gift yesterday. Played around with it last night. Its cool and takes some getting used to. Im pretty sure everyone will be getting their gifts soon. I see most people on here opted for the Gear S2. I've had the Gear S2 since it first came out with T-Mobile. Great device..you will enjoy it just be patient.
    03-30-2016 11:12 AM
    Same same. Submitted S2 3/10; still approved with ship date pending.
    03-30-2016 11:17 AM
    I just called fedex and just gave them my address and they told me the package is set to arrive tomorrow

I got my phone from Verizon on one of the last few days of the promo.
    03-30-2016 11:20 AM
    VR gear arrived yesterday (T-Mo). Wish they were offering the watch instead, I already had a headset
    03-30-2016 11:20 AM
    I also registered my device on 3/9 and have been told everything is approved but no shipping date was given. I emailed again yesterday to see if I can obtain a shipping date but no reply as of yet.
    03-30-2016 11:43 AM
    As noted in my previous posts on this thread, I'm getting my free S2 from Verizon directly instead of through the third-party promotions administrator, but even directly through Verizon, the S2 was backordered when they initially placed the order for me (I think that was on 3/12). At that time, the e-mail I got from Verizon suggested it should ship by 4/1. I got a notification today from Verizon that it is shipping out today via FedEx overnight, for delivery to me tomorrow by 3 PM. We'll see.
    03-30-2016 11:48 AM
    Got my glasses today
    03-30-2016 12:21 PM
    As noted in my previous posts on this thread, I'm getting my free S2 from Verizon directly instead of through the third-party promotions administrator, but even directly through Verizon, the S2 was backordered when they initially placed the order for me (I think that was on 3/12). At that time, the e-mail I got from Verizon suggested it should ship by 4/1. I got a notification today from Verizon that it is shipping out today via FedEx overnight, for delivery to me tomorrow by 3 PM. We'll see.
    How did you get one directly through VZW?
    03-30-2016 01:03 PM
    Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread:  please post whether you are successful ...-screenshot_20160330-140350.jpg

just got my email from Samsung Promotions today saying my gear vr is on its way. They sent it to my home address (which i havent been at for a few weeks but thats fine) instead of where I had the phone shipped. Glad I got the email first otherwise I never would have known. FedEx delivery manager wont verify my info.

tmobile 04/01/16 expected ship date. got my netflix code and approval message on 03-22-16. Will be here 03/31/16
    03-30-2016 01:25 PM
    Got mine today.
    03-30-2016 01:39 PM
    just got my fed ex tracking # for my vr gear!!!!

Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread:  please post whether you are successful ...-enhanced-buzz-8016-1426277582-24.jpg

03-30-2016 02:29 PM
    Both my submissions still pending approval :/
    03-30-2016 05:09 PM
    Submitted for the GEAR S2 Watch
    Just spoke to Prizelogic, very nice woman, who's name I didn't catch. She said that I am down for submitting it on the 18th and therefor should expect it in 6-8 weeks (I asked and she said that she thinks that it probably won't be earlier because the timing was pushed back from 4-6 to 6-8 so that it is probably real.) She also implied that they won't necessarily be updating the online notifications, but that I can try again in 2 weeks, and infomed me that they can get a tracking number IF available
    03-30-2016 05:18 PM
    Got mine today!

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread:  please post whether you are successful ...-43857.jpg  
    cbugzeee and Polen like this.
    03-30-2016 05:42 PM
4,281 ... 2324252627 ...