05-03-2017 07:33 PM
4,281 ... 2829303132 ...
tools
    FYI. This is the status now when I check on my Gear VR:
    Submission Approved. Preparing for Shipment.
    Shipping Date Estimate: Pending

Delivery times for Gear VR are now extending into May and potentially Summer 2016. Click “Update Gift” if you would like to receive a $100 coupon code towards a purchase at Samsung.com* instead of the Gear VR. You must select your choice no later than Friday, April 8, 2016 at 11:59:59pm ET. If you select to receive the $100 coupon code, you will not receive the Gear VR.
    UPDATE GIFT
    *$100 Samsung.com code is a one-time use Reward eCertificate valid only for purchases made on Samsung.com 3/23/16 - 7/1/16.
    As the Gear VR has the exact same value as the $100 Samsung eCertificate, I would go ahead and take the eCertificate. Then go ahead and purchase the Gear VR (or whatever you want) directly from Samsung. You'll more then likely get the goggles much faster then waiting for PrizeLogic. For those awaiting the Gear S2 (Valued at $300-$350), obviously this doesn't make sense.
    04-01-2016 08:11 AM
    Hey received my s7 edge from VERIZON on 3/11 and submitted the promo form the same day. I have had the shipping date pending for 10 days with no change. I checked FedEx and there is nothing there either. Anyone else have this issue. I'm supposedly getting the s2. I received the your submission was accepted but that's it. Any help would be great.
    04-01-2016 08:36 AM
    Hey received my s7 edge from VERIZON on 3/11 and submitted the promo form the same day. I have had the shipping date pending for 10 days with no change. I checked FedEx and there is nothing there either. Anyone else have this issue. I'm supposedly getting the s2. I received the your submission was accepted but that's it. Any help would be great.
    I submitted 3/9 and still pending with no fedex notification either
    04-01-2016 08:47 AM
    Same here. Got my S7E on 03/09. Submitted claim with less than an hour after I got the phone. Still Pending shipment date. Seems that those that submitted after 03/09 are getting the Approval notice with a shipment date.
    04-01-2016 08:55 AM
    I submitted 3/9 and still pending with no fedex notification either
    All promotions like this suck. They should go in order of submission not all of this random stuff. I have April 18 ship date, now I'm seeing people with April 8 ship date. People with submission after me are being delivered.
    04-01-2016 08:58 AM
    My status also now shows the delay message:

Submission Approved. Preparing for Shipment.
    Shipping Date Estimate: Pending

Delivery times for Gear VR are now extending into May and potentially Summer 2016. Click “Update Gift” if you would like to receive a $100 coupon code towards a purchase at Samsung.com* instead of the Gear VR. You must select your choice no later than Friday, April 8, 2016 at 11:59:59pm ET. If you select to receive the $100 coupon code, you will not receive the Gear VR.

I'd go with it, but the offer is also supposed to include $50 worth of games. Funny thing is, when I signed up, the site said something about "please allow 6-8 weeks". I signed up right at the end (3/17) which would have put me half way through May anyway. I'm not crazy about the prospect of "potentially Summer," but I guess I can wait.
    04-01-2016 09:02 AM
    Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread:  please post whether you are successful ...-screenshot_2016-04-01-07-02-48.jpg
    This is the only email I received and it was sent just after I had submitted my claim on 03/09. My current status is
    "Submission Approved. Preparing for Shipment.
    Shipping Date Estimate: Pending"
    I have received no other communication from Samsung or PrizeLogic.
    I keep seeing that those that submitted claims after me are getting shipment dates. So there seems to be no rhyme or reason to what is going on with this promotion.
    04-01-2016 09:11 AM
    I'm in the same exact situation as you. Only I submitted 3/10.
    04-01-2016 09:41 AM
    I received the Gear VR yesterday. AT&T submitted around 530pm cst.

I had a ton of issues getting it to work. It would download games or an update for oculus system activities but it would never install so I couldn't use it. I eventually found this reddit post on how to fix it. https://www.reddit.com/r/GearVR/comm...le_to_install/ Turns out if you disable facebook apps oculus won't work. The other thread I found on it didn't mention there was a facebook app that would disable that was only visible if you view system apps in the app manager.

Good luck.
    04-01-2016 09:45 AM
    If you take the e certificate and order from samsung.com, you will not get the game bundle.
    04-01-2016 09:45 AM
    Well, I decided to forego the $50 in free games and take the gift certificate offer thinking that it would help speed up the process, but....now my status shows the infamous: "Submission Approved. Preparing for Shipment. Shipping Date Estimate: Pending". Hopefully, I didn't just jump from one sinking ship to another. We will see.
    04-01-2016 09:46 AM
    I was hesitant to do that, now Prize Logic says I will probably get a ship date of May 8th. I still do not have an email
    04-01-2016 09:48 AM
    Seeing as I opted for the watch, and have now confirmed with Prizelogic twice that I will be getting the watch, I'm just going to hold out. This is very frustrating though, I have to say.
    04-01-2016 09:55 AM
    As the Gear VR has the exact same value as the $100 Samsung eCertificate, I would go ahead and take the eCertificate. Then go ahead and purchase the Gear VR (or whatever you want) directly from Samsung. You'll more then likely get the goggles much faster then waiting for PrizeLogic. For those awaiting the Gear S2 (Valued at $300-$350), obviously this doesn't make sense.
    Going that route might make you miss out on the Oculus game promotion
    04-01-2016 10:41 AM
    Mine had delivery for today as well, but they only were notified of label creation so far. I'm only 2.5 hours from Plainfield, IN. Should have a shiny new s2 soon 😀
    Seeing as mine says the same thing "label created" but a delivery date for today, I'm assuming it's just an April Fools prank and I'm not getting it.
    04-01-2016 12:30 PM
    My shipping date said April 1st. It's out for delivery today. I ordered my T-Mobile S7 Edge on March 2nd and I got the phone on March 4th.

The S7 Edge that I ordered on March 27th that got delivered on March 12, still has the VR as preparing for shipment.
    04-01-2016 12:34 PM
    only one person has posted they received their s2 so far and that was an exception delivered directly by VZW and it was the S2 classic.......
    This is correct - mine may be (probably is) a bit of a "one off". FWIW (probably not much), mine has both BT and 3G; to use the 3G functionality I would have to add it to our Verizon plan and pay a $5/month device fee. I probably won't do this since the account is our company business account, so for now I'm just connected to my S7 via BT.
    04-01-2016 12:44 PM
    curious if anyone with an S2 showing their fedex package is "out for delivery" on this day of fools as my fedex driver just does a drive by without stopping.....
    04-01-2016 12:44 PM
    So after having my status say approved waiting for shipping I get an email today saying my receipt was too blurry and I have to resubmit it. My receipt was a screenshot off my phone. There's no way it was blurry. I don't understand how it went from approved and shipping date of 4/30 to this. Probably ran out and are now giving people the run around.
    04-01-2016 12:46 PM
    Picture or it did not happen - Easy as that.
    Are you referring to a picture of the watch? I posted one yesterday.

If you're speaking directly to my point re: shipping weight for a single watch, here's a photo of the box:

Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread:  please post whether you are successful ...-20160401_123358.jpg
    04-01-2016 12:47 PM
    So after having my status say approved waiting for shipping I get an email today saying my receipt was too blurry and I have to resubmit it. My receipt was a screenshot off my phone. There's no way it was blurry. I don't understand how it went from approved and shipping date of 4/30 to this. Probably ran out and are now giving people the run around.
    Something not right about your scenario....there is no way a screen shot can be blurry, esp after you already had approval..... if you are waiting for the S2 I would be on the phone with preize logic if you have time to wait through their Que of 25-30 people....... If they require you to resubmit they will prob push back your delivery date to late May if you don't call them out.....
    04-01-2016 12:54 PM
    That bites!
    04-01-2016 12:59 PM
    People on here have received their Gear Vr's and never an email from Samsung with tracking correct? Wondering if the same could happen to customers who opted for the Gear S2... I guess my wishful thinking is leading me to believe I could get the watch any day now even without a tracking number..
    04-01-2016 01:02 PM
    People on here have received their Gear Vr's and never an email from Samsung with tracking correct? Wondering if the same could happen to customers who opted for the Gear S2... I guess my wishful thinking is leading me to believe I could get the watch any day now even without a tracking number..
    That istrue, some people didn't get the email with tracking number from samsung promo until after it was delivered.... although I have had a tracking number for my s2 since wed night and all it says is "label created" and then I received an email from Samsung Promotions last night saying my submission was approved and a tracking number will be sent once it ships on Apr 8th..

on fedex delivery mgr...... mine currently says:

Scheduled delivery:
    Thu 3/31/2016 by end of day

"Shipping label has been created. The status will be updated when shipment begins to travel."

Shipment Facts
    Tracking number 940XXXXXXXX
    Weight 2.3 lbs / 1.04 kgs
    Terms Not Available
    Packaging Package
    Service FedEx Home Delivery
    Total pieces 1
    Shipment ID 940XXXXXXXXXXXXX
    04-01-2016 01:07 PM
    Well April Fools it is. Checked my FedEx tracker. Wont be here til tomorrow now.
    04-01-2016 01:19 PM
4,281 ... 2829303132 ...